Author Topic: Practicals- CIE ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics)  (Read 2160 times)

Offline ~Mimi~

• SF Citizen
Practicals- CIE ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:14:48 pm »
I have a question. Like you know the teaching practical skills booklets respectively. There is Appendix 1 and 2. Appendix 1 contains brief outline of practicals and 2 contains some of the practicals in detail.

Now, I know some of the practicals are never asked, but are we meant to finish doing all of the experiments in appendix 1? Just like the theory syllabi??

Also, others doing the practical for these syllabi, how has the preparation been carried out at your school?

Please reply people ::)

Offline melony

• SF Immigrant
  • i got fruit by that foot in mah fruit rollup <3
Re: Practicals- CIE ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:29:08 pm »
sory ~~Muslimah93~~  i do not hav the answer to your question
however i would like to ask whether any1 on this forum has any helpful hints and tips for the physics practicals as i am not very good nor used to them
if so please could you post or let me know.. yu can contact me at nicoleperkins93@hotmail.com
xOx

Offline ~Mimi~

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »
oh.hi melony! its k.hopefully, sum1 will answer ...lol!

About help. u doing cie? neeed help with p3 or p5. There are the pastpapers, practical assessment section in the syllabuses, and the teaching AS/A2 Practical skills booklets for respective subjects. You can read through those. Aside from that, on the website   www.cambridgestudets.org.uk. They have some examiner tips.

Other than that, just keep your calm, I guess. VERY IMPORTANT :o and get used to doing the basic stuff like manipulating apparatus,etc. Ooh, and the mark schemes and examiner reports help a lot.

I guess reading practical boooks might make u more comfortable with the subject too.

Hope we all pass with flying colors! :D

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• Don't use profanity, it makes you seem uneducated.
  • SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 06:17:48 pm »
oh.hi melony! its k.hopefully, sum1 will answer ...lol!

About help. u doing cie? neeed help with p3 or p5. There are the pastpapers, practical assessment section in the syllabuses, and the teaching AS/A2 Practical skills booklets for respective subjects. You can read through those. Aside from that, on the website   www.cambridgestudets.org.uk. They have some examiner tips.

Other than that, just keep your calm, I guess. VERY IMPORTANT :o and get used to doing the basic stuff like manipulating apparatus,etc. Ooh, and the mark schemes and examiner reports help a lot.

I guess reading practical boooks might make u more comfortable with the subject too.

Hope we all pass with flying colors! :D

www.cambridgestudents.org.uk *

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 06:32:17 pm »
sory ~~Muslimah93~~  i do not hav the answer to your question
however i would like to ask whether any1 on this forum has any helpful hints and tips for the physics practicals as i am not very good nor used to them
if so please could you post or let me know.. yu can contact me at nicoleperkins93@hotmail.com

Check the forums, I think Nid posted a link or something..

Also, check:
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.php?dir=International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/&file=9702_nos_as_1.pdf
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.php?dir=International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/&file=9702_nos_as_2.pdf
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.php?dir=International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/&file=9702_nos_as_3.pdf
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.php?dir=International%20A%20And%20AS%20Level/9702%20-%20Physics/&file=9702_nos_as_4.pdf

Hope it helps.

Offline melony

• SF Immigrant
  • i got fruit by that foot in mah fruit rollup <3
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:01:39 pm »
hey again!..
thanks a lot guys
xx
xOx

Offline MaNi_DaDuDe

• SF Farseer
  • uh, ef you?
    • Team siCk
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »
hey again!..
thanks a lot guys
xx

hey, not a problem. ;)

gl