Author Topic: **Urgent help/advice NEEDED!**  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
**Urgent help/advice NEEDED!**
« on: August 19, 2011, 05:56:02 am »
Okay. So, I got my Edexcel results yesterday. They were bad. I am extremely disappointed in myself. >_<
I have considered re=sitting some papers. Though, my thoughts are vague and confused.
I will not disclose my grades - I passed (Alhamdulillah) BUT they aren't . . . well. . . good grades.
I haven't even told my parents my grades. Yet. I don't even intend to. My Dad is usually busy with his business stuff and my crappy grades will just increase his tensions. >_< So, I better shut up mouth up. =X
At the moment, I cannot think straight and I am in desperate need of advice. :-[
My seat in my Uni is fixed, alhamdulillah. But, I dunno if I can continue living with such grades. =,=
It's not like I am ungrateful to God. I am grateful, alhamdulillah. I am just angry and disappointed in myself.
My sister advised me to totally forget about it and keep my University my top priority rather than my past stupid A-levels. >_<
If I resit them. . . I will be at a disadvantage since it'll affect my Dentistry course and I cannot afford losing that.
Well. . . sorry for blabbering. =X I am just in need of some kind of support before I honestly lose my head. :'(

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
Re: **Urgent help/advice NEEDED!**
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:08:50 am »
Okay. So, I got my Edexcel results yesterday. They were bad. I am extremely disappointed in myself. >_<
I have considered re=sitting some papers. Though, my thoughts are vague and confused.
I will not disclose my grades - I passed (Alhamdulillah) BUT they aren't . . . well. . . good grades.
I haven't even told my parents my grades. Yet. I don't even intend to. My Dad is usually busy with his business stuff and my crappy grades will just increase his tensions. >_< So, I better shut up mouth up. =X
At the moment, I cannot think straight and I am in desperate need of advice. :-[
My seat in my Uni is fixed, alhamdulillah. But, I dunno if I can continue living with such grades. =,=
It's not like I am ungrateful to God. I am grateful, alhamdulillah. I am just angry and disappointed in myself.
My sister advised me to totally forget about it and keep my University my top priority rather than my past stupid A-levels. >_<
If I resit them. . . I will be at a disadvantage since it'll affect my Dentistry course and I cannot afford losing that.
Well. . . sorry for blabbering. =X I am just in need of some kind of support before I honestly lose my head. :'(

well if u feel u need to resit , its best u tell u r parents , they deserve 2 knw da results anyway & then resit da papers u want to . or mabe u cud ask da subject teachers if u cud hav done better & b4 dat mabe u shuld ask u r self if u cud get better results & then resit , otherwise thers no point ...
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:36 am »
well if u feel u need to resit , its best u tell u r parents , they deserve 2 knw da results anyway & then resit da papers u want to . or mabe u cud ask da subject teachers if u cud hav done better & b4 dat mabe u shuld ask u r self if u cud get better results & then resit , otherwise thers no point ...
Thank you for your advice. (:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:56:59 am by Romeesa Kaname Kuran »

Offline dlehddud

• A New Zealander=Kiwi
  • SF Citizen
  • NZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZ
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:44:55 am »
hey
um i don't know if having a "seat in uni" means that you have guaranteed entry, but if you do, then you should *really* stop worrying about your A levels =P after all, if you're guaranteed an entry, it won't matter what marks you get right..? Just try harder in uni :)

And if you feel the need to resit your subjects, I suggest you take a gap year and take time to study, revise and sit your edexcel exams again :) it's not like you *have* to be 19 to go to uni haha

Hope i helped :P
I swear exams are going to be the end of me someday

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54:24 am »
hey
um i don't know if having a "seat in uni" means that you have guaranteed entry, but if you do, then you should *really* stop worrying about your A levels =P after all, if you're guaranteed an entry, it won't matter what marks you get right..? Just try harder in uni :)

And if you feel the need to resit your subjects, I suggest you take a gap year and take time to study, revise and sit your edexcel exams again :) it's not like you *have* to be 19 to go to uni haha

Hope i helped :P

You helped a lot. I like the 1st advice.

