Author Topic: ALL PHYSICS DOUBTS - POST HERE !!  (Read 199488 times)

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
Re: ALL PHYSICS DOUBTS - POST HERE !!
« Reply #840 on: May 20, 2010, 05:03:55 pm »

2010 luv ur signature !! XD

Offline Fastal

• SF Citizen
« Reply #841 on: May 20, 2010, 05:30:18 pm »
guys is
P=hdg only applicable to liquids
cuz i used that formula for air pressure in a past paper
anyone?

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #842 on: May 20, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »
anyone?

which paper ?? depends on the context ..

Offline Helium

• SF Citizen
  • Knowledge is light
« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2010, 05:45:01 pm »
this is about springs

It says that force is proportiional to extension

F IS FORCE
K  IS SPRING CONSTANT X IS EXTENSION

The constant is defined as how much force is need to stretch the spring by 1m adn the unit is N/m or N/mm or N/cm

K = F/x

a spring with a large spring constant  is hard to stretch ( needs alot of force ) while one with small spring constant need less

Thanks that was a very good explanation ;D
Aiming for the top

Offline guMnam

• !!~~**~~!!
  • SF Farseer
  • !!~~guMnam~~!!
« Reply #844 on: May 21, 2010, 07:32:27 am »
@ kimo jesus......are u a teacher or wat..:P nice stuff gud work:D

I <3 Challenges
Never give up :)

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
  • Egyptian And so damn proud . I love you jesus!
« Reply #845 on: May 21, 2010, 07:37:36 am »
@ kimo jesus......are u a teacher or wat..:P nice stuff gud work:D
lol no :P im doing the ig with you guys :p

just a good skool i guess and some stuff i plainly taken off the book  ::)
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #846 on: May 21, 2010, 07:58:44 am »
help

October november 2004

Describe the action of a tranistor?

can you say   When voltage accross the base and emitter iis large enough the transistor switches on and aloows a large current to pass

mark scheme asnwers : http://www.freeexampapers.us/IGCSE/Physics/CIE/2004%20Nov/0625_w04_ms_3.pdf   ( question 10 2)

i dont understand any ^
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #847 on: May 21, 2010, 08:18:02 am »

10 a) a transistor can be used as a switch

b) the base current of the transistor can be varied, works only when Voltage in base is greater than 0.6 V , small change in base current can produce a large change in collector or emitter current

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #848 on: May 21, 2010, 08:47:08 am »
10 a) a transistor can be used as a switch

b) the base current of the transistor can be varied, works only when Voltage in base is greater than 0.6 V , small change in base current can produce a large change in collector or emitter current

ok but what do u mean by

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #849 on: May 21, 2010, 09:01:27 am »

there are two current paths through a transistor .. base emitter and collector emitter which is via base ..A voltage or current applied to the  terminals changes the current flowing through another pair of terminals.Because the output power can be much more than the controlling input power, the transistor provides amplification of a signal.

The essential usefulness of a transistor comes from its ability to use a small signal applied between one pair of its terminals to control a much larger signal at another pair of terminals. This property is called gain. A transistor can control its output in proportion to the input signal, that is, can act as an amplifier.

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #850 on: May 21, 2010, 09:08:51 am »
there are two current paths through a transistor .. base emitter and collector emitter which is via base ..A voltage or current applied to the  terminals changes the current flowing through another pair of terminals.Because the output power can be much more than the controlling input power, the transistor provides amplification of a signal.

The essential usefulness of a transistor comes from its ability to use a small signal applied between one pair of its terminals to control a much larger signal at another pair of terminals. This property is called gain. A transistor can control its output in proportion to the input signal, that is, can act as an amplifier.
i see thanks !

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #851 on: May 21, 2010, 09:18:58 am »

just a property .. u jus hav to know them .. nothing to understand i suppose ..

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #852 on: May 21, 2010, 09:22:02 am »

u have to understand them..very important..

check june 07 Q10 b)...abt transistors..

a guy called "cooldude" had answered it beautifully ...if u want i can get that explanation for u..
divine intervention!

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #853 on: May 21, 2010, 09:34:48 am »

yea please .. our teacher never taught us properly .. :\

thanks .. :)

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #854 on: May 21, 2010, 09:54:56 am »
ans10b)
see if we want to change the temperature at which the lamp switches on, we have to change the value of resistance R1. if we increase the value of the resistance then more voltage will flow through the transistor and if we decrease the voltage then less voltage will flow through the transistor. therefore if we assume that the amount of heat falling on the thermistor is constant then when we increase or decrease the value of R1 so will the value of the voltage passing through the tranistor will change. so if we want to make the lamp switch on at a different temperature we change the value of R1 because if the heat is falling on the thermistor and thus its resistance decreasing then if the base voltage is enough to switch on the transistor it will light however decreasing the value of the resistor R1 will cause the voltage flowing through the transistor to be too less to switch it on (this is if we want to make the temperature at which the lamp lights more; just explain the opposite thing if u want the temperature at which the transistor lights lower than it is and also u dnt need to expalin all this, ive done this to help u understand it and if u want a shortened version ill be happy to help). therefore in short the temperature at which the lamp lights can be changed by changing the value of R1. (the lamp lights when the base voltage becomes enough for the lamp to switch on)
divine intervention!