Author Topic: CIE physics paper 2  (Read 11225 times)

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
  • You are who you choose to become
Re: CIE physics paper 2
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2009, 02:24:20 pm »
I remembered that in a past exam they had asked the amplitude on a part of the wave which was in the 'negative zone' and they had answered it as negative amplitude. I think the question was asking the displacement of that particle at that instant, and considering displacement is a vector quantity it was necessary to give the it as negative amplitude. I'm not 100% certain but i'm pretty sure that's what you have to do.

Plus I don't really want to think too much into the physics paper, what's done is done. I still got my Chemistry to go  :(. Lucky you tyserius you've finished :).

Haha yes yes I'm a lucky man. :D But in this case it's amplitude, I think it's just A. Bah who cares, it's already over xD Err I did the variant where the wave question had like L and the points are like 1/8L from respective ends.
Take it easy and go slow and steady.

Offline highly_ambitious

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2009, 02:52:39 pm »
Hey, Tyserius even i did the same variant which u are talking about

Haha yes yes I'm a lucky man.  But in this case it's amplitude, I think it's just A. Bah who cares, it's already over xD Err I did the variant where the wave question had like L and the points are like 1/8L from respective ends.

what was the frequency and phase difference for that question? I wrote 'f' for frequency and 45 deg. for phase diff. Is it correct?

Offline AndrewCedric

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2009, 03:33:46 pm »
Yea.. its f for the frequency.. But not sure for the phase. I wrote 180 degrees which is supposed to be the correct one. No 45 is wrong. The possible options are 180 / 270 degrees. Of course only 1 answer is correct. Not sure which one it is.

Offline efafa

« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:15 pm »
Hey, Tyserius even i did the same variant which u are talking about

Haha yes yes I'm a lucky man.  But in this case it's amplitude, I think it's just A. Bah who cares, it's already over xD Err I did the variant where the wave question had like L and the points are like 1/8L from respective ends.

what was the frequency and phase difference for that question? I wrote 'f' for frequency and 45 deg. for phase diff. Is it correct?
frequency was f and phase difference  i think was 1/2pi.

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2009, 05:19:21 pm »
Yea.. its f for the frequency.. But not sure for the phase. I wrote 180 degrees which is supposed to be the correct one. No 45 is wrong. The possible options are 180 / 270 degrees. Of course only 1 answer is correct. Not sure which one it is.

The answer is 1.5\pi / 270 degrees lol that's because you use the distance between the points / wavelength multiplied by 2\pi

Offline AndrewCedric

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2009, 03:21:28 pm »
Oh well.. who cares .. only 1 mark.. Still an A tho''..hahahahah :) :) :)

Offline lonelyboy

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2009, 04:43:04 pm »
The answer is 1.5\pi / 270 degrees lol that's because you use the distance between the points / wavelength multiplied by 2\pi

Hi Tyserius,

You seem really smart  :D

What was the answer to what could be deduced about the formation of the stationary waves by the speed or something?

It was in the same question.

Thanks mate, cheers.

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2009, 07:02:05 am »
Hi Tyserius,

You seem really smart  :D

What was the answer to what could be deduced about the formation of the stationary waves by the speed or something?

It was in the same question.

Thanks mate, cheers.

Lol, I'm not that. Well, the answer is :

A wave is incident from the oscillator and travels towards the other end P and then reflected back towards the oscillator. The oscillator would also be causing more waves. As the two waves travel in opposite directions, they happen to experience superposition and form a stationary wave. The speed calculated is the speed of the incident wave or the reflected wave.

Offline lonelyboy

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »
Lol, I'm not that. Well, the answer is :

A wave is incident from the oscillator and travels towards the other end P and then reflected back towards the oscillator. The oscillator would also be causing more waves. As the two waves travel in opposite directions, they happen to experience superposition and form a stationary wave. The speed calculated is the speed of the incident wave or the reflected wave.

Thanks mate  ;)

Offline ilmarien

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:55 am »
Dang. I wish I didn't re-take Physics. I was trying to get a higher score and I think I'll end up with a far lower one and I've wasted a few poundsterling for it.

Offline falafail

• SF Master
  • ab3'a 7asheesh
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2009, 12:14:36 pm »
Dang. I wish I didn't re-take Physics. I was trying to get a higher score and I think I'll end up with a far lower one and I've wasted a few poundsterling for it.

me too. :-\

Offline Tyserius

• Actuary Wannabe
  • SF Geek
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2009, 07:00:44 pm »
Lol, what's done is done xD