Author Topic: Denmark Cartoonist, was he right or wrong?  (Read 12235 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Denmark Cartoonist, was he right or wrong?
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 04:00:36 pm »
catch 22 situation th*n for muslims.?
we protest and ban danish productions,we are bad
we dont do anything ,they would think we have soften up a bit and might resort to levels Christianity suffers every second in Atheist dominated california and miami.
what should we do?

I don't mean to say that we don't do anything. We should ofc, arrange protests in Denmark and all over the world, even in social networking websites like FB. This should be enough to ensure they don't "think we've softened up a bit".

But avoiding their products and banning Danish products is not ethical. Exports will probably be affected too if the Danish retaliate.

Offline Meticulous

• SF Master
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:56 pm »
I still can not believe this topic is still rolling. He insulted the purest soul that ever stepped on Earth, Muhammad (PBUH).

And when you look at what Muslims did, they attacked him, but they did NOT attack his religion, because we respect all religions no matter what their basis are.

Freaked12

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 04:06:30 pm »
I don't mean to say that we don't do anything. We should ofc, arrange protests in Denmark and all over the world, even in social networking websites like FB. This should be enough to ensure they don't "think we've softened up a bit".

But avoiding their products and banning Danish products is not ethical. Exports will probably be affected too if the Danish retaliate.

It would have been worthless had it been Germany or other countries where tax to GDP ratio is high or where the relative strength of national economy is strong like France or switzerland but considering the geographical size of Denmark,the population size,the dependency ratio and dependency on exports,it would be reasonable to suggest the Ban was 91 percent effective ;).

Freaked12

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 04:08:44 pm »

There was no issue of ethics here i guess.
When they put you in jail for inciting anti semetism(spelling?)  but not for provoking Muslims,what does that tell ya?

Ban of Danish products has sent a very deep message *Dont mess with us*

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 04:32:35 pm »
Ban of Danish products has sent a very deep message *Dont mess with us*

Well, I must admit, when many muslim countries avoided Danish products, it did send them the message: *Dont mess with us*. They were invariably affected.

But, it also did damage the reputation of Muslims. When muslims around the world are charged with 'terrorism', and being 'aggressive', I don't think avoiding Danish products was a good policy.

Freaked12

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 04:42:12 pm »
Well, I must admit, when many muslim countries avoided Danish products, it did send them the message: *Dont mess with us*. They were invariably affected.

But, it also did damage the reputation of Muslims. When muslims around the world are charged with 'terrorism', and being 'aggressive', I don't think avoiding Danish products was a good policy.

why should we care when someone calls us terrorist or aggressive as you say.
I admit Muslim world is in a deep crisis and are having a severe loss of identity .You shun western values,money stops flowing into ure country and if you do not muslim conservatives attack you for betraying religion.There's no possible solution for this.
In a world like this where western values and islamic values ,which are so in contrast to each other, have to come to face to face because of globalisation,you will face situations like this.
But that does not mean you forget the values on which your civilization is based upon

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2010, 05:43:39 am »
why should we care when someone calls us terrorist or aggressive as you say.
I admit Muslim world is in a deep crisis and are having a severe loss of identity .You shun western values,money stops flowing into ure country and if you do not muslim conservatives attack you for betraying religion.There's no possible solution for this.
In a world like this where western values and islamic values ,which are so in contrast to each other, have to come to face to face because of globalisation,you will face situations like this.
But that does not mean you forget the values on which your civilization is based upon

We should be concerned about our reputation. After all, this presents us on an international level. Boycotting danish products for printing funny cartoons about Mohammad (PBUH) is something which damages our reputation on an international level.