Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46928 times)

Offline goin4dakill

• SF Citizen
Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #315 on: June 07, 2009, 08:32:27 am »
Thx alot Aodian and Nid!!! That was real good

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #316 on: June 07, 2009, 08:34:54 am »
i've seen the lymphatic system in 2002 but tat was the old syllabus.. they will usually show u a microvilli n ask u wat the lymph vessel there is for.. but usually it will be basic functions of the lymph system.. there's not much infor that we need to know at our level..

@camel.. lool u aint gonna fail.. just trust n believe that you've done all u cna. freaking out is gonna make u worst.. cheer up  ;) hope tat helps

The lymph vessel is there to diffuse all the fatty acids and glycerol..correct??
And my book sucks on the lymphatic system. Apart from what people wrote above..what else do I need to know?

The role of the lymphatic system..

1 to drain the tissue fluid back in to the blood
2 to defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes which relase antibodies to react with antigens (pathogens)
3 to transports lipids, glycerol and fat soluble vitamins, A,D, E and K from the lacteal (lymph capillary) of the villus back into the circulatory system
4 transport water, hormones, glucose, amino acids, minerals and heat in the interstitial fluid (tissue fluid)
5 transport waste products such as CO2, and nitrogenous compounds from the tissue fluid in the lymphatic system

pretty much its like a whole new blood system but only for the tissue fluid.. you might also need to know where the lymphatic system is and etc.. the make up n all but these are the usual questions they ask like wat is the rold of the lymphatic system.. hope tat helps..
and again if anyone finds an error in my post ur welcomed to correct it :)
gud luck!

exactly where is the lymphatic system locatd ???
Thanks in advance

lol sorry about that.. its located all around the body.. its a system in itselt.. like there's the blood circulatory system.. the lymphatic system is pretty much similar to the blood circulatory system only its for draining tissue fluid and providing the essential nutrients such as O2 n Glucose to the tissue fluid and draining away all the waste such as C02 n etc.. the lacteals are located in the villus in the small intestines.. but pretty much they are everywhere near the body cells.. just like the blood circulatory system..
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
  • "A man becomes what he thinks"
« Reply #317 on: June 07, 2009, 08:39:15 am »
i've seen the lymphatic system in 2002 but tat was the old syllabus.. they will usually show u a microvilli n ask u wat the lymph vessel there is for.. but usually it will be basic functions of the lymph system.. there's not much infor that we need to know at our level..

@camel.. lool u aint gonna fail.. just trust n believe that you've done all u cna. freaking out is gonna make u worst.. cheer up  ;) hope tat helps

The lymph vessel is there to diffuse all the fatty acids and glycerol..correct??
And my book sucks on the lymphatic system. Apart from what people wrote above..what else do I need to know?

The role of the lymphatic system..

1 to drain the tissue fluid back in to the blood
2 to defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes which relase antibodies to react with antigens (pathogens)
3 to transports lipids, glycerol and fat soluble vitamins, A,D, E and K from the lacteal (lymph capillary) of the villus back into the circulatory system
4 transport water, hormones, glucose, amino acids, minerals and heat in the interstitial fluid (tissue fluid)
5 transport waste products such as CO2, and nitrogenous compounds from the tissue fluid in the lymphatic system

pretty much its like a whole new blood system but only for the tissue fluid.. you might also need to know where the lymphatic system is and etc.. the make up n all but these are the usual questions they ask like wat is the rold of the lymphatic system.. hope tat helps..
and again if anyone finds an error in my post ur welcomed to correct it :)
gud luck!

exactly where is the lymphatic system locatd ???
Thanks in advance

lol sorry about that.. its located all around the body.. its a system in itselt.. like there's the blood circulatory system.. the lymphatic system is pretty much similar to the blood circulatory system only its for draining tissue fluid and providing the essential nutrients such as O2 n Glucose to the tissue fluid and draining away all the waste such as C02 n etc.. the lacteals are located in the villus in the small intestines.. but pretty much they are everywhere near the body cells.. just like the blood circulatory system..
AWSM Thanks

