Author Topic: Life in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: Life in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »
There is always khair in everything. And trust me, there is SO much khair in this.

So be careful with what you wish for ;)

Indeed. Allah does what's best for us! ;D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 08:59:04 pm »
Indeed. Allah does what's best for us! ;D

Yes, most definately. But if/when Saudi changes the law that women can drive, there'll be chaos. Seriously.

Imagine the number of accidents, the number of deaths, the number of incidents of guys chasing girls, even MORE traffic, the crazy driving.
And what about driving instructors? Who's gonna teach the woman to drive? a man? That's not allowed.

Sub7anallah, just too many problems- why do they need to drive? there are taxis, and drivers and men and husbands and sons and brothers and cousins and all the males to do that. so khalas.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »
Yes, most definately. But if/when Saudi changes the law that women can drive, there'll be chaos. Seriously.

Imagine the number of accidents, the number of deaths, the number of incidents of guys chasing girls, even MORE traffic, the crazy driving.
And what about driving instructors? Who's gonna teach the woman to drive? a man? That's not allowed.

Sub7anallah, just too many problems- why do they need to drive? there are taxis, and drivers and men and husbands and sons and brothers and cousins and all the males to do that. so khalas.

True that ... the no. of road accidents here in UAE is like CRAZY. I witnessed a terrible accident recently and it involved a woman ... :(

There are female instructors available (mine is female) ... taxis can be scary at times, to be honest!

But whatever ... all is well. (:

I was just curious! :P

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »
True that ... the no. of road accidents here in UAE is like CRAZY. I witnessed a terrible accident recently and it involved a woman ... :(

There are female instructors available (mine is female) ... taxis can be scary at times, to be honest!

But whatever ... all is well. (:

I was just curious! :P

Yes, and in Saudi, it's prolly worse :o

Probably not in Saudi, there might be a few here and there- but that'll be the least concern for the girls there!! :/

Yes, they can which is why it's important for a woman to be accompanied- by either a man, or another woman.

Yeah :)
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »
Yes, and in Saudi, it's prolly worse :o

Probably not in Saudi, there might be a few here and there- but that'll be the least concern for the girls there!! :/

Yes, they can which is why it's important for a woman to be accompanied- by either a man, or another woman.

Yeah :)

Insha Allah, it'll improve. :D

I guess ... some Muslim girls here take a male instructor and I am like WHY AND HOW ? =X

Yes ... but sometimes they can be alone ...  =/

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:56 am »
There is always khair in everything. And trust me, there is SO much khair in this.

So be careful with what you wish for ;)

Thumps UP XD ;D

Offline The InViSiBlE GIrl (Eva)

• SF Master
  • YOU'RE NOBODY UNTIL YOU'RE TALKED ABOUT!! XOXO
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 10:45:47 am »
Thanks Guys for all the info tht u ppl have provided me with.  :) :)

I did read about the incident with the female driver there. I feel really bad. I totally believe tht woman should be allowed to do whatever they want. Afterall its a free world. But i guess Saudi is emperor ruled so u cant say. But i hope it changes soon.  :)

Also, are there any rules that my friend should be aware of?? Like something about the law and any stupid rule or whatever. Something one should be carefull for??
LiFe Is NoT tHe MeAsUrE oF tHe NuMbEr Of BrEaDtHs We TaKe, BuT rAtHeR oF tHe MoMeNtS tHaT tOoK oUr BrEaDtHs AwAy <3 LIFE :-D

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 10:49:03 am »
Thanks Guys for all the info tht u ppl have provided me with.  :) :)

I did read about the incident with the female driver there. I feel really bad. I totally believe tht woman should be allowed to do whatever they want. Afterall its a free world. But i guess Saudi is emperor ruled so u cant say. But i hope it changes soon.  :)

Also, are there any rules that my friend should be aware of?? Like something about the law and any stupid rule or whatever. Something one should be carefull for??

Dude- no you don't. Did you just read the previous posts about women driving? :S

Nah man- she seems to be worrying too much. Like tell her to just go and get a job and she'll be fine.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 01:50:37 pm »
Did you just read the previous posts about women driving? :S
Hahahaha! ;D

Sorry ... I just found this funny ... :P

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 02:26:30 pm »
Hahahaha! ;D

Sorry ... I just found this funny ... :P

LOOL ROMEESAA!

Offline HUSH1994

• SF Farseer
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »
Just found this on facebook,and its in Riyadh as well  :o

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 03:23:14 pm »
LOOL ROMEESAA!
Hehe! ;D

Just found this on facebook,and its in Riyadh as well  :o

LOL ;D

No idea what the dude was saying ... ::)

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »
Jeddah = backward, oppressive, slums all around, roads that make Karachi look like Paradise, no women, sewage all around, hot, too many rude Saudis
I will let you decide

Riyadh could be cooler though with the Princes and stuff

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 11:00:31 pm »
Jeddah = backward, oppressive, slums all around, roads that make Karachi look like Paradise, no women, sewage all around, hot, too many rude Saudis
I will let you decide

Riyadh could be cooler though with the Princes and stuff

ignore him- tell your friend to come, she'll like it.

Offline The InViSiBlE GIrl (Eva)

• SF Master
  • YOU'RE NOBODY UNTIL YOU'RE TALKED ABOUT!! XOXO
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 09:50:53 am »
Dumb Economist: WOW i was actually waiting for someone to say something like this :o? But how much of it is the truth?? :P

Also from what i have heard its more modern than the rest of the places since its the capital and all.

But still thanks for the info.  ;)

Aminotransferases: Thanks i will! Is there like anything she should be fyi'd about?? like u know like the book: Riyadh for dummies kind of thing. (although nothing like tht actually exists  ;)  ;D)
LiFe Is NoT tHe MeAsUrE oF tHe NuMbEr Of BrEaDtHs We TaKe, BuT rAtHeR oF tHe MoMeNtS tHaT tOoK oUr BrEaDtHs AwAy <3 LIFE :-D