Author Topic: Moral stories  (Read 18595 times)

Offline cielo18

• Slave of Allah
  • SF Immigrant
Re: Moral stories
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 04:38:20 pm »
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Asalaamu Alaaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

This flame is nothing ..."

Qari Muhammad Qayyam (may the mercy of Allah be upon him) related that a great deal of fighting and bloodshed had started prior to the Indo-Pakistan partition of 1947. He said that a very beautiful daughter of a very rich man in a certain community stepped out of her house to visit her aunt, who lived no more than a few streets away. Suddenly a riot erupted as she had gone halfway and she found herself trapped with apparently nowhere to go. She saw a mosque nearby and quickly went inside, sitting in the womens section. The rioting continued late into the night and this girl did not know what to do.

The custodian of the masjid was a very young student there and late at night when he walked through the masjid before locking up he noticed this beautiful young lady. He was a respectful young man who feared Allah and so politely asked her to leave, saying that if she was found there then both would be dishonored and thrown out. She pleaded with him because of the extreme danger outside and so he agreed that she could spend the night, and sat down to study at the opposite end of the masjid.

The girl was unable to sleep with the events of the day in her mind and so watched the young man sitting studying by candle light at the opposite end of the masjid. She kept watching him and was very surprised at something she saw. From time to time this young man would extend his hand and keep it over the open flame, only withdrawing it when the flame obviously became unbearable. He then would resume his studies and continued this throughout the night until the dawn broke.

The young man called the adhan and asked the girl to leave before the congregation started coming to pray since now everything was calm outside. She agreed on the condition that he tell her why he was placing his hand on the candle flame throughout the night. The young man said that that was his own business and so the girl refused to leave until he told her what she wanted to know. The young man gave in and said, I am at the age of youth and strong desire. We were alone and my desire was increasing, and although I was studying the shaytan would occasionally put temptation in my heart. Hence whenever I would feel any temptation I would put my hand on the flame and my fingers would burn. I would say to myself that this flame is nothing compared to the fire of Hell.

The girl left the masjid and reached home, calming her parents fears as to what had happened to her. She also confided in her mother that she wanted to marry the custodian of the mosque near their house. She related the nights events to her parents and said that only such a man with true fear of Allah in his heart can be true to his wife. Only such a man who truly fears Allah can fulfill a wifes rights properly.

Hence the poor custodian of the mosque earned the daughter of a rich household in marriage. He received this honor not because of his looks but because of his character. Everything disintegrates and turns to dust but character remains strong. Honor is not bestowed because of handsome clothes or beautiful jewelry but because of what is in the heart. Knowledge is only beneficial when it is captured within the heart, and not merely written in books

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 05:23:35 pm »
^That was so beautiful, MashaAllah. <3
JazakAllah khair for sharing. :D

Should be posted in the 'marriage in Islam' thread! :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 06:00:18 pm »
I do believe most of have read this one, but once again...

An atheist professor of Philosophy was speaking to his class on the problem Science has with GOD. He asked one of his new Christian Students to stand and . . .

Professor : You believe in God, don't you son?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can't answer, can you ? Let's start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From . . . GOD . . .

Professor: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn't it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn't.

(The lecture theatre became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student : You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 06:06:01 pm »
^One of my fav! ;D

(Y)

Offline cielo18

• Slave of Allah
  • SF Immigrant
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:02 pm »
^That was so beautiful, MashaAllah. <3
JazakAllah khair for sharing. :D

Should be posted in the 'marriage in Islam' thread! :D

heehee  :D
ah okay  :P ...
will do :)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »

Aisha was a kindergarten teacher at Marbury Elementary School in San Diego, California. Teaching a class of 27 crazy 5 year olds would seem like a crazy task to most people but to Aisha, it was one of the most rewarding careers ever. She loved kids. Actually, that’s probably an understatement. She had a huge, huge passion for kids because she herself had always been a kid at heart. She spoke their language, had their energy, and at recess, she could sometimes be found playing along with the kids. She could not wait to have her own.

In her mind, she would envision herself having a smooth pregnancy, painting her child’s room, getting everything ready, then raising her child to be a proud Muslim-giving him or her a proper Islamic education. She had no other aim for her child besides just growing up and serving Allah. But little did she know that her vision would remain a vision-just a colorful dream because her reality was completely unimagined.

Her daughter, whom her and her husband chose to name Duha, was born on September 16th, 2009 with a genetic disease known as ostogenesis imperfecta (OI), type III. It is a disease marked by collagen deficiency in which the bones are extremely fragile that even a small touch can cause a bone to break. Normal life expectancy is extremely short due to its severe nature. As soon as Duha was born, she had already broken several bones across her body; by the time she was seven months she already had a dozen healing fractures. Aisha and her husband, Tariq, were just baffled. She had no idea what to do. But she turned to Allah for help, because this was completely out of her hands and a huge test that she knew would need only dua and patience to survive.

