Author Topic: Dearest Guitarbudddy!I miss your answers and you!!!!  (Read 1873 times)

Offline kaipai

• SF Immigrant
Dearest Guitarbudddy!I miss your answers and you!!!!
« on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:15 pm »
Dear Buddy, :D

Long time but no see. Hope you are all right. I really really miss your courage and stamina becoz you answered my all questions with due good intentiosn.

Can you kindly go to the other section of S.forum i.e subject doubts to answer some of my questions????PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......

Do take care for yourself and others around you....
Always succeed and get many good grades.......
May all your dreams come true sooonnnnnn...
Best regards,
Your friend,

Kai Pai

Offline guitarbuddy

Re: Dearest Guitarbudddy!I miss your answers and you!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:46:26 pm »
Hey
I am back.

I need to ask one thing. I just got my AS level results. I got a B in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and U in English.
I wanted to go to Singapore or Australia for higher studies. But is B is a good  grade ?? I am going to give IELTS and think i should get 7.5 overall. So do i have chances to get the admission for universities like NUS, NTU , Monash etc ??
If i repeat maths and get A and in A levels i get A in maths, B in Physics and Chemistry. Will it be beneficial ??
Thankyou

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:24:26 pm »
I think Singapore esp will expect good grades. Australia prob will care less if you pay, but good grades for a scholarship - though I don't know if there are any.
U in English might be a prob. They might think you no-speaka-da-english.

Offline kaipai

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:11:01 am »
Hey
I am back.

I need to ask one thing. I just got my AS level results. I got a B in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and U in English.
I wanted to go to Singapore or Australia for higher studies. But is B is a good  grade ?? I am going to give IELTS and think i should get 7.5 overall. So do i have chances to get the admission for universities like NUS, NTU , Monash etc ??
If i repeat maths and get A and in A levels i get A in maths, B in Physics and Chemistry. Will it be beneficial ??
Thankyou

Dear Guitarbuddy,

It is great to hear from you after a long time...but it is sad that your grades were not up to your expectations. The concept of 90% for A* and 80% for A etc. is a rigid one and often confuses the student... Actually, Even A* in physics 2011 may was with about 70% total marks, as you can see in the grading threshold available at xtremepapers. Similarly, A grade was for less than 63% in total. But A grade at As level was given for 66.9% so even if someone does not scores A at As level, he/she can does so at whole A level. That old concept clearly misleads, even me if i believe in it...it can make even the brilliant student go mad if she\he happens to be graded according to that criteria.

My friend, see grades in individual components often mislead and should not be considered an accurate idea...the overall grading threshold is a great idea to see the clear picture of grades....if you got B it does not mean that your marks in paper 2 were necessarily below than 32, so don't worry. Let us say that your marks in the three papers are as follows:

paper 1: 27 marks(I am using minimum marks for supposition to show how even 'low' marks play wonder)
Paper 2: 29 marks
paper 3: 28 marks

Total marks for As are: 40+40+60= 140
Now your %age is (27+29+28)/140= 60% b
According to the grading threshold of 2011 may(we can safely assume that it does not flucutate much) the A grade at AS level is for 87/140 = 62%! so actually you are quite near A grade overall if your perfomance is relatively better at A level!!Cheers.....

Just plz tell me who your english teacher was?????
Good bye and take care....
Tell me if I have proved helpful.....I have other info for grading to share with you....
Thank you.....
Best Regards,
Don't Worry,,,

Kaipai