Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46778 times)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2009, 01:45:29 pm »
guys can an1 of u explain me
m/j 2003
question 2b)ii)
Thanks

town A is dark coloured one.. count the total percentage of the dark coloured squares..  then look at the X axis to find the number of children with less than 5 teeth decayed.. so its 4 until 1.. then calculate the percentag

total numnber of tooth decayed less than 5 divided by total number of tooth decayed multiplied by 100%
awsm dude Thanks
cya tmrw gud luck  :)

welcome anytime.. cya tomoro..
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline Triple_A

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2009, 01:45:55 pm »
Eye(Receptor)---->Optic Nerve---->Brain(Relay Neurone)---->again to Optic Nerve via Motor Neurone---->Ciliary Muscle(Effector)
Hope this helped
IGCSE insists on clear plastic pencil case
So whats next?!!...............Clear Outfits O.o'
loOoOol

Offline monnie

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2009, 01:47:36 pm »
Hi how is biology with all of you
i have alot of questions considering i hate this subject so here they are please answer quickly
1. what the hell is conditioned reflexes?
2. what is the function of the midbrain?
3. can u tell me examples of continous and discontinous variations other than height and blood group?
4. what is the water cycle?i don't have it
5. what are the effects of deforestation?
6. what is biological control?
7. what is the function of companion cells?
8. what is negative and positive feedbacks, with examples please?and what is the difference between them?

i know they are alot but i realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hate this subject and i don't get anything and the exam is tomorow
so many thanks for any contribution

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
  • "A man becomes what he thinks"
« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2009, 01:49:51 pm »
guyz do u think in m/j 2009 dats tmrw will they ask us to choose two questions and answer em because i criously dunt like em =s

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2009, 01:56:30 pm »
i have alot of questions considering i hate this subject so here they are please answer quickly
3. can u tell me examples of continous and discontinous variations other than height and blood group?
8. what is negative and positive feedbacks, with examples please?and what is the difference between them?

i know they are alot but i realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hate this subject and i don't get anything and the exam is tomorow

woah woah... tats a long list u got there.. n dont hate the subject.. love it and it'l;l make sense... like how at first ppl dont make sense but when u fall in love with them it mkes sense.. lol okay enouhg beating around the bush here goes..

1. Conditioned reflexes are reflexes that you learn.. For example when you learn how to drive a car(i failed at this) your brain need to coordinate your hand on the stickshift, ur other hand on the steering wheel, one foot on the clutch and the other on the accellerator.. but after a while.. u get used to all this and ur brain and body is able to coordinate due to muscle memory..  It's like a baby learning how to walk.. once u get the hang of it all you dont even need to think twice about how where to keep ur hand on the steering wheel, when u need to put in the clutch (ugh manual testing -.-) and etc...

2. I've never studied or heard of the midbrain up till this point but i've done some digging up.. but its just basic information so here goes.. The midbrain is the smallest region of the brain that acts as a sort of relay station for auditory and visual information. It controls what we hear.. our pupilary mechanism and etc.. google it and find out more so that you can understand..

3. http://www.biologymad.com/resources/RevisionM5Ch2.pdf check this place out.. this should answer ur questions..

okay.. this is as far as i can go for now.. hop ehtis helps

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #410 on: June 07, 2009, 01:57:06 pm »
guyz do u think in m/j 2009 dats tmrw will they ask us to choose two questions and answer em because i criously dunt like em =s
that shte old syllabus they took that off since 2004 u dont need to worry about tat.. dont even bother answering that.. sum of it is AS level stuff

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #411 on: June 07, 2009, 02:01:29 pm »

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/biology/genes-and-genetics/variation.html another site for variation.. enjoy..

6.. effects of deforestation.. If u learn geo you'll know that deforestatin causese soil erosion.. the erosion of soil causes more of the earth to be washed away into the rivers causing a build up of mud.. can lead to landslides, flash floods, mud floods.. also it could cause a huge amount of pollution..

8.. i';ve never heard of positive feedback before.. but Negative feedback is what controls the AMOUNT of hormone secreted and WHEN they are secreted.. so controls the TIME of secretions and AMOUNT of seretion.. thats all of ur question i can answer.. take care n GUd luck for exams!

Offline Feva

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:55 pm »
If theres more than enough food for everyone in the world, why do so many die by starvation?
^ question in my text book and isnt answered..pfft someone answer :P

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2009, 02:04:31 pm »
If theres more than enough food for everyone in the world, why do so many die by starvation?
^ question in my text book and isnt answered..pfft someone answer :P

its because the food cant get to those places.. even though there's soo much food. getting them to places where they need it most is stioll a problem..

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2009, 02:06:39 pm »

k a companion cell is located in the pholem vessel....since the pholem cell only has cytoplasm  the companion cell provides the phloem cell with with all its ncessaries  :)

effects of deforestation....soil erosion because nw the soil is not anchord.....the percentage of CO2 in creses as no plnt to take CO2 n convert it into O2...this can lead to global wrmin whi ch will lead to the rise in sea level due to the meltin of the polar caps

continuos varition is body mass n discontionus is the ability to roll ur tongue

n by the conditiond reflexes do u mean the reflex arc???
aneways reflex arc wrks like this....first when u suppose touch a hot plate the receptor will pick it up n the messege will b ppsd on by the sensory nurone ....the dendrites of the sensory neurone picks it up passe it on to the cell body n then the axon picks it up to pass it on to teh relay neurone then agn the dendrites picks it up passes to the cell body of the relay neurone n the the axon takes it away form teh cell body n passes to the motor neurone where agn the dendrites pick it up passes on to the cell body n then axon take it to the effectos eg muscel which then contercts to mov ethe hand away....(any correction is welcomed)
hope this helps..ahh i am in lub wif this ;)

Offline Feva

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »
ah, thanks.

how long will u guys study?

i hope ill be done in 4-5 hours, if not 6.

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #416 on: June 07, 2009, 02:13:27 pm »
whole nite probably.. im pretty ill prepared at the moment..

Offline hdbkiwi

• SF Geek
« Reply #417 on: June 07, 2009, 02:13:48 pm »
Hey guys, I have a question:
For the O/N/07 Paper 3 Question 3.b.i), it asks where filtration occurs-whereabouts on the picture do I label? Thanks :)
Excuse me... have you seen my sanity... I think I lost it. ;)

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #418 on: June 07, 2009, 02:16:37 pm »
Hey guys, I have a question:
For the O/N/07 Paper 3 Question 3.b.i), it asks where filtration occurs-whereabouts on the picture do I label? Thanks :)
d u koe wher the glomerus is ???
the one dats is small n dark at the top
label it there  :)

Offline hdbkiwi

• SF Geek
« Reply #419 on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:28 pm »
glomerus??
Excuse me... have you seen my sanity... I think I lost it. ;)