Author Topic: ~ Ramadan 2011 Official Thread ~  (Read 35179 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
~ Ramadan 2011 Official Thread ~
« on: July 15, 2011, 01:14:06 am »
Salam brothers and sisters! :D

Decided on making a thread on the coming of the Holy month of Ramadan! <333

16 days are left!!! :o :o :o (MA) So fast!!!

We can all share our knowledge/wisdom/stories related to the Holy Month: Hadiths regarding Ramadan to our fav. Ramadan timings/moments (mine will be Iftar) :P :D

~ The Significance of Ramadan

The fasting has great significance in Islam. Allah's messenger (pbuh) says, Allah, the Almighty has said: "Every act of man is for him except fasting, it is done for My (Allah's) sake and I will give reward for it. The breath of a faster is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk."

The most important thing which makes the month of Ramadan more significant is that it is the month of Qur'an. The Holy Qur'an has clearly pointed out this aspect: The month of Ramadan, in which was sent down the Qur'an. Thus we come to the conclusion that the fasting of Ramadan is made compulsory commemorating the revelation of the Holy Qur'an as a guidance to the whole mankind. That is why when the holy month of Ramadan comes Allah gives his servants all opportunities to increase good deeds by giving multiplied rewards for their deeds and accepting their repentance. It is reported from the Prophet (pbuh) that "When Ramadan starts, the gates of paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the Satans are chained." That means in this month Allah will deny the normal access of Satans to the deeds of the believers so that they can come closer and closer to Allah. The Prophet (pbuh) has said in the meaning: "woe to one, Ramadan reached to him but he could not use it for forgiveness of his sins."

Unlike other forms of worship, the fasting is a hidden 'ibadat'. All religious duties except fasting are performed by some outward movement or other. For instance, in salah a man stands, sits and does ruku and sajadah which is visible to every body. Zakat is given to the poor people and in the Hajj also everybody know it. But fasting is a ibadat which is not manifest. Only Allah knows it that is why Allah said what I quoted in the beginning of this article. Fasting is linked with true faith in Allah. See what firm conviction he has in the fact that no action of his can be concealed from Allah though it may be concealed from the whole world. How his heart is full of fear of God, that he under goes a severe agony but simply out of fear of Him does not do anything which will result in breaking his fast. How profound is his belief in the reward and punishment of the Hereafter that for full one month he fasts. Had he the slightest doubt about the future life where reward and punishment will be meted out, he could have never completed his fast. When doubt arises it is not possible for a man to stick to his resolve of not eating and drinking anything in obedience to God's commandment.

Fasting is also a training for the servant to aspire to the hereafter since by fasting, he gives up some of the worldly matters looking for to Allah's reward; this is because he measures the profit in the terms of the condition in the Hereafter.

Fasting is also a practical embodiment of submission and servitude to Allah. Fasting is a protection for the servant from hell fire. The Prophet has said : "Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allah, Allah will keep his face away from hell fire 70 years" .. If such is the reward for fasting one day, what about fasting the whole Ramadan?!

Fasting is a protection against passions. The Prophet (PBUH) said: "He who can afford to marry should marry, because it will help him refrain from looking at other women, and save him from committing illegal sexual relations, and he who cannot afford to marry is advised to fast, as fasting is like a rein preventing him from illicit pleasure."

Fasting is a means to paradise. It is reported that once a companion of the Prophet (PBUH) came and asked: O Prophet of Allah, command me to a deed which will benefit me in front of Allah. The Prophet (PBUH) said: Observe the fast as it has no equal deed. The Prophet (PBUH) has also taught us that there is a special gate called 'Rayyan', through which only the fasters would enter. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it. Fasting intercedes for the faster in the day of judgement. The Prophet (PBUH) said: Fasting and Qur'an will intercede for the servant on the Day of Resurrection, fasting will say "My Lord, because of me he was prohibited food and satisfaction of desire at the day time, so accept my intercession for him". The Qur'an will say: "I prevented him from sleep at night, so accept my intercession for him, and their intercession will be accepted."

Fasting is an expiation of sins. The Prophet (PBUH) has said: The affliction of a person in his property, family and neighbours is expiated by his prayers fasting and giving in charity. Whoever fasts the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven. "The five daily prayers, between a Friday prayer and another, between the month of Ramadan and another, are expiations of the sins committed in between if the great sins are abstained from."

Fasting is a cause of happiness both in this life and in the Hereafter. The Prophet (PBUH) says: the one who observes fast has two moments of (unparalleled) Joy, One when he breaks his fast and the other when he meets his Lord. As to his first moment of joy it is an example of happiness and delight which the Believer finds as a result of being obedient, and pious towards his Master, and that is genuine happiness.