Instead of her life being filled with the normal joys of raising a child, her life was filled with hospital visits with Duha screaming in pain due to another bone just breaking. Duha was in a wheel chair most of her childhood and even in school, every move had to be with extreme caution. For Aisha and Tariq, it was hospital bills here and bills there, nights full of sobbing and praying for this to magically to disappear, but through it all, just like any parents, they loved Duha and made sure that they plastered on a smile, covering thousands of tears behind.

Aisha’s love for Duha, however, never superceded her love for the Creator who made her in the first place. Duha was a gift from Allah; and the creator has greater right over his creation than the creation do over them selves. Countless night’s she would stay up in Qiyyam, begging Allah to heal her, to let her live longer, to give her more precious time with her Duha, but most of all just sabr(patience) to get through one day at a time. Duha lived to be 13, when she passed away from an especially fatal bone breakage incident. This time it was her ribs, which punctured her lungs, causing it to collapse and within minutes, she was gone. Inna lillahi wa inna alayhi rajioon (to Allah we belong and to Him we return).

As a normal mother who loses her child, there was the initial shock, then the pain, and then awhile later, there was acceptance. Over and over, Aisha would read this ayah as a reminder to not allow herself to become overwhelmed with the loss:

“The righteous (will be) amid gardens and fountains (of clear-flowing water). (Their greeting will be): “Enter ye here in peace and security.” And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury: (they will be) brothers (joyfully) facing each other on thrones (of dignity). There no sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave.” [15:45-48]

…The loss was not permanent. The last hospital visit with her Duha was not the last. It was not over. It was not the end. Even though Allah did remove this gift, it was only a temporary distance and in the akhirah insh’Allah she would be able to reunite with her daughter in a place where there would be no disease, no illness, no pain. Can you imagine? Duha standing at the gates of Jannah, calling her mommy in, her daddy in, being able to run without worrying about her bones breaking at any second, being able to walk without a wheelchair, being able to smile without any trace of pain behind it.

The reward for patience, the reward for the righteous, the reward for the believers is always worth fighting for, no matter how much pain it takes, no matter how many tears it takes.

And to Allah belong all things good and pure.

~ source

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »
A very beautiful and pertinent (to me) story...

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2011, 01:27:48 pm »
“And He is the Forgiving, the Loving,” [85:14]

Maryam immigrated with her parents from Kuwait to the States when she was about 10 years old to start a new life, leaving everything she had known behind. Since her childhood, she had noticed an empty hole inside of her, something missing from her life that she was in an avid search to complete: Love.

Everyone has an innate desire to be loved and from when we are a child, the first people that wrap us in the love, in comfort, and compassion is our parents. They nurture us, feed us, and though Allah’srahma(mercy) they love us. Maryam had always struggled to find this love first with those that were closest to her-her family. Her mom was suffering from depression- she had just left all her family behind and adjusting to a new world was not an easy task. She had never felt the love of a father, who though he was a Muslim-was an alcoholic and devoted all his time to the bottles that were stacked high in the pantry. Often, she would walk into the house with the stench of alcohol consuming her and she already knew that the night would be filled with drunken yelling and beatings.

Instead of her early life being filled with vacations and bubble baths, colorful toys and walks through the park-her life was an endless roller coaster of abuse, neglect, stress and at the end of the day she just always wanted the natural desire, the natural need of a parent’s love. But her search for love ended when she drew closer and closer to Allah.

For any normal human being, a brutal past filled with abuse and neglect can drive a person insane, leaving a psychological impact. Some resort to drugs or alcohol to relieve the pain of their past or go searching for love through haram means whether it be through haram relationships or criminal incidents. But for Maryam, her past was a blessing in disguise because the search of love, that pain, that emptiness in her heart-led her to her Creator. Her refuge became Allah because that desperate desire for love and peace came from nothing other than the source of all Love and all Rahma (mercy).

Among Allah’s other attributes, Allah tells us in the Qur’an that…“…He is the Forgiving, theLoving,” [85:14]

Maryam knew that Allah was Al-Wadud (the most Loving). His love for the believer is stronger than a mother’s love for her child-who through Allah’s mercy bore her child for nine months in her womb- kind of like carrying a giant backpack on your stomach EVERYWHERE you go even to the bathroom. Her past was simply a test to see how strong her iman was. Her past was a constant reminder to her that this dunya isn’t all there is- because one day, she would inshaa’Allah be with Al-Wadud (the most Loving), Al-Rahman (the most Merciful), Al Ghafoor (the most Forgiving). This thought was enough to seep away all the sorrow and complete that internal emptiness that had been there since her childhood. Maryam’s connection with Allah, her love for Allah-was enough to get by through the bumps in the road because in the end, as long as her Creator loved her and was pleased- everyone that had hurt her never mattered.

All of us face difficulties in our life- though they may not be in the shape or form of Maryam’s hardship. We all have times where we become disappointed-whether it’s a friend that hurts us, or a crowd we don’t fit in, or any other time we feel alone or neglected, betrayed, or simply lost. Keep in mind through these times that everyone but Allah will ALWAYS disappoint you in some way or another. Don’t expect love from people to fill you up because it will never fill you forever. Only Al-Wadud’s love for the believer can fill that hole; only Allah’s love, mercy, and connection can provide peace.

And to Allah belong all things good and pure.

