Author Topic: Physics Help HERE ONLY !!  (Read 74992 times)

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
  • the heavens cry within the arrival of the best
Re: Physics Help HERE ONLY !!
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2009, 09:55:54 am »
alright this depends on the size of gap and size of wavelength,this whole thing is known as diffraction

if size of gap is the same size of wavelength (u gotta measure them with ure scale or the giv u this info on the question): the wave will pass through the gap with a circular pattern.

if size of gap is bigger than the wavelength of the wave: the wave should pass throught in a wide wave around the ages pattern.

it would go like this:
but be sure tht ure wave (outside the gap) must have the dame wave legnth as the wave before the gap, cuz wave length doesnot change , speed does not change, frequency does not change, only direction changes

hope his helps..
one who masters both the pen and paper is indeed a true warrior.

\m/metal head\m/

Offline Friends

• SF Immigrant
    • Earn Money
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2009, 09:56:11 am »
ok its simple

when water waves pass thru a gap, if the gap's length is equal to the wave's wavelength then there will b a spherical diffraction,
but if the wavelength of the wave is lower than the gap of the length then the waves formed will hav defraction on their extreme edges, they will look like straight lines that are bent on the edges.

we don't hav the diffraction of waves such that the length of the gap is smaller than the length of the wavelength.

remember the top two points all the best

Ok I got it.thanx man
+rep

Thanx Shogun
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:58:02 am by Friends »

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:11 am »
guys i was taught there are two types of sound graphs u need to know

one is displacement/time   and the other is displacement/lenth.

can anyone elaborate more about these two types of graphs.

hey call them speed/time and distance/time graph, thats much more easier to understand

as fer the speed time graph, area under the graph gives u the distance travelled.

the distance time graph jus tells u if the cars on constant speed or accelerating etc.

i guess thats all about it.

but be sure to memorise the three velocity formulas

they r

v=u+at

v^2=u^2 + 2as

s = ut + 1/2at^2

where " s " is the displacement

do counter check with ur books or online sources if they r correct :D lol
live life like you'll never die but don't die like you never lived but then again its a saying n i don't believe in saying much so jus forget it . . .

Offline esso

• SF Citizen
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:23 am »
can any one give me notes about radiation....
a bit difficult...
thanx in advance

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2009, 10:01:43 am »
wat ever u don't knw bout radiation, ask us here n we ll help :)
live life like you'll never die but don't die like you never lived but then again its a saying n i don't believe in saying much so jus forget it . . .

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2009, 10:02:24 am »
yea esso anythin in radiations u want do ask.. :D

\m/metal head\m/

Offline idol2009

« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2009, 10:12:39 am »
Since no one answered my question before, i will repost it =)
 Hey, I was doing the Oct/Nov 08 Paper 3, and on question 5c), it asks you to calculate the specific latent hear of fusion of ice from the results they have given you...
I usually find this pretty straightforward, but on this problem I was kind of stuck, because my answer didn't match the mark scheme...
The question goes as follows:
"Using a 40W heater, 16.3 g of ice is melted in 2.0 minutes. The heater is then switched off. In a further 2.0 minutes, 2.1 g of ice is melted.
Calculate the specific latent heat of fusion of ice from these results."

So I basically did the following calculation:
Total Energy supplied = 40 x 120 = 4800 J
Total Mass melted by heater = 16.3 g
Specific latent heat = 4800/16.3 = 294.5 J/g

I don't understand what I've done wrong, and what the switching the heater off and the further 2 mins has to do with it?
Any help would be appreciated thanks!
=)

Offline VIP_93

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2009, 10:13:23 am »

thanx alot Q80BOY

Offline Enia

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2009, 10:15:49 am »
Hi! I had another tiny question (and probably a lot more as I do last minute revision so plz be patient with me).

Can you please explain to be how to predict the direction of alpha, Beta, and gamma radiations in a magnetic field? Thank you :D

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2009, 10:18:33 am »
 Hey, I was doing the Oct/Nov 08 Paper 3, and on question 5c), it asks you to calculate the specific latent hear of fusion of ice from the results they have given you...
I usually find this pretty straightforward, but on this problem I was kind of stuck, because my answer didn't match the mark scheme...
"Using a 40W heater, 16.3 g of ice is melted in 2.0 minutes. The heater is then switched off. In a further 2.0 minutes, 2.1 g of ice is melted.

I don't understand what I've done wrong, and what the switching the heater off and the further 2 mins has to do with it?

oh sorry for u answer to be delayed, so ill try to help u out right away.. ;D

\m/metal head\m/

Offline IGSTUDENT

• SF Citizen
« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:26 am »

SHOGUN

R u a student or a teacher? U seem to have an answer for every problem.And time to solve every query 8)

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2009, 10:22:38 am »

what answer does the mark scheme tell u ?

Offline Shogun

• SF Geek
« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2009, 10:23:26 am »
Hi! I had another tiny question (and probably a lot more as I do last minute revision so plz be patient with me).

Can you please explain to be how to predict the direction of alpha, Beta, and gamma radiations in a magnetic field? Thank you :D

deflections of rays in magnetic fields
alpha is positively charged so in magnetic field in to the paper (the north pole faced towards a paper) (uding flemings left hand u point ure index finger just like the way u would point at somone and with the thumb up and ure middle finger pointing towards the right(which is the direction alpha rays)) so doing this would indicate tht alpha rays deflects upwards.
however the beta rays(negatively charges) moves opposite to the deflection of alpha rays (i.e downwards but with the same conditions set as experssed for the alpha rays)
whereas in gamma rays, no deflection in magntic field.

deflections of rays in an electrical field.
lets say there are 2 charged plates place over another(with gap inbetwwen), one is postively charged plate which is for example the upper plate, and the lower plate is negatively charged. alpha rays deflect yowards the negative side (i.e downwards) as it is postively charged, whereas the beta rays deflects towards the positively charge plate(i.e upwards, just opposite of alpha rays). gamma rays do not deflect in electric fields either.

hope this helped, any confusion difficulties or help needed, plz do ask me

\m/metal head\m/

Offline Ibiza279

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2009, 10:23:57 am »

SHOGUN

R u a student or a teacher? U seem to have an answer for every problem.And time to solve every query 8)

hey who cares atleast he tells us the answer to the questions n clears our doubts i mean if hes a teacher v thnk him, if hes a student we still thnk him
so thnk u shogun :)

Offline IGSTUDENT

• SF Citizen
« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
Hey Shogun
R u a teacher or a student/
Where are u giving your exams from?