Author Topic: Girlfriend and Boyfriend relationships  (Read 47013 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: Girlfriend and Boyfriend relationships
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2011, 08:00:06 pm »
Even within a strict family it's possible!

You never know when you'll get struck with Cupid's arrow?  ::)

Of course you need to know the person's character and personality before marrying him.

P.S : I know ;D And that angers Mony :P

Trust me, not in mine. ::)

My entire family is really strict but alhamdullah my parents are comparatively open-minded! :D

I hope so I get to! :P

Lol ! :P
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »
Trust me, not in mine. ::)

My entire family is really strict but alhamdullah my parents are comparatively open-minded! :D

I hope so I get to! :P

Lol ! :P
LOL, my mom always says that in older times people used to get married without seeing each other and yet they used to live a happy life but then I say that people in that time werent that mean and selfish but in this era lies and fakeness is all very common  ::)
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2011, 08:30:09 pm »
LOL, my mom always says that in older times people used to get married without seeing each other and yet they used to live a happy life but then I say that people in that time werent that mean and selfish but in this era lies and fakeness is all very common  ::)

Haha! I know. . . The typical arrange marriage era. ::)

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2011, 08:49:23 pm »
I don't like these relationships, and i don't have enough time.
They all end the same way, and there is always someone who is not happy about it.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »
Well Said ^
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:58 pm »
I don't like these relationships, and i don't have enough time.
They all end the same way, and there is always someone who is not happy about it.
You feel the same way about marriage?
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:08 pm »
I believe in love after marriage. I am perfectly fine with not having 'dated' my fiance before marriage; if I have a confirmation about a few things that matter to me, I don't care to meet him or talk to him before marriage. It's okay if I know someone before marriage when they propose to me, but it's not important. I would want though that the proposal is accepted by the boy and he doesn't just 'let' his parents make the decision. That's all ^^ And don't get me wrong, I don't say this because this is how it's done in my society, or my family won't let me hang out with boys, or whatever. Been there, done that; found this to the smart religious analogy most of us find orthodox but I think it's a wise tenet of faith.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline NotAbod

• Wikipedia Contributor
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2011, 10:30:35 pm »
You feel the same way about marriage?
Nah, Just talking about Boyfriend, and girlfriend relationships. I don't consider them as relationships to be honest.

Offline Nikita Eshrat

• SF Citizen
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2011, 01:51:51 am »
girlfriends and boyfreinds are such a waste of time especially wen ur in high school. i mean wats da point of having an affair wid one guy wen u kno u r gonna end up getting married wid another altho this isnt always da case but deres alwys a 50-50 risk of da relationship not working out. so why risk it?
and esp in islamic society where the girls purity(if she had previuos relationships or not) is so important at da time of marriage..!
i hate da american culture of dating... where u hav to go through so many guys/girls b4 u find da "right one"...wat pple fail to notice is  dat on the process of finding this so-called right one..they are actually getting USED( if u kno wat i mean!)
lastly, MAY ALLAH PROTECT ALL OF US FROM THINGS THAT ARE AGAINST OUR RELIGION..AMEEN!
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains .And we never even know we have the key!
And most importantly, i shall also not be conquered :D !

***exam***

« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2011, 10:41:16 am »

You should love for others things which you love for yourself!

i didnt get you there !  :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »
I believe in love after marriage. I am perfectly fine with not having 'dated' my fiance before marriage; if I have a confirmation about a few things that matter to me, I don't care to meet him or talk to him before marriage. It's okay if I know someone before marriage when they propose to me, but it's not important. I would want though that the proposal is accepted by the boy and he doesn't just 'let' his parents make the decision. That's all ^^ And don't get me wrong, I don't say this because this is how it's done in my society, or my family won't let me hang out with boys, or whatever. Been there, done that; found this to the smart religious analogy most of us find orthodox but I think it's a wise tenet of faith.

I really like your point of view Chingoo :D

If only every girl though like you ;)

girlfriends and boyfreinds are such a waste of time especially wen ur in high school. i mean wats the point of having an affair wid one guy wen u kno u r gonna end up getting married wid another altho this isnt always the case but deres alwys a 50-50 risk of the relationship not working out. so why risk it?
and esp in islamic society where the girls purity(if she had previuos relationships or not) is so important at the time of marriage..!
i hate the american culture of dating... where u hav to go through so many guys/girls b4 u find the "right one"...wat pple fail to notice is  dat on the process of finding this so-called right one..they are actually getting USED( if u kno wat i mean!)
lastly, MAY ALLAH PROTECT ALL OF US FROM THINGS THAT ARE AGAINST OUR RELIGION..AMEEN!

