Author Topic: Difference in question papers in AS and A2  (Read 1295 times)

Offline poisonedrose

Difference in question papers in AS and A2
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:14 am »
So, a friend of mine has taken Chemistry, Physics and Biology in AS, but is confused between P1, P2,P3,P4,P5 and P6
Can someone sort out my confusion as well and tell me which papers are taken in AS and which are in A2?
thanks a bunch

Offline kaipai

• SF Immigrant
Difference in question papers in AS and A2
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »
Dear Friend!

If you are talking about Maths at as/alevel, then there are quite a few options at AS level. One option is to do AS alone and do not proceed to full A level by not doing A2 level.
To do AS level in maths, the most common combination is to choose P1,p2 and then all finished. by choosing p1,p2 you don't have the option to do A level and this is a deadlock but good for those who do not want much math. However, the other option whihc could lead to A level maths is to choose P1(which is must for all AS math combitons) and choose either S1 or M1(you cant choose m2,s2 at this as level!).

Then at A2 level i.e. teh final part of A level maths, you can choose P3(the must part of A level math) and either choose S2 or M2. Moreover, you dont have to choose both S1 and s2 in a level math i.e you can choose a great mix: choose s1 first and m1 latter so that you don't go inside much complexitis. So, it is your choice what you wnat to choose at A2 level when you complete as level. The options are: M2,S2,M1(if you choose s1 at as level) or S1(if you choose m1 at as level)...you must do A2 level after as level within 1 year otherwise.... you don't get a chance to do A leve.....be careful and hurry up...

Please do reply me if you read this.......and tell me how helpful I have been to you.....ask more if you like...i would love to answer....

Goodby adn take care,
ASK more questions please becoz i love to answer and....question...hhaahaa.
Regards,,

KaIPai.....