Author Topic: IB mathematical studies vs. Maths SL  (Read 1594 times)

Offline devilsadv

IB mathematical studies vs. Maths SL
« on: September 12, 2009, 07:05:58 am »
Hi i want to do economics and history in college in the USA and was wondering whether i should take maths studies or maths SL? I was assuming that if i had missed something by taking Math studies i would be able to cover it in university however some ppl are saying that top universities wont even accept me if i havent done maths SL at the very minimum into their economics program. If any1 has any experience about this please help.

nid404

Re: IB mathematical studies vs. Maths SL
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 07:08:13 am »
I'll ask my frnds who are doing IB...let you know soon

Offline IGSTUDENT

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:41:49 am »
I understand that for Economics most unis ask for Maths SL.

nid404

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 02:32:50 pm »
Most of my friends in the commerece section are taking Maths Studies(cause they say it's more beneficial)...ones planning to do engineering have taken math HL

Offline akshat29

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:35:13 pm »
u should take maths sl

Offline panamera

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 03:49:53 pm »
I'm in the second year of IB and this is what I'm gonna tell u. I'm attending math studies and I am very happy with that decision. Math SL is much much more difficult than studies, I know that because I see what my friends on SL do, and how their test and homeworks are much more difficult. My teacher says that it doesn't really matter which math u choose, math is math. If ur going to do something in engineering then u should choose SL math. But for other studies it is the best to choose studies, because then u have more time for other, harder, subjects, and u have a better chance to have more points on the final exams.