Author Topic: ~ Did you know the facts about Prayer and Medical Science? ~  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."

Did you know the facts about Prayer and Medical Science?

• Medical science has proven the healing benefits of prayer.
• More than 60 medical schools in America are now teaching courses on religious and spiritual issues, including the benefits of prayer.
• The American Cancer Society sites the positive effect of prayer on physical health.

Medical benefits of ritualistic Muslim Prayer called Salaah or Salaat in Arabic

Salaat has been made compulsory on all believers in all situations. It is an activity which cannot be neglected under any circumstance. This obligation on us should not be regarded as a burden, but rather it should be cherished and appreciated. It is said that a pious person is one who enjoys their prayer.

The Muslims who reach the age of puberty (with exceptions of: menstruating, being to ill or experiencing post-partum bleeding) have to pray to Allah (SWT) minimum five times a day. This Arabic word "Salaah," doesn't only mean "prayer," because "pray" basically means to address a prayer to God or another deity, according to the Oxford Dictionary. "Salaah," is a word with a broad meaning, which doesn't only mean prayer, but also means goodness, righteousness and godliness. In Salaah, we not only ask from Allah (SWT) but we also thank Him, praise Him and at the same time receive guidance from Him. Salaah in the true sense is programming or conditioning. The prayer conditions us to stay away from forbidden and shameful actions, and encourages us to do righteous and sensible actions. Since we humans have no free will, this conditioning will help us and enable us to stay away from forbidden things, and enjoin on what is not forbidden. A healthy body requires three meals a day. Similarly, the spiritual soul requires five times Salaah a day.

Besides attaining spiritual upliftment from performing one's Salaat, one may also gain many physical and psychological benefits. Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) is recorded in a hadith (Ibn Majah) stating that prayer is a cure for many diseases. The wisdom in this claim can be understood when assessing the physical benefits of the act of prayer.

The process of performing Salaat expects certain movements and actions, these actions performed at least five times a day have been found to equate to jogging or walking at a rate of three miles an hour. This is a basic level of exercise strongly advocated by doctors and members of the medical fraternity on a whole. The importance of exercise is undeniable, with potential benefits to the cardiac, respiratory, skeletal and muscular system. The dynamics of Salaat contribute to the improvement of all of these systems, with specific emphasis on the muscular and cardiac systems. Before we delve into detail discussion,
it needs to be noted that the purpose of performing salaat should not be to obtain health benefits, but rather to fulfil a religious requirement. The fact that there are physical benefits associated with prayer comes as a blessing.

In Salaah, when we do Ruku that is: bow down, extra blood flows into the upper part of the body. The spine becomes supple and flexible, while the spinal nerves are nourished. This relieves backache and pain. This is a good posture for flatulence. Stretches lower back, thighs, and calves while blood gets pumped into the upper torso. Bowing position tones stomach muscles, abdomen and kidneys. When we come back to the standing position (after Ruku), the blood which has entered into the upper part of the body, comes back to normal and the body is relaxed. As a result, this blood carries away toxins and releases tension.

When we do Sujud, which is basically the prostration to the ground with our eight parts of the body touching the floor, the forehead in on the ground which is the best position of Salaah. It is the most relevant part of Salaah. Daily, the human beings are propounded by electrostatic charges from the atmosphere, which gets perspirated in the central nervous system, which gets super saturated. These extra electrostatic charges, have to be dissipated and discharged, otherwise you will have: headache, neck ache, muscles spasms, etc. No wonder people regularly take tranquillizers and drugs, to relieve the pain. These electrostatic charges are dissipated and discharged, when the frontal lobe of the brain is put on the ground, in sujud. There is dominance of the frontal lobe, and the thinking capacity of the brain is not on the top of the brain, but in the frontal lobe. In doing sujud, there is less chance of getting: headache, spasms, aches, etc due to the fact that the electrostatic charges are dissipated and discharged. Moreover, the sujud allows extra blood supply to enter the brain, which enables the brain to become more healthier, plus has a positive effect on the memory, vision, hearing, concentration and the psyche. In addition, extra blood flows into the skin, neck and face, which increases the circulation of the blood of the skin, neck and face, which is very healthy especially in the cold seasons. Also, allows mental toxins to be cleaned by blood. This is also very good for the brain. This prevents diseases, such as: Fibromyalgia (Fibrositis) and chilblains. During the sujud, there is drainage of the Paranasal sinuses, this there is less chances of getting sinusitis, which consists of inflammation of the linings of the sinuses that surround the nose. In certain forms of yoga, some adherents stand on their heads for the purpose of blood flowing to the brain, which we Muslims have been doing for centuries.

Iltemase dua.

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
Re: ~ Did you know the facts about Prayer and Medical Science? ~
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »
Awesomeness!! :D

I read a lot about the benefits of praying in many other places, but could you please post reference? I use the reference to always prove my point.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Amelia

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:38:25 pm »
Awesome facts.  :) I had read about them before but it was good of you to share it.  ;D

Also, it is said that Surah Al Fatiha is the cure for all diseases.

