Author Topic: how can i start studying for the chemist !! need help!! ;D  (Read 735 times)

Offline sman

i have a week holiday and i dnt know form where to start studying for my chemist exam....any advice ??

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
  • the heavens cry within the arrival of the best
Re: how can i start studying for the chemist !! need help!! ;D
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:51:44 pm »
i suggest u start from the biggening, with states of matter. but if u know them already then no need to revise them throughly. then start rvising those how conditions affect rates of reactions, then start studying the petroleum industry(all about alkanes alkenes alcoho carboxylic acid and esters) study every prperties and test implied on those chapeters. study polymerisation and types of it and how u make nylon and terylene, study thier properties and uses.

revise the pollutants (sulphur dioxise,carbon diaoxide and nitorgen oxide)and how they pollute,then study these process haber process (for making amonia) and the contact process(for making sulphuric acid)

study what are the uses of sulphur dioxide and sulphuric acid and ammonia and nitrogen

study every equation in the petroleum industry and every equation in the nitrogen(making ammonia) and sulphur lesson (making sulphuric)and thier requirements like catalyst and temperature and atmospheric preassure.

study the reactions of metals with acid water oxygen and steam. revise the reactivity series very well. and STUDY HOW SALTS CAN BE MADE WITH DIFFERENT PROCESS.eg(titration or tht adding in excess stuff)and how to extract iron and zinc, and how to make different type of steel.

then finally study how to caculate number of moles and concentration. etc, learn the tests of anions cations and gases (mostly for paper6 but can come here and there abit in paper 3)

practice past papers REALLY HELPFUL.

there i told u everything u need to learn for paper 3 chemistry
believ me it takes maximu 3 days to do all this all u need to understand the concept and mugg up the equations requirements

one who masters both the pen and paper is indeed a true warrior.

\m/metal head\m/

Offline sman

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 05:33:52 pm »
ohh !! thaaanx man!!!! thaaaaanxx !! wohoo !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
  • the heavens cry within the arrival of the best
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »
no prob man
one who masters both the pen and paper is indeed a true warrior.

\m/metal head\m/