Author Topic: Arts n Design  (Read 8120 times)

Offline sameer210394

• SF Citizen
Arts n Design
« on: June 19, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »
I'm goin to apear for the Arts n Design paper in 2010, so plzz can any body guide me for how this paper is taken, and what all material should be used for the examination, and also what all should i be knowing before i go for the exams....

guys,, plzz help me .....  

~RE5PECT~
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers

nid404

Re: Arts n Design
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:07:10 pm »
I'm goin to apear for the Arts n Design paper in 2010, so plzz can any body guide me for how this paper is taken, and what all material should be used for the examination, and also what all should i be knowing before i go for the exams....

~RE5PECT~

guys in my school have told me its really tough. Those giving it know more. I'll ask them and let u know. And they told me it's a 16hr paper. Is it true????

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:09:11 pm »
Art is a 16 hour paper. I think it is just throwing paint about. When your pots are empty, you go home.

nid404

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:15:48 pm »
Art is a 16 hour paper. I think it is just throwing paint about. When your pots are empty, you go home.

lolzz...but ain't 16hrs just too much.

My friends showed me their drawings(which were really good)but their art teacher said that it would only fetch an E. How demeaning!!

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:20:09 pm »
Right an art exam should depend on coursework. Every piece of art takes so long and frankly I wouldnt have the patience.

nid404

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:23:19 pm »
 I totally s at art.

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 08:07:03 am »
lol...!!!!!
hahahahha
divine intervention!

nid404

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 05:19:12 pm »

~RE5PECT~

adi told me ur givin art in nov and that u just took it up...i suggest u do art for alevels and leave it for now cuz it's not simple...even in the igs.
concentrate more on ur other subjects than suddenly taking up art and playing with paints.(although ur good..i saw some of ur drawings). My friends draw equally well but the teacher asks them to work harder and slog and slog and slog...seriously

Offline Ghost Of Highbury

• O_o_O lala!
  • SF Farseer
  • Namaskaram!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 03:51:31 am »
he is currently planning to take the exam during may/june..
but still as everyone adviced ... there aint much time..
divine intervention!

Offline Summer :]

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 01:05:50 pm »
I didn't take Art and Design for my IGCSE's but i know from my friends that the exam is for long hours! What do you need? well obviously your tools for drawing and all of that, the teacher would tell you depending on what you've worked on throughout those two years.
@ nid404, Lol the same thing here! our Art teacher never seems satisifed with any of her art students i don't why, although i find them very great  :-\

zara

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 01:11:00 pm »
I didn't take Art and Design for my IGCSE's but i know from my friends that the exam is for long hours! What do you need? well obviously your tools for drawing and all of that, the teacher would tell you depending on what you've worked on throughout those two years.
@ nid404, Lol the same thing here! our Art teacher never seems satisifed with any of her art students i don't why, although i find them very great  :-\
nt art n design but i hv taken design n technology.....buh i guess its less hectic than art...our skool hv del Art n Design.....sighs....

n theyr nt satisfied bcz there r thousands of candidates appearing for it n u must keep in mind dat there r mny super fantastic painters around the world......theres no winner in such a race!! so hmm...well teachers want mor frm their students so dat they outshine!! :)

Offline Summer :]

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 11:11:52 am »
nt art n design but i hv taken design n technology.....buh i guess its less hectic than art...our skool hv del Art n Design.....sighs....

n theyr nt satisfied bcz there r thousands of candidates appearing for it n u must keep in mind dat there r mny super fantastic painters around the world......theres no winner in such a race!! so hmm...well teachers want mor frm their students so dat they outshine!! :)

Right  :P i agree..Design and technology is more fun than Art though, did you guys take food technology or not?

Offline ~~~~shreyapril~~~~

• SF Master
  • "Prototype"
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 03:53:27 pm »

~RE5PECT~
Did skool allow u to take the exams.....
I think till i know know they did not..
Am i Right???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:14:03 pm by shreyapril »
Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling that it gives :D :P :)

Offline pisecs

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 02:04:00 pm »
i just took it~~~
the art & design exam has 2 papers, one's fashion design and the other one's observational studies
there're many topics to choose from
in the fashion design one, there's always fashion design(like clothing), book covers, logo and etc
and in the observational one, there are different topics every year~~

each exam i think is about 10 or 15hours? i dont really remember exactly~ but trust me, it's not much~
you're gonna need all those time cuz you've got to research, make plans, drafts and they're all gonna count

well~ i got a B! i was so shocked cuz i was so confident that i could get at least an A!!
here are my works:
this is the fashion design, i chose the logo design and this is the final work on the tshirt
this is my final work on the observational study

Offline ~~~~shreyapril~~~~

• SF Master
  • "Prototype"
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 02:11:38 pm »
cool painting...
i think u shud have a look at thse of sameer's
they are also good.
atleast i like them.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling that it gives :D :P :)