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2009, 08:53:11 am »
hey guys thx a lot fr d help amazing
can somone help me out wth kidney thing
i mean tht absoption then ultra filtration n al tht n wht is d job of phagocytes isnt it engulfing d bacteria n thts it na

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:47 am »
i mean tht absoption then ultra filtration n al tht n wht is d job of phagocytes isnt it engulfing d bacteria n thts it na

k first the kidney recievs the blood from aorta via renal artires....then it goes thru absorbtion n filteration where glucose r all absorbd but excess amino ascids some salts n minerls n some water is left behind in the kidney....the filterd blood is taken bak to teh body via renal vein (vena cava)
then the waste products is sent by the ureter to the bladder where urine is stored....l8r its excretd out thru urethra..

now there r two types of white blood cells phagocyte n lymphocyte
lymphocyte produces anibodies which fites against the bacteria whereas phagocyte engulfs teh bacteria
lymphocyets are produced in the lymphatic system
hope this helps
any coorection regardin these notes r welcomed  :)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:00 am »

Kidneys..

Ultrafiltration.

The blood enters the glomerulus from the Afferent arteriole and it leaves through the Efferent Arteriole. The blood pressure in the AFFERENT arteriole is HIGH because it comes from the AORTA(via renal artery). When it goes out through the EFFERENT arteries which have a smaller diameter compared to the AFFERENT arteriole.. A high resistance in blood flow is caused. This produces a high hydrostatic pressure in the glomerulus.. Pretty much like pushing hughe amounts of dough through a pasta maker.. (bad example  sry)

The high incoming pressure of blood in the glomerulus causes most of the constituents in the plasma to be FILTERED out of the glomerulus (through thin capillary walls with pores) into the cavity of the Bowman's Capsule..

Ultrafiltration is the process whereby all the constituents of blood plasma.. except RBS nad platelets and plasma proteins are filtered out under high pressure..

a lil long winded explanation but i hope it helps..

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #321 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:43 am »

k first the kidney recievs the blood from aorta via renal artires....then it goes thru absorbtion n filteration where glucose r all absorbd but excess amino ascids some salts n minerls n some water is left behind in the kidney....the filterd blood is taken bak to teh body via renal vein (vena cava)
then the waste products is sent by the ureter to the bladder where urine is stored....l8r its excretd out thru urethra..

now there r two types of white blood cells phagocyte n lymphocyte
lymphocyte produces anibodies which fites against the bacteria whereas phagocyte engulfs teh bacteria
lymphocyets are produced in the lymphatic system
hope this helps
any coorection regardin these notes r welcomed  :)
thx man...i gt it

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2009, 09:16:48 am »
hey guys thx fr d help gt 1 more q fr u all
suggest y we r aware of the blind spot when both eyes r open

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2009, 09:22:54 am »
cud u rephrase ur question i didnt reli get that..

Offline gonnagetana

« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2009, 09:25:41 am »
u know, i have a feeling this paper is gonna have a lot of stuff about plants, cuz in paper 6, there was hardly any.

Offline 247sports

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #325 on: June 07, 2009, 09:28:32 am »
i am not relli sure bout this but lemme giv it a shot
in trhe blind spot there r no rods or cones rite soo if the lite falls on this spot there r no receptor to take it to the optic nerve so  ven the lite falls on ppl cant see anythin
does it make any sense ???

Offline cool_dude

• SF Immigrant
  • don't worry..be happy
« Reply #326 on: June 07, 2009, 09:37:05 am »
does anyone know why the answer for nov02,ppr3, 2 a)i was motor neurone????

Offline unknown

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #327 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38:28 am »
cud u rephrase ur question i didnt reli get that..
srry d q is why we r nt aware of d blind spot when bth eyes r open
n ya 247 sports yr ans does make sum sense bcz i dnt knw nething abt this

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #328 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:28 am »
yes its a motor neuron..

Offline cool_dude

• SF Immigrant
  • don't worry..be happy
« Reply #329 on: June 07, 2009, 09:40:44 am »
yes its a motor neuron..

but motor neurone has body cell around it..?
what about sensory neurone?