Abu Sulaiman says that once a group of Companions were in an expedition (ghazwa) when they happened to come across an epileptic person, who was unconscious. One of the Companions recited Surah Al-Fatiha and blew in his ear. The epileptic person immediately cured. When Sayyidana Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was informed of this, he said: “It (Surah Al-Fathiha) is “The Mother of the Qur’an” (Umm al-Qur’an) and is a cure for every disease.”

[This narration has been recorded by Ath-Thua’lbi from Abu Sulaiman, who narrated it from Muawiya bin Saleh (RA), Tafseer Mazhari 1:31]

Abu Sa`id Ar-Rafi` bin Al-Mu`alla (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?'' Then he (PBUH), took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He (PBUH) said, "It is `Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil `Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) which is As-Sab` Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oft-repeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me.''

[Al-Bukhari]

;)

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 05:49:39 pm »
Amazing :D

Allah has given us so much benefits in everything.

Thanks for sharing!

^ Yes, Surah-al-fatiha is said to be the cure for many diseases.

I have a book in which the benefits of various Surah, ayats and duas are mentioned, I'll share some :D
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Amelia

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 06:05:06 pm »
I have a book in which the benefits of various Surah, ayats and duas are mentioned, I'll share some :D

Sure do.  :)

Check this site out as well - http://loverofislam.webs.com/qurran.htm. It's so easy to enter heaven; and yet, we find it so difficult to do the tiny things that will open that 'door' for us.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:47 am »

I read a lot about the benefits of praying in many other places, but could you please post reference? I use the reference to always prove my point.
I got it as an e-mail.

I will search for the reference myself or I will call up my friend. (:

Thank yuh all fer reading! =]

EDIT: Mony, I couldn't find the exact site where I got this from.

Try this: http://www.islamicmedicine.org/medmiraclesofquran/medmiracleseng.htm#prayer

I will do a research myself fer each point mentioned soon, IA. ;)

After a long research, I got it from here: http://nature-oasis.blogspot.com/2011/07/prayer-for-healing.html :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:48:32 pm by Romeesa-Chan »

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:52:04 pm »
This is quite detailed but seems pretty good. :D

I am still reading it.  :P

Please do read and lemme know how it is: http://darulhikmat.com/Namaz%20-%20The%20Health%20Benefits.pdf

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 12:07:51 am »
You guyz want to know something? I hope u guyz already know about it....

The cure of all diseases is in our own house....in fact, in every muslim's house......in The Holy Qur'an.

Researchers r spending thousands of bucks to find cure for diseases such as cancer etc.

I have heard that a non-muslim who was having cancer listened to Surah-al-Rahman and he became free of this fatal disease. I don't know what kind of cancer he was affected with and in which place this incident happened but he later converted into and accepted Islam.

But i believe it works for those who read or listen to the verses of The Holy Qur'an with full concentration and belief in their heart that by doing so all their problems will be solved. Belief is a key factor in Islam.

The Holy Qur'an is a blessing. Make full use of it and INSHA ALLAH, ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA'ALA will solve all our problems, accept our worship and fast, fulfill our prayers and bless us with His most blessed blessings!!

Take care.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 12:12:42 am »
You guyz want to know something? I hope u guyz already know about it....

The cure of all diseases is in our own house....in fact, in every muslim's house......in The Holy Qur'an.

Researchers r spending thousands of bucks to find cure for diseases such as cancer etc.

I have heard that a non-muslim who was having cancer listened to Surah-al-Rahman and he became free of this fatal disease. I don't know what kind of cancer he was affected with and in which place this incident happened but he later converted into and accepted Islam.

But i believe it works for those who read or listen to the verses of The Holy Qur'an with full concentration and belief in their heart that by doing so all their problems will be solved. Belief is a key factor in Islam.

The Holy Qur'an is a blessing. Make full use of it and INSHA ALLAH, ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA'ALA will solve all our problems, accept our worship and fast, fulfill our prayers and bless us with His most blessed blessings!!

Take care.

So true. The Holy Quran truly is a blessing. :D

http://loverofislam.webs.com/qurran.htm

(^posted by Amelia) :D

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:27 am »
So true. The Holy Quran truly is a blessing. :D

http://loverofislam.webs.com/qurran.htm

(^posted by Amelia) :D

INSHAALLAH i will surely have a look at it. JAZAK ALLAH romeesa and Amelia.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 12:21:01 am »
INSHAALLAH i will surely have a look at it. JAZAK ALLAH romeesa and Amelia.

Wa jazaki <3

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:53 am »
Jazka Allah khair romeesa! :D

I'll +rep you twice for ALL your hard work!

Thanks A LOT sister for ALL your great and useful threads.  May Allah protect you, guide you and grant you paradise inshAllah. =]

@Lia and MKh, thank you for the info and links also. +rep =]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:28:10 am by Shoshou..Mony »

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 12:45:24 am »
Jazka Allah khair romeesa! :D

I'll +rep you twice for ALL your hard work!

Thanks A LOT sister for ALL your great and useful threads.  May Allah protect you, guide you and grant you paradise inshAllah. =]

Wa jazaki, sis <333 :D

More than glad to help! =] May Allah bless you too!

Thank yuh fer reading! :D