Nah. I dunno about taking a gap year. :P

Thank you. =]

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:33 am »
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:56:21 am »
Aww, its okay, you've got a place in university already! If your university place is confirmed, and it is the university you want to go, then I'd suggest not worrying about your A level results.

However, you should be more careful so as not to repeat the same result in university. ::)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:59:22 am »
Aww, its okay, you've got a place in university already! If your university place is confirmed, and it is the university you want to go, then I'd suggest not worrying about your A level results.

However, you should be more careful so as not to repeat the same result in university. ::)

Will it affect my career in anyway ? :-[

Insha Allah, I won't let it happen. I will work extra hard in Uni. :(

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 12:16:16 pm »
It was a bad experience that you should learn from and avoid doing it the next time ;)

No , I suggest you forget about it and focus about Uni since your place if fixed there  :)

Good Luck  8)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:00 pm »
It was a bad experience that you should learn from and avoid doing it the next time ;)

No , I suggest you forget about it and focus about Uni since your place if fixed there  :)

Good Luck  8)

Thank you for your help, chere. ^_^

I decided to leave it and work harder in Uni, Insha Allah.

Special thanks to Crooked. He made me feel much better. :D

I know you are reading this, Crooked. . .  so I wanna thank you specially from my heart. <333 :-* :-* :-*

THANK YOU.  :D

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 12:25:20 pm »
You're Welcome <3

May Allah be with you =]
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 12:27:36 pm »
You're Welcome <3

May Allah be with you =]

May Allah bless you more. <3

Ah. I feel much better now. :P

Offline notReverend

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 08:00:12 am »
I'm in a similar situation. My A2 levels were bad last year, and then I did a resit, and I GOT THE SAME GRADES AS LAST YEAR. I'm not sure if I will have to give A levels again under CIE, or if I will be able to get into med school anyway. I'll have to wait until after Eid, I guess.  :'(

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 08:16:16 am »
I'm glad you made that decision, Romeesa. My paternal uncle once gave me advice: people who live in the past and people who live in the future can never progress--people who live in the present are meant to prosper. Same goes for any tragedy and misfortune in life. Just like procrastination might've been a root cause of your grades, hence a waste of time, mulling over what's past is also going to waste your time. Here in Pakistan, a similar saying exists: the one who keeps looking behind can never walk forward.

I know your self-image might have been hurt by these grades, I have great grades Masha ALLAH and in all fairness I probably didn't deserve them too, but still the one A in Mathematics has given me the impression that I need to defeat Math, and now whenever I talk of Math I wonder if I'm even good enough to share my thoughts on it. And it's an A which has made me lose faith in my Mathematical capabilities! You might be, I think, going through the same. But you have to trust Allah, even if you don't vouch yourself to do the job. Ask for His help and then work hard on the present; your university. These grades will always remind you the bitter side of exam results, and that's good because what is the value of success without failure? A student who never fails a class could possibly never enjoy, value or invest his good grades in the same way as a person who failed even one class. Failure is a stepping stone to success--push on with high hopes in Allah and insha ALLAH your selfconfidence and grades will be restored. :)

And notReverend, perhaps considering your strengths before rushing into a dilemma of which medical school to take would do you good. I am no one pick a career for you, but if you got the same grades twice, it's easy to assume that your strength may not lie in, say, medical. You probably want to shoot me for saying this when you're finally in university ::) But clear out any confusion in your head before proceeding forward. If medical IS what means the world to you, then go for it, give it all in your MCAT and be prepared to invest in a private medical college. If there's something else you actually wanna do, then it's trying to call you for a while now. :) Good luck!
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 08:57:22 am »
^That cleared out the doubts in my head. :D Thank you, awesomeness. <3

JazakAllah khair <3

Just one tiny question: My A-level grades won't affect my career, will it ? =S