Author Topic: ~ The last sermon ~  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
~ The last sermon ~
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:21:23 am »

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' (in Mecca) by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

After praising, and thanking Allah he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

May Allah (SWT) bless his soul and grant him Paradise, IA.
May He guide us all to the right path, IA. Ameen. :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
Re: ~ The last sermon ~
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:46:26 am »
The BEST man in the entire of this universe. His speech, his words and his messages are all full of kindness, wisdom and love. No one who KNEW Prophet Muhammed pbuh well enough would ever dare to hate him. I'm not saying that because I'm a Muslim, but I'm saying that because it is the truth.

"Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent example (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah." (Quran, 33:21)

Anyways, how about I post what NON-MUSLIMS who studied his life think of him? =]

1)Prophet MUHAMMAD, No. 1 The 100, a Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History by Michael H. Hart
http://www.amaana.org/ismailim.html

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential person may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels. It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. Furthermore, Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time. It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence, which I feel, entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history."

2)Hindu professor wrote the following about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):

"The personality of Muhammad! It is most difficult to get into the truth of it. Only a glimpse of it I can catch. What a dramatic succession of picturesque scenes. There is Muhammad the Prophet, there is Muhammad the General; Mohammad the King; Muhammad the Warrior; Muhammad the Businessman; Mohammad the Preacher; Mohammad the Philosopher; Mohammad the Statesman; Mohammad the Spokesperson; Mohammad the reformer; Muhammad the Refuge for orphans; Muhammad the Protector of slaves; Mohammad the Emancipator of woman; Muhammad the husband; Muhammad the father; Muhammad the educator; Muhammad the Law-giver; Muhammad the Judge; Muhammad the Saint and etc. In all these magnificent roles, in all these departments of human activities, he is like a hero! Orphan hood is an extreme form of helplessness and his life upon this earth began with it; Kingship is the height of material power and it ended with it! From an orphan boy to a persecuted refugee and then to an overlord, spiritual as well as temporal, of a whole nation and arbiter of its destinies, with all its trials and temptations, with all its vicissitudes and changes, its lights and shades, its ups and downs, its terror and splendor, he has withstood the fire of the world and came out unscathed to serve as a model in every face of life. His achievements are not limited to one aspect of life, but cover the whole field of human conditions."

3)Mahatma Gandhi, speaking on the character of Muhammad, (pbuh) says in (Young India):

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind. I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to this friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life."

4)Jules Masserman in "Who Were Histories Great Leaders?" TIME Magazine.
"People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on the other hand, and Alexander, Caesar on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all time was Mohammad, who combined all the three functions. To a lesser degree Moses did the same."

5)Dr. William Draper, M.D. L.L.D. in "History of Intellectual Development of Europe"

"Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born in Mecca, in Arabia, the man Muhammad, who of all men, has exercised the greatest influence upon the human race. To be the religious head of many empires, to guide the daily life of one-third of the human race, may perhaps justify the title of a Messenger of God."

6)Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.  There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years.  He is well-known in his field.  He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers.  In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists.  When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man.  He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate.  And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago.  You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature.  And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance.  There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

There are TOO MUCH QUOTES and it would take me AGES and AGES posting them.

You can find some here also >> http://www.faizani.com/soul_boosters/prophet_muhammad.html

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline GossipGirl

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:47:48 am »
Beautiful. Jazak Allah. <3
You Know You Love Me ..xoxo
                                     -Gossip Girl

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:52:54 am »
Mony: Beautiful. Simply, great.

Brought me to tears.

He truly is the best man in the entire universe, Masha Allah. (:

GG: Wa jazaki <3 Thank you fer reading. (:

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:08 am »
Mony: Beautiful. Simply, great.

Brought me to tears.

He truly is the best man in the entire universe, Masha Allah. (:

There are millions of quotes about Him and how much of a great man he is.

I hope that others stop judging Islam by the cover and get to open the book, read it and understand it very well then say their opinion. =]

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:37:36 am »
JazaAllah Khair romeesa-chan and mony-chan
reading it melted my heart....i feel great after reading this
thanks for sharing

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:09 pm »
There are millions of quotes about Him and how much of a great man he is.

I hope that others stop judging Islam by the cover and get to open the book, read it and understand it very well then say their opinion. =]

Masha Allah. I will be sharing more about him to my Dad, IA. :D

I hope so too because they are missing the honor of gaining knowledge about how great he was, MA.

JazaAllah Khair romeesa-chan and mony-chan
reading it melted my heart....i feel great after reading this
thanks for sharing

Thanks for reading, sis <3

Indeed, it was moving and touching. (:

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »
Thanks for sharing Romy and mony <3

People go on trying to prove islam wrong without even reading or understanding it first.
Indeed Prophet (PBUH) is the best and the perfect man.