~same source as previous

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »
I guess it's been posted before but wanna share it again. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Why do we read Quran, if we can’t understand a single Arabic word? This is a beautiful story:

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, “Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don’t understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur’an do?”

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, “Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.”

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, “You’ll have to move a little faster next time,” and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, “I don’t want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You’re just not trying hard enough,” and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, “See Grandpa, it’s useless!”

“So you think it is useless?” The old man said, “Look at the basket.”
The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

“Son, that’s what happens when you read the Qur’an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives.”

silvercameron

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 05:45:38 pm »
Law of Nature

One of the companions of the Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) was very fond of this verse of the holy Quran. He used to recite it loudly and repeatedly wherever he went.

>A jewish woman who heard him once wanted to prove him wrong thus making him unpopular among his people. She thought of a plot against him.
She prepared some sweets and mixed them in poison and sent them to him as a present. When he recieved them, he went out of the city with them. On the way, he met two men who were returning home from a long journey. They appeared tired and hungry, so he though of doing them a good turn. He offered them the sweets and ofcourse he wasnt aware that they wee mixed with poison. No sooner had the two travellers taken the sweets they collapsed and died. The news of their death reached Madinah and the man was arrested. He was brought in front of the Judge and he related what had actually happened. the jewish woman who had mixed poison with the sweets was also brought to the court. she was stunned to see the two dead bodies of the travellers. They infact turned out to be her own two sons who had gone away for a journey.

She admitted her evil intentions to the Judge and all the people present. Alas, the poison she'd mixed withe sweets to kill the companion of the prophet (S.A.W) had killed her own two sons. <

It is a law of nature that whatever action we take in this world there's always a reaction. If we do good we stand to get a good reward, if we do bad we must expect a bad outcome ultimately. "As you sow, so shall you reap" goes the saying.

The Quran also guides us on this subject.
"if you do good, you do good to yourselves. (likewise) if you do evil, you do evil to yourselves".
{Quran: Chapter 17 Verse 7}

Amelia

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »
One fine day, a bus driver went to the bus station, started his bus, and drove off along the route. No problems for the first few stops – a few people got on, a few got off and things went generally well.

At the next stop, however, a big hulk of a guy got on, six foot eight, built like a wrestler, arms hanging down to the ground. He glared at the driver and said, “Big John doesn’t pay!” and sat down at the back.

Did I mention that the driver was five foot three, thin, and basically meek? Well, he was. Naturally, he didn’t argue with Big John, but he wasn’t happy about it. The next day the same thing happened – Big John got on again, made a show of refusing to pay, and sat down. And the next day, and the next.

This grated on the bus driver, who started losing sleep over the way Big John was taking advantage of him. Finally he could stand it no longer and so he signed up for body building courses, karate, judo, and all that good stuff.

By the end of the summer, he had become quite strong; what’s more, he felt really good about himself.

So on the next Monday, when Big John once again got on the bus and said, “Big John doesn’t pay!” The driver stood up, glared back at the passenger and screamed, “And why not???!!!”

With a surprised look on his face, Big John replied, “ Because Big John has a bus pass.”

MORAL / LESSON:

The moral of this incident/story is quite self evident. However, it is a lesson that many of us seem to overlook and disregard in the many activities and chores of our life.

We learn from this incident that a person should not be hasty in making assumptions and judging a situation or an individual from what seems to be the apparent.

It is essential that a Muslim assumes the best of his fellow being and gives him the benefit of the doubt. If possible, one should allow the fellow being to explain himself as to clear any doubts one may have.

Our Nabi (PBUH) has stated that being hasty is from Shaytaan whilst steady composure is from Allah .

In the same manner ‘Ulamaa have stated that if there is a single reason for doubt in a matter relating to a person then that doubt should have an effect on the decision that is made.

In conclusion, one should take all factors into consideration and avoid hastiness in judging an individual. Instead, one should try to make the matter clear as to avoid placing false accusations on anyone.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:49:59 pm by Amelia »

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »
^Excellent stories! (Y)

Keep them coming! ;D

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »
This reminds me of something that happened yesterday ... Thanks Lia (:
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
This reminds me of something that happened yesterday ... Thanks Lia (:
Same here. :-[

Amelia

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »
This is not a story - but worth reading..

Ants cannot reach the skies and there’s Allah SWT’s Wisdom in it. But they go deep in the ground, make the soil conducive to the nurturing of seeds. These very seeds become giant trees, which eventually reach out to the skies.
You may feel insignificant. Your efforts may seem insignificant. But who knows that on the Day of Judgement, those very efforts which seemed small and meager, become giant trees in Jannah?

You may not be able to do certain good deeds but you can assist others to do them inshaa’Allah.
Allah SWT will multiply according to His Mercy and not according to the outcomes and the platform you use to do His Work. Not your skills, your size, or even your means because  all of these are given entirely by Allah SWT. He SWT gives some and He gives other things to some, in smaller proportions. It’s your sincerity that counts.

And Allah SWT has said in part of the aya 261 in Surat’l Baqarah:
‘Allah gives manifold increase to whom He wills.’
And Allah SWT knows best.