Author Topic: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!  (Read 46732 times)

nid404

Re: Biology Paper 1 and 3 help HERE ONLY!!!
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2009, 06:46:34 pm »
what did you'll write for direction of water flow in the plant?? which letter?? the question where there were circles marked on the plant..
and what did you put for the function of the cilia?? traps bacteria or moves mucus??
And the question where the paper is blue in colour which turns pink when in gets in contact with water?? whch plant?? X or Y??..

the answer was A fir direction .....function of cilia was moving mucus....the  blue to pink was the plant X under the leaf...

A showed phloem.the water moves from xylem to stoma and out....so it was B(through stomata). pls delete the post if it is not 24 hrs yet

Offline camel

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2009, 06:48:33 pm »
what did you'll write for direction of water flow in the plant?? which letter?? the question where there were circles marked on the plant..
and what did you put for the function of the cilia?? traps bacteria or moves mucus??
And the question where the paper is blue in colour which turns pink when in gets in contact with water?? whch plant?? X or Y??..

i wrote the letter that marked the xylem. the cilia moves mucus, and do you mean the protein and starch question? the starch went blue/black and the protein went purple (biuret A+B test)

Offline Sasha

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2009, 06:49:08 pm »
I think i put A for the circle thing...

the answer was A fir direction .....function of cilia was moving mucus....the  blue to pink was the plant X under the leaf...

B. A was referring to vascular bundle- there are cells above the vein so it would only be down hence the stomata

Offline ROCKY

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2009, 06:51:15 pm »
the paper was eazy thought i messed 3 questions...guys just a hint study..wat amphids lack in their diet...and also..which vessels carry glucose frm kidney lolz....umm wat else...yea so no more hints...gud luk..

i marked..lacks water and artrey only..is it right??

veins and arteries, and fat

it lacks water cuz phloem can not caarry water n they said amphids are sent through phloem....therefore lacks water

Offline camel

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2009, 06:52:52 pm »
the paper was eazy thought i messed 3 questions...guys just a hint study..wat amphids lack in their diet...and also..which vessels carry glucose frm kidney lolz....umm wat else...yea so no more hints...gud luk..

it lacks water cuz phloem can not caarry water n they said amphids are sent through phloem....therefore lacks water

its not water its fats,.. because the phloem has some water along with the amino acids.. but the plants has no fat..so fats is a more suitable answer

Offline ROCKY

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2009, 06:54:51 pm »

its not water its fats,.. because the phloem has some water along with the amino acids.. but the plants has no fat..so fats is a more suitable answer

damm ru sure?

Offline kam

• SF Geek
  • its a real flowa too!
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2009, 07:09:09 pm »

damm ru sure?

no
phoem contain fats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q0hV40UQjg
check this out

nid404

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2009, 07:14:45 pm »
no it doesn't.trust me, i know. fats is da answer and we'll see that after a few months when the markschemes r on FEP

. By the way it's not like phloem lacks water. all substances transported are in water solution. that's why glucose can be dissolved and transported but starch cannot. fats r too big to be transported in the phloem. fats are found in fruits' seeds
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:22:19 pm by nid404 »

Offline ROCKY

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:22 pm »

damm ru sure?

no
phoem contain fats
check this out

so if phloem contains fat then the ans is water ...wooohooooo!

Offline camel

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2009, 07:16:50 pm »

damm ru sure?

no
phoem contain fats
check this out

so if phloem contains fat then the ans is water ...wooohooooo!

the answer is fat, i will ask my teacher tmrw and tell you!

Offline kam

• SF Geek
  • its a real flowa too!
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2009, 07:19:01 pm »
phloem tubencarries sugar fats and proteins according to the youtube thingy
and if it was fats then why couldnt it be amino acids cuz it was one of the choices there right and they kinda are the same

nid404

« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2009, 07:24:22 pm »
phloem tubencarries sugar fats and proteins according to the youtube thingy
and if it was fats then why couldnt it be amino acids cuz it was one of the choices there right and they kinda are the same

don't look at the youtube. trust me phloem does not transport fats.all substances in phloem r in a solution.fats r insoluble, glucose and amino acids are so they are transported.

Offline kam

• SF Geek
  • its a real flowa too!
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2009, 07:26:20 pm »
oh ok
anyway i got aquestion
what is the role of lacteals and capillaries in the villi?
thx in advance

nid404

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2009, 07:28:17 pm »
oh ok
anyway i got aquestion
what is the role of lacteals and capillaries in the villi?
thx in advance

lacteals absorb fatty acids and glycerol and capillaries absorb glucose

Offline kam

• SF Geek
  • its a real flowa too!
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2009, 07:29:18 pm »
thanks nid

and we still friends yeah?
no matter how many arguments we make?