Ameen :)

Very good opinion ;)

i didnt get you there !  :-\ :-\ :-\

If you yourself does not want to experience such things, then you cannot say that you are fine with it ;)

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2011, 06:46:43 am »
cant really remember my opinion when i initially posted here, but yea here what i think of such relationships now
it depends on what you want out of such relationships
Theres one type of relationships, the most popular one in highschool and pre-U and to some extent also in uni, back home we call it Masik Zaman, or Holding Time, basically both parties are fully convinced that they are entering a relationship that is bound to end with a break up (and not marriage), where basically both parties just need someone to care for them or they want to take care of someone.
Such relationships are fun and nice and whatnot, but it tells a lot about how weak you are

Another type is friends with benefit. Basically no emotions, just boom boom. Makes me lose faith in humanity when i think of those.

A third type, and this i would like anyone to oppose, is when seeing someone of the opposite sex as a potential life partner, you get to know him, slowly fall in love with, spontaneously enter a relationship, and as time passes by it gets more and more serious and eventually sees a proposal and a marriage.

While I mainly avoid judging people based on their relationships, the first two types of relationships i find demeaning to the partner, and it always will somehow end up becoming a phantom that will chase you throughout your life
third type is one i viciously agree with, but people need to keep in mind things such as religious backgrounds before allowing themselves into entering one,those who do not, then i see they lie to themselves, and i will actually categorize such relationships as belonging to the first category rather than the third.
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

***exam***

« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2011, 03:19:35 pm »

If you yourself does not want to experience such things, then you cannot say that you are fine with it ;)

by my earlier statement i mean i am not against relationships  and dont dislike anyone  who is into it ! but at the same time i know that all the so called love which they mention the root behind it is fake !!  and i do call fake stuff ! fake   :)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2011, 07:28:54 pm »
Something has been troubling my mind lately.

My Cousin ,his mom is my Auntie and his dad is a Saudi. The other day I was talking to him and the topic of "Dating" came up and so I asked him whether he is dating a girl or not. I know that some of his best friends are girls that he usually tells them "I love you babe/I miss you babe". He comes from a Noble family so the idea of "Dating" is sort of a "Taboo" according to his family.

Anyways he said "Yes , I have a girlfriend" and then I asked him some Questions about her and he showed me her picture. What pissed me off really bad was when I asked him " What if your sister was dating a guy now , what would you do? ha?"..
he replied by saying " I'll beat the heel out of him , I won't even let her date a guy in the first place  >:("..
I told him : " Well , then why can YOU date while she CAN'T"
He replied by saying : " She is my responsibility , her reputation is my responsibility too"
I replied : " You think your reputation won't be ruined for going with girls"
he said : " No , because I'm a guy"

I was really pissed because if a guy who dated girls and stuff like that proposed to his sister ,I am sure she'll reject him without hesitation.

It breaks my heart when I know such ruthless boys exist.

Now how the hell can I "OPEN HIS EYES" and let him realize what he's doing is wrong.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2011, 07:38:24 pm »
Something has been troubling my mind lately.

My Cousin ,his mom is my Auntie and his dad is a Saudi. The other day I was talking to him and the topic of "Dating" came up and so I asked him whether he is dating a girl or not. I know that some of his best friends are girls that he usually tells them "I love you babe/I miss you babe". He comes from a Noble family so the idea of "Dating" is sort of a "Taboo" according to his family.

Anyways he said "Yes , I have a girlfriend" and then I asked him some Questions about her and he showed me her picture. What pissed me off really bad was when I asked him " What if your sister was dating a guy now , what would you do? ha?"..
he replied by saying " I'll beat the heel out of him , I won't even let her date a guy in the first place  >:("..
I told him : " Well , then why can YOU date while she CAN'T"
He replied by saying : " She is my responsibility , her reputation is my responsibility too"
I replied : " You think your reputation won't be ruined for going with girls"
he said : " No , because I'm a guy"

I was really pissed because if a guy who dated girls and stuff like that proposed to his sister ,I am sure she'll reject him without hesitation.

It breaks my heart when I know such ruthless boys exist.

Now how the hell can I "OPEN HIS EYES" and let him realize what he's doing is wrong.

I know such guys who like having girl friends but if their sisters do, they would kill them.
It is just sad.
Well, mainly it's all how he is brought up.
In my family, if guys have girl friends it's fine and if I talk to a guy then they all freak out. =,=

Anyways, to be honest. . . I really dunno what can be done if he is not ready to accept that what he is doing is wrong.
The change must be from his side. He has to realize what he is doing is completely wrong.
Having friends who are girls is fine as long as our intentions is clean.

You can try talking to him to advice him from yer side as much as possible.

Sorry I cannot be of much help! :-[

Good luck! (: