Author Topic: Literature resources here ...  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
Literature resources here ...
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:07:30 pm »
guyz a useful site to study for Literature is
www.sparknotes.com
It shud have all the books ur taking.. along with character sketches, themes, backgrounds, plots etc...

Its great help.....:D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:11:13 pm by sweetsh »
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Anonymous

• SF Immigrant
Re: Literature resources here ...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:24:06 pm »
Oh yeah, like none of us have heard of SparkNotes  ::)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:31:59 pm »
hmm....
maybe...

well you can exclude urself from the "guyz" that I was twking about ... okay ?                          ;D
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 09:50:21 pm »
@anonymous i dnt thnk u hv 2 b rude....im sure most of us mite hv herd of sparknotes...but this forum is made 2 help others n dats wat roxy is doin... so if u cant appreciate a persun den u dnt need 2 say anythng else....!
Don't say "God I have tooo many problems" but say "Problems I have God!"   Gud Luck 2 all 4 xams. Hope v all du well.....fingers crossed LOL

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »
oh sory roxy 4got 2 thnk u.....thnkz 4 ur help..LOL hwevr i du no abt da website but didnt remb it so thnku 4 reminding me...im sure it wud b of gr8 help  ;)  ALL DA BEST 4 UR XAMS ROXY!!! :)
Don't say "God I have tooo many problems" but say "Problems I have God!"   Gud Luck 2 all 4 xams. Hope v all du well.....fingers crossed LOL

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »
lol.. thanx priceless .... Thanks loaadz mate...
and about tht Anonymous kid..... it ly dusnt matter ...... he/she is just trying to act smart lol...

Offline X Abdulrahman X

• SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:00:37 pm »
Roxy Roxs :P
When they talk about me they say I be trippin
What they say about me doesn't make me mad 
I think they hatin cause they see me when I'm rollin
Man I can't help it that they really doin bad  =P

Big cars, Big wheels, Big chains, Big pimpin', Big money, Big Dreams ;-)

Offline Priceless

• SF Master
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:42 pm »
@abdulrahman  lol yea she duz :D

@roxy hmmm ur most welcum my pleasure n yea i guess ur rite abt da anonymous KID  :P ;)

Offline Anonymous

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:18 am »
Yes, because even the retarded suggestions warrant credit.

Offline godfather93

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Tomorrow is a day that changes everyday
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 09:26:16 am »
hey people, this is an amazing site that gives u a translation of many plays in modern english

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/

it has revision notes for other subjects as well.

Offline indian

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 11:07:03 pm »
ppl........ one thing u guys have to know

whaever you write in literature unless and until it has got orginality u will not get ur marks.............refering to cliff notes or spark notes is fine..............

the thing is the ppl at the IGCSE centre has got a copy to all the literature works from spark and other websites if the cie finds we have done some plagered work we will not receive marks.............

my friends brother wrote his lit exam last year...........for a question out of 20 marks he used some of the resouces from cliff and sparkys.........which he by hearted................when his results came out he got 13/20 and they also specified stop using others.......... work..............

anyways lit isn't that hard like the other subjects.............it is just interpretation.......

...........ihope these reminders will be of great help..................

Offline Choc.Kits

• SF Outlaw
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 09:56:58 am »
HEYY PEOPLE!

I urgently need help on literature. Notes, advise anything and everything you guys have. I have my first exam this coming week and im blanking out :P

Im doing:
King Richard III
Poems from "Poems of ourselves" which include; lament, dover beach, full moon and little freida etc.
Short Stories from "Stories of ourselves" which include; The Third and final continent, The lemon orchard, How it happened etc.

Please, save me :)
I came, I saw, I conquered biatches!

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 10:35:48 am »
HEYY PEOPLE!

I urgently need help on literature. Notes, advise anything and everything you guys have. I have my first exam this coming week and im blanking out :P

Im doing:
King Richard III
Poems from "Poems of ourselves" which include; lament, dover beach, full moon and little freida etc.
Short Stories from "Stories of ourselves" which include; The Third and final continent, The lemon orchard, How it happened etc.

Please, save me :)

*Roxxxyyy RRRRUUUUUUUNNNNSSSSS to the ressccccuuuuuuueeeee* (That was in slow motion) :P

www.sparknotes.com

Hopefully it'll have all you need mate ;)

Offline Choc.Kits

• SF Outlaw
  • SF Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 01:16:50 pm »
lol... :P

Thank you, but I'v already been to sparknotes and it only has stuff on Richard III. So im good for Richard :D Though i still got poem and short stories burning a hole in my A** :P

anyone with notes on analyzing poems or tips on answering questions, anything of the sort?
I came, I saw, I conquered biatches!

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 02:36:45 pm »
lol... :P

Thank you, but I'v already been to sparknotes and it only has stuff on Richard III. So im good for Richard :D Though i still got poem and short stories burning a hole in my A** :P

anyone with notes on analyzing poems or tips on answering questions, anything of the sort?

tbh with you- I haven't done any of them apart from Full Moon and Little Freida. But even that, I did like 2 years ago. LOL.

Good Luck mate.

Read over your stuff, and if you have notes, read over em too.
Im sure you'll be fine inshallah :)