Thus we can see that the prescribed institution of fasting is a very important and significant form of worship for a believer which will help him to enter the paradise free from all mistakes and sins.

source: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/ibadah/the_significance_of_ramadan.html

May Allah (SWT) grant us all the ability to keep the fast of Ramadhaan wholeheartedly and may He grant us the ability to reap the rewards of this blessed month, do not let even one second go to waste my and brothers sisters, as we never know that second may be our last.

Ameen. :D

Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
  • ~ I wish my dream comes true ~
Re: ~ Ramadan 2011 ~
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:17:28 am »
Awesome Thread! +rep :D
Ameen :)
may Allah guide us all to the right path.. inshAllah :)

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:58:24 am »
JazakiAllah khair Romeesa! This thread is REALLY AWESOME.=]

Anyways, here is something Roxy aka spiderman posted in 2009. I found it VERY USEFUL so I'll re-post it.

RAMADHAN CHALLENGE?

Ok, I came up with a ramadhan challenge among other ramadhan activities you have planned inshaAllah.This is the fun. It is to recite the WHOLE QURAN in the WHOLE OF RAMADHAN. Ok so the challenge works like this:

Challenge yourself this ramadhan to become more active in reciting the Quran. Ponder on it and reflect. This is the whole idea about ramadhan right? Don't just recite it mechanically...NOOOOO WAAAAAAYYYYY!!! This is why its called a challenge. You read Quran everyday right? So why not earn extra reward by pondering on the words of Allah? Allah is talking to YOU! So listen and ponder. If you start now, it will be easy for you to continue this after ramadhan. Plus if you are gonna recite the WHOLE QURAN in ramadhan then it means that you are pondering on the WHOLE QURAN WOW!! Trust me ramadhan is the best time.

Simply keep track of your reciting in a diary for everyday of the month and record what lessons you have learnt while you were pondering on Allah's words. Now, you may think how is this possible?! Its VERY possible...this is how:

Steps to reciting the whole Quran in Ramadhan and pondering on the words:

1) Make a sincere intention that you want to complete the Quran
2) Set yourself a goal, ie: I aim to recite thoe whole qurah this month, then print out your goal and stick it on your wall, frigde, bed....
3) Start reciting from Surah-alFatiha (Systematic recitation)
4) Recite 5 pages after every salah except maghrib (Because of breaking fast, taraweeh etc) So ie, after Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Isha, Witr or maybe night prayer.
5) Ponder on the pages you read. (20 pages a day: Thats a complete Juzz)

There are 604 pages so if you are reading 5 pages after 4 salahs every day by the end of the month you would have recited 600 pages, so you can do the 4 extra pages somewhere.

5 pages times 4 salahs times 30 days = 600 check it out....so fit in 4 extra pages.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! Did you know that could be done? Look how easy it is. By only spending a few mins after 4 salahs you can do this. WHAT AN INVESTMENT!!

REMEMBER:

EACH LETTER YOU READ IS 10 REWARDS. WHAT ABOUT A WORD? WHAT ABOUT A LINE? WHAT ABOUT A PAGE? WHAT ABOUT A JUZZ? IMAGINE THE ENTIRE QURAN THEN?

SO HOW MANY REWARDS DO YOU WANT TO ATTAIN FROM ALLAH? I KNOW WHAT I WOULD GO FOR....THE MAXIMUM OFCOURSE.

Jazakumullahu khairan for your time.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:19 am »
Lesson 7 ~ Ramadan

Ramadan is a beautiful month. In it, we all feel inner peace and closer to Allah. It's this one month of the year where you feel nothing distracts you. It's the month we ALL join together and unite for good deeds.

Indeed whoever misses this month is a total loser.

It's the month where we all wash ourselves from sins and the bad habits.

To all the people who have the intention of changing, then try doing so in Ramadan. Last Ramadan was a very special one for me because in it I turned into the person I am now alhamdolilah. Allah guided me and I no longer followed Islam without understanding it, I started following Islam and LIVING with it.

And trust me when I tell you it leads to nothing but a better life and true happiness.
You can all go on asking the old members which was better? The Shoshou..Mony 2 years back or the Shoshou..Mony now? They'd all say the new one. I am the same fun person but only that I changed my way of living and thinking. Alhamdolilah, I never felt much comfort and much success in my life until I did that.

Islam is a WAY of living. Write down ALL your bad habits and decide that in Ramadan you'd have the change. In psychology, it is said that it takes 21 days to change a habit in your life, but I believe that in the month of Ramadan it takes much less time than that, and so even if you fail to not accomplish what you wanted to do..this doesn't mean you give up in anyway or stop trying. The chance of mastering something from the first shot is almost non-existing so let's all be realistic and get the 'I'm down or I'm a loser' thoughts out of our heads and make it a habit to ALWAYS STAY OPTIMISTIC.

Start writing your plan from NOW! Yes, now not tomorrow and not after 15 mins! Keep jotting down the ideas you have for this Ramadan and what are your plans. Are you planning to volunteer by going out to feed the people in the streets? Are you going to give dates and water? Are you going to stop being angry, selfish, mean and rude with other people and this includes your family? Will you put on the smiling face everyday? Will say the azkar and tasabeeh on daily basis? Will you kiss your mom and dad everyday and thank them for what they did to you?

We are young and on the day of judgement we will be asked about our health and our time! Don't waste your time watching the series or the tv, but rather spend it on something more useful.

This Ramadan might be your last. We can't guarantee we'll be making it to the next Ramadan, so this time we'll make the BEST OF IT and not waste our hours inshAllah. =]

Together, as brothers and sisters, we will encourage and motivate each other isa, also make use of FB and perhaps share the knowledge we are speaking about with your friends. Just remember, you won't be entering paradise alone, but we will be entering paradise as 'groups' of people, so always make sure to spread the message of Allah to those you love and don't love and the reward will be much higher. =]

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:17:40 am by SpongeBob-Mony »

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:32:55 am »
Thank you romee for sharing, I  really like it +rep

May Allah protect us from all the sins.

And mony again great lesson so now I owe you 2 + reps including one from the previous lesson ;)

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:28:53 am »
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, Bestower of Mercy

“(It is) the month of Ramadan in which the Qur’an was revealed as a guidance for mankind, clear proofs giving guidance, and the Criterion (for distinguishing right and wrong). So whoever of you witnesses this month, let him fast it.” [2:185]

The month of Ramadan, the blessed month in which the Qur’an was revealed, is now upon us. To mark the significance of this momentous occasion – the revelation of the Qur’an – we fast during the day and pray at nights, particularly Laylat al-Qadr, the night the Qur’an was revealed, as Allah tells us:

“We sent it down on a Blessed Night: We have ever been sending warnings.” [44:3]

The reward for fasting and praying in this month is so great, that the Prophet SAW states, “Whoever fasted the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping for reward, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayer on Laylat al-Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping for reward, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.” [Agreed Upon]

And he states, “Whoever prayed at night during it (Ramadan) out of sincere faith and hoping for reward, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.” [Agreed Upon]

These are three opportunities that we have been given to attain forgiveness for all our sins. The spiritual doctors of the heart are in agreement that fasting softens the heart, making it more receptive and humble to the recitation of the Qur’an. Perhaps this is the wisdom that links together fasting and night prayer, the two most distinctive acts of worship in this month.

It is important to note that our relationship with the Qur’an in this month should not be limited to just the nightly Tarawih prayers, we must devote ourselves to studying the Qur’an outside of prayer as well.

Ibn ‘Abbas narrates, saying, “The Messenger of Allah (SAW) was the most generous person, and he would be at his most generous in Ramadan because Jibril would come to him every night and he would study the Qur’an with him. Truly, when Allah’s Messenger (SAW) would meet Gabriel, he would be more generous than a fleeting wind.” [Agreed Upon]

Additionally, al-Bukhari reports from Fatima that the Prophet (SAW) told her in the last year of his life, “Jibril used to revise the Qur’an with me once every year, but this year he has revised it with me twice. I do not suspect but that my time has come. And you shall be the first of my household to join me.”
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:39:11 am by Crooked »
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 10:32:08 am »
JazakiAllah khair Romeesa! This thread is REALLY AWESOME.=]

Anyways, here is something Roxy aka spiderman posted in 2009. I found it VERY USEFUL so I'll re-post it.

JazakAllah khair fer sharing this, Mony!

It is absolutely AMAZING, MA. (Y)

I made my intention to finish the Holy Quran in Ramadan. This was an amazing amazing great tip!!! :D

God bless Roxy aka spider man fer sharing this with all!!! :D

Lesson 7 ~ Ramadan

Ramadan is a beautiful month. In it, we all feel inner peace and closer to Allah. It's this one month of the year where you feel nothing distracts you. It's the month we ALL join together and unite for good deeds.

Indeed whoever misses this month is a total loser.

It's the month where we all wash ourselves from sins and the bad habits.

To all the people who have the intention of changing, then try doing so in Ramadan. Last Ramadan was a very special one for me because in it I turned into the person I am now alhamdolilah. Allah guided me and I no longer followed Islam without understanding it, I started following Islam and LIVING with it.

And trust me when I tell you it leads to nothing but a better life and true happiness.
You can all go on asking the old members which was better? The Shoshou..Mony 2 years back or the Shoshou..Mony now? They'd all say the new one. I am the same fun person but only that I changed my way of living and thinking. Alhamdolilah, I never felt much comfort and much success in my life until I did that.

Islam is a WAY of living. Write down ALL your bad habits and decide that in Ramadan you'd have the change. In psychology, it is said that it takes 21 days to change a habit in your life, but I believe that in the month of Ramadan it takes much less time than that, and so even if you fail to not accomplish what you wanted to do..this doesn't mean you give up in anyway or stop trying. The chance of mastering something from the first shot is almost non-existing so let's all be realistic and get the 'I'm down or I'm a loser' thoughts out of our heads and make it a habit to ALWAYS STAY OPTIMISTIC.

Start writing your plan from NOW! Yes, now not tomorrow and not after 15 mins! Keep jotting down the ideas you have for this Ramadan and what are your plans. Are you planning to volunteer by going out to feed the people in the streets? Are you going to give dates and water? Are you going to stop being angry, selfish, mean and rude with other people and this includes your family? Will you put on the smiling face everyday? Will say the azkar and tasabeeh on daily basis? Will you kiss your mom and dad everyday and thank them for what they did to you?

We are young and on the day of judgement we will be asked about our health and our time! Don't waste your time watching the series or the tv, but rather spend it on something more useful.

This Ramadan might be your last. We can't guarantee we'll be making it to the next Ramadan, so this time we'll make the BEST OF IT and not waste our hours inshAllah. =]

Together, as brothers and sisters, we will encourage and motivate each other isa, also make use of FB and perhaps share the knowledge we are speaking about with your friends. Just remember, you won't be entering paradise alone, but we will be entering paradise as 'groups' of people, so always make sure to spread the message of Allah to those you love and don't love and the reward will be much higher. =]

As always, GREAT lesson!!! Masha Allah!!!

JazakAllah khair, sister <333

May Allah bless you!!! :D

@Crooky- JazakAllah khair fer sharing such beautiful hadiths!

Keep posting!!! :D

IA, I will find more informative stuffs to post! :D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
My name is Shabaan. Im advising you that my neighbour Ramadan will be visiting you very soon with his wife Sawm and two kids Suhur and Iftar.They will be accompanied by three grandchildren: Rahma (mercy), Maghfirah (forgiveness) & Tawba (repentance). They will leave after 30 days by EID Airlines.Treasure them & you will be blessed!If I ever hurt you or have said anything to upset you, please find it in your heart to forgive me,may we all come out of Ramadan in a better state we were in before it, Ameen! :D

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 11:32:32 am »
My name is Shabaan. Im advising you that my neighbour Ramadan will be visiting you very soon with his wife Sawm and two kids Suhur and Iftar.They will be accompanied by three grandchildren: Rahma (mercy), Maghfirah (forgiveness) & Tawba (repentance). They will leave after 30 days by EID Airlines.Treasure them & you will be blessed!If I ever hurt you or have said anything to upset you, please find it in your heart to forgive me,may we all come out of Ramadan in a better state we were in before it, Ameen! :D
Beautiful, MashAllah.

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 11:42:31 am »
beautiful and really amazing
thank you so much for sharing this with us
may Allah bless you

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 08:57:15 pm »
~Important Reminder!
*1- Don't let a day pass without [Reading the Quran with meaning]
*2- Don't let a day pass without [Learning something new about Islam]
*3- Don't let a day pass without [Making Tawbaa]
*4- Don't let a day pass without [Thanking Allaah Subhanahuwa Ta'ala]
*5- Don't let a day pass without [Giving anything for Charity even simply a Smile :D]

~The special reward for fasting

Narrated Sahl: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who fast will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, “Where are those who used to fast?” They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 31, Number 120]

~Finished listening to this:
http://www.sayedammar.com/RAMA%202006%20POP%20OUT/ramadhan2006popp.html
Good stuff, MA. :D

Edit: Am I the only one excited fer Ramadan?  >:(

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »
No, yuh are not the only one. I am sad i won't be spending this year's Ramadan in Jeddah. :( London doesn't even come close to R of Ramadan of Jeddah. :(

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 09:21:52 pm »
No, yuh are not the only one. I am sad i won't be spending this year's Ramadan in Jeddah. :( London doesn't even come close to R of Ramadan of Jeddah. :(

Thank God. :D

Awwwwww!!!! =[

I am sad my Dad isn't here to spend Ramadan with us. =[

I will give yuh company! :P Worry not! ;) Main ho na! :D

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »
Thank God. :D

Awwwwww!!!! =[

I am sad my Dad isn't here to spend Ramadan with us. =[

I will give yuh company! :P Worry not! ;) Main ho na! :D
Aww. :( Don't worry. Everything happens fer the best. :(

LOOOOOOL. I'll be too busy with Uni, work, namaaz, Quran, etc. :o

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »
Aww. :( Don't worry. Everything happens fer the best. :(

LOOOOOOL. I'll be too busy with Uni, work, namaaz, Quran, etc. :o
I know! Alhamdulillