Author Topic: Is it just me, or....  (Read 1209 times)

Offline josephwhite

Is it just me, or....
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:47:06 pm »
anybody agree that the May June 2009 papers for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths are really easier than previous years??

Can I predict that this Oct session will less tougher than past years as well???

merci beaocoup.

Q80BOY

Re: Is it just me, or....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:50:10 pm »
i wont say they were easier .. they were different tho ..

in my opinion .. u dont want to predict anything with CIE examiners .. one day theyre all gd and easy going .. another they give u harsh weird papers (like the bio p3 .. i think the examiner there was an ex. business examiner or something :P)

nid404

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:58:01 pm »
they seem pretty easy but different format and thus confusing for the students...
And the format changed this year, so it was new for us....now since the november batch is aware of the change, i dunno about hoe lenient the CIE examiners would be

Offline slvri

• SF Master
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:08:07 pm »
cie ppl turn into evil scientists in nov and then go back to normal in june :P :P :P
i hate A level...........

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:35 pm »
Precisely, i took the exam and it was not the Qs, it was the format, like in Bio, they were big 5 mark Qs and 6 marks Qs, where previouslt they were broken up. Thus many of the students were not comfy with the way the exam was written.

Monica

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 04:55:31 am »
You could never "Predict" anything from them!

Its always like " :o" to u...lol...

But U end up getting good grades..because the curve is always low.  :D

U still have to study anyway..dont be easy on yourself...

Bonne chance =)

Offline josephwhite

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 07:29:24 am »
cie ppl turn into evil scientists in nov and then go back to normal in june Tongue Tongue Tongue

whoa...unlucky me, then..... :'( O Ye compassionate examiners..please have pity on me.....

in Bio, they were big 5 mark Qs and 6 marks Qs

oui, that was the troublesome one...the "stomata closing" thingie, wasn't it? elaborated the "notes" in my brain 1st to answer those questions...until I ended up peeping my textbook lol..it's pure memorizing and not analytical question :p

U still have to study anyway..dont be easy on yourself...

I agree with you :) :)

any advice of how to study since less than two months to go ? I plan to spend my eid holiday drilling the A2 papers for Phy Chem and Bio, and the Pure Math 3...

Monica

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 04:25:35 am »
If u have "notes" revise them...and then do lots of pastpapers..so that in the Exam Night u shall just flip through the pastpapers reading the questions and answers..

Give urself some rest in "EID" It comes once a year..so Enjoy it and then get into work after that..lol..

Tout le meilleur pour vos examens (All the best for your exams  :P)

:D