Author Topic: About candidate number  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Roberto

About candidate number
« on: November 13, 2009, 04:25:03 pm »
I know there's a topic similiar to this about candidate number but my case is a bit different.
In my igcse Physics paper 1 answer grid my candidate name, my school, my centre number and my actual name were all printed out for me.  All I did was sign the paper.  But at the end of the exam one of the teachers said we should also shade in the candidate number grid, those who have taken paper 1 probably know what grid im talking about, its right below your candidate number.
The problem is I think I've shaded my candidate number wrongly.  I may have shaded one of the numbers in the wrong column or shaded the wrong candidate number.
Does anyone know if this is a major issue?  My correct candidate number was already on the page though.  Its just because since the exam is to be made in pencil I fear that when they scan our paper they'll scan my wrong candidate number and I won't get a grade for it.  Or should I not worry so much?  I later found out that we didn't even have to shade in the candidate number grid if our candidate number was already printed out but I would like to know if anyone knows if this is a major problem or not.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:27:41 pm by Roberto »

Offline The_Last_Dragon

Re: About candidate number
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 04:39:38 pm »
wow, that's an interesting case

i'm also not aware on what will happen, if you did it wrong, i'm sure that one of the mods such as astro knows!

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
  • NZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZ
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 10:09:45 pm »
nah man i don't think anything happens ay?
if you read the top left hand corner, it says:
"if your name is not already printed here, write in your name and fill out the candidate number grid"
><
I swear exams are going to be the end of me someday

Offline Roberto

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 11:46:59 pm »
Yeah, that's what I thought but the teacher told us to shade in our candidate number in that grid and I think I may have made a mistake, put the number on the wrong column etc.  I'm nervous and maybe I've made no mistake but I guess when they get my multiple choice paper they'll see all the printed out information and if I've made mistake while shading my candidate number they'll probably notice it. 

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:59:43 am »
Yeah, that's what I thought but the teacher told us to shade in our candidate number in that grid and I think I may have made a mistake, put the number on the wrong column etc.  I'm nervous and maybe I've made no mistake but I guess when they get my multiple choice paper they'll see all the printed out information and if I've made mistake while shading my candidate number they'll probably notice it. 

lol same with our teachers
but its not like u wont get marks
its already got the number printed as you already said ^^

Offline Trinion

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 04:17:44 am »
Same thing happened to me
I was doing my AS Bio paper 1, and then I thought I didn't have to shade it because it was printed =/
Then in physics the invigilator told me to fill it in and I was like , lulzwut?

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:24:41 am »
for me during IGs
they told us to write our calculator numbers on top of each paper ???

and some of them bought 991MS and wrote 82MS                 looooooool

and i know someone else, doing igs, where there were only 4 students in the centre, and they were allowed to bring mobiles into the hall
also it was not compulsory to keep on silent, if it rings, u can cut the call, say sorry and continue the paper

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 11:49:17 am »
what the..?
lolol i like dat centre- its so relaxed and carefree :D:D

Offline heemvi

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:42:50 pm »
about the shading of the candidate num...
in my school for physics ppr,almst all the studnts didnt do so...
n in the end after the xms wen we tlkd 2 the supervisor he said its fyn...cz its olrdy printd on the sheet

Q80BOY

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 12:57:58 pm »
i remember last session i shaded my number even though it was pinted .. we were asked to do so .. my advice will be email CIE and ask for their asistance .. too bad if u dont get any marks for paper 1 .. its a major part of ur grade :)

Offline Roberto

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 01:41:43 pm »
I'm not even sure if I did actually make the mistake, I'll go to talk with my exam's coordinator even though and if I have made a mistake I'm sure they'll notice it.  I have a friend who put his wrong candidate number in one of the exam he said that cambridge only sends a letter to your school telling the candidates to be more careful.  In my case the candidate number is printed on the test.  But does anyone know how they correct these multiple-choice exams, I mean how do they put in your candidate information, is it some kind of scanner or is it the examiner himself?

Offline dnacid

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 02:05:21 pm »
I know it is a little bit off topic, but on phy paper 1 where it said "if your name, centre nº and candidate nº are correct please sign here" (or something like that) I signed with pen rather than with pencil (I know the paper said write your answers in pencil, but my signature is not an answer...).... so, is this a problem??

I know I shouldn't be freaking out about this, but I can't seem to get it out of my head  ;D

thx!

Offline Roberto

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 02:15:01 pm »
It's not a problem, in my Biology paper 1 I signed in pen and my exams coordinator said that was fine.  However in the physics paper 1 i signed in pencil.

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 02:45:57 pm »
and i know someone else, doing igs, where there were only 4 students in the centre, and they were allowed to bring mobiles into the hall
also it was not compulsory to keep on silent, if it rings, u can cut the call, say sorry and continue the paper

this someone used to be a moderator over here.
now he does not use the forum anymore, because i think he has no acess to the net.

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 09:56:09 pm »
I'm not even sure if I did actually make the mistake, I'll go to talk with my exam's coordinator even though and if I have made a mistake I'm sure they'll notice it.  I have a friend who put his wrong candidate number in one of the exam he said that cambridge only sends a letter to your school telling the candidates to be more careful.  In my case the candidate number is printed on the test.  But does anyone know how they correct these multiple-choice exams, I mean how do they put in your candidate information, is it some kind of scanner or is it the examiner himself?

they put it thru a scanner, its why we do the paper in pencil
otherwise the shading of the pen wuldn't be processed by the computer