I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.
True :)

If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 04:06:16 pm »
Thanks for sharing Romy and mony <3

People go on trying to prove islam wrong without even reading or understanding it first.
Indeed Prophet (PBUH) is the best and the perfect man.
True :)

Welcome! :D
Thanks fer reading! =]
He indeed is a great example fer mankind to follow, MA.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »
~ Muhammad (PBUH) The Perfect Model For Humanity ~

In the Name of Allah, The Compassionate, The Merciful

Great and sublime achievements can he manifest in different fields of human action, and so there are great figures in science and philosophy, in public service and generosity, in war, etc. But in whatever field, the greatness of such achievements is founded upon its generating raison d’être, just as the strength of the trunk of a tree is founded upon the strength of its roots. And, accordingly, the value, importance and enduring quality of this greatness lie in the potency of its grounds.

We affirm that true greatness is based on many pillars and essentials, of which the most important are these four:

First, the psychological and moral qualities of the individual. Second, the nobility and worth of the fundamental values initiated by the individual, and upon which the individual’s actions were based. Third, the extent of the realization of these fundamental values in actions by the individual. Fourth. the extent of the individual’s success in forming a well-qualified leading generation to shoulder the responsibility for maintaining those fundamentals and continuing to put them into effect.

Certainly, greatness cannot be comprehensive nor full unless it contains all of these four elements. In the pages that follow, we shall show the greatness of our Prophet Muhammad, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, in the light of these essential elements, depending for our demonstration on solid facts and historical evidence.

~The First Pillar

As to the first pillar, psychological and personal moral qualities, the authentic biographies of the Prophet teach us that he was the very pattern of excellence, the noblest exemplar. Before he was called to prophethood, he was a peerless example of the good youth, of complete purity. The people of his tribe called him ‘the Trustworthy . In a Jahili society, he did not drink wine, nor worshipped idols, nor sought amusement in improper ways, Not even those of his tribe who became mortal enemies after lie was called to prophethood. imputed any misconduct to him. He was affectionate to the poor, tender— hearted to the weak, and a supporter of the oppressed. That is why he took part in the Fudel pact in which some good people bound themselves to help the weak and oppressed and to recover their rights against abuse by the tyranny of tribal chieftains.

After his prophethood, ‘A’isha, the Mother of the Faithful, may Allah be pleased with her, described him in this way in a sound hadith: ‘His moral was the Qur’an itself’, meaning that the moral qualities mentioned in the Qur’in and the injunctions revealed by divine command, were all hamionized in his person. ‘A’isha also said that ‘Allah’s Messenger, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, never took revenge for himself unless the things made inviolate by Allah were violated; he then took revenge for Allah.”

After the Angel Gabriel appeared to the Prophet at the cave of Hira and he came home trembling to tell his wife Khadija about what had happened, she said: ‘By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you.

You keep good relations with your kith and kin, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving who have been affected by calamity.’

After these general remarks about the Prophet’s personal qualities, we shall now refer to four particular virtues, which no other great person has exhibited all together, especially not those who have enjoyed power.

A - Our Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, combined in a single personality the highest degrees of spirituality through diligent worship of Allah with the highest degree of industrious struggle and constructive effort for the service of mankind. He excelled in exerting himself to worship Allah and looking forward to the Day of judgement. He was sincere in his desire and diligent to please Allah. He gave charity in the cause of Allah without limit. Also he would stand in night prayer until his feet became swollen, and would fast continually, spending the nights and day s in hunger.

However, he dissuaded his Companions from uninterrupted fasting in this way’, lest it prove unbearable to them; he said: ‘As for me I spend the night [in a state such] that my Lord feeds me and provides me drink.’ Once, his wife ‘A’isha, the Mother of the Faithful, may Allah be pleased with her, asked him about his exertion in worship in spite of the fact that Allah had pardoned him for everything he had sent ahead or left behind. He replied: “Should I not be a thankful servant”? And in a sound hadith, he says: “If you knew what I know you would weep much and laugh little.”

Such diligence in worship did not prevent the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, from initiating the right action at the proper moment in all manner of administrative, legislative, economic, political and military affairs. The Hijra marked the beginning of the Islamic era, the Muslims were beset with many problems, in addition to their shortage of armed forces, as a result of their forced migration. Nevertheless, the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, seized the opportunity to intercept the great annual trade caravan returning from Syria under the leadership of Abu Sufyan. In consequence, the Prophet entered the battle of Badr in which he humbled the umibelievers of the Quray’sh and impressed upon the enemies of the Muslims a new respect and admiration. Later, in the battle of Uhud, victory turned into defeat when a group of archers deserted the position the Prophet had assigned to them, and the Muslims had to return to Madina greatly weakened. The Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, immediately prepared to enter upon a new battle, accompanied by only those who were with him at Uhud, to renew respect for the Muslims in the minds of the unbelievers. Their enemies were afraid and marched off toward Makka. Thereupon, the Muslims went back, led by the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, to Madina, their morale which had been damaged by defeat thus restored and having learnt an invaluable lesson for their future military affairs.

B - Humility, modesty and altruism are among the rarest of personal attributes among the great and eminent if they also enjoy supreme authority. The Prophet, despite the high solemnity of his state and the freely given reverence of his Companions, shunned all torms of pomp and appearances of pride such as, typically, characterize rulers, heads of state, and holders of high office. The Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, and his followers were the same in outward manner, in dress. in their attitude when seated, even in the physical work they undertook. For example, in the battle of the Trench, they personally took part in the digging and carrying. When travelling, the Prophet used to gather firewood to help his followers in preparing food, and he was so like any one of them that newcomers were unable to distinguish him among his followers in the mosque. Thus, it was normal to ask the question. ‘Which of you is Muhammad’?’ whereupon the Companions would point to the Prophet.

Of his modesty, a sound hadith reported by Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, records: “The Messenger of Allah, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, was more modest than the virgin behind the curtain [or in the apartment].”

Out of selflessness and concern for others the Prophet spent freely from his income from moneys, spoils of war, and gifts to himself, leaving literally next to nothing for his family. It is recorded that whenever he was given a vessel of milk as a gift, he would call the poorest of the Muslims, the ‘sitters on the bench’, to drink and he himself drank the remainder after them.

It as related from ‘A’isha, may Allah be pleased with her, that she said: “Never did the family of Muhammad, upon him be peace, eat their full of Harley-bread for three successive days.’

According to al-Bukhari and Muslim, the Prophet died in such a condition that his armour was pledged to a Jew.

The moral qualities of self-discipline and denial for others’ sake, is lacking among rulers and presidents who are accustomed — even in the so-called democratic and socialist regimes of our age —to taking exclusive possession of houses and means of transport and all other conveniences, as well as to piling up wealth by exploiting their positions of authority.

C - The Prophet’s submission to right is the third of his unique traits. Addressing Umar bin al- Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, who wanted to deal forcefully with a Jew who had come to the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, then in straitened circumstances, to demand payment of a debt, and had done so harshly, the Prophet said: ‘Let him be. for the creditor has the right to speak harshly.’

The Prophet’s unequalled forbearance, a quality especially rare among those who wield power, towards those who are uneducated and rude, is another demonstration of his submission to right. The incident is well-known of a bedouin who came to the Prophet and asked him for a gift (of money), and pulled at the Prophet’s collar until it chafed his neck. The Prophet showed extraordinary forbearance in responding to the bedouin and gave him what he asked despite his ill-manners.

D - The Prophet’s ideal life was characterized by full adherence in practice to the high moral standards he taught. There were no gaps between his words and his deeds.

Thus, he did not break an agreement with any of his enemies nor acted treacherously even if he feared treachery from them, nor did he engage in falsehood to obtain a victory in any of his battles. The sound hadith — ‘War is a stratagem’ does not by any means indicate an exception to this moral standard in politics. It indicates the permission in the actual business of battle, to disguise from an enemy such information as the size of one’s force or their deployment – for example, to marshal ranks for a battle in such a way as to show massive numbers or to make a din so that the enemy tears the imminent arrival of large reinforcements. An actual instance of this noble stratagem is how the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, would lead his forces in a direction different from his intended destination, in order to conceal that information from the enemy. That is no more than sound practical wisdom and security, and not a violation of high moral standards in politics and tactics.

An admirable tradition narrates this incident from the life of the Prophet. A polytheist, ‘Abdullah bin Sa’d bin Abi Sarh, apostatized after embracing Islam and defamed the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him. The Prophet ordered the Muslims, accordingly, after the conquest of Makka, to execute him. But he, ‘Abdullah, took refuge with ‘Uthman bin ‘Affan, his foster brother, may Allah be pleased with him, who took him to swear allegiance to the Prophet. The Prophet three times refused this allegiance, but then accepted it. After ‘Abdullah had departed, the Prophet, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, said: “Was there not among you any man who rose to kill him (i.e. ‘Abdullah) when I refused his allegiance?” They said: ‘Oh, Prophet of Allah! Why did you not make a sign?’ The Prophet said: “Prophets should not use tricks that deceive with the eyes.”

source: http://islamfuture.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/muhammad-pbuh-the-perfect-model-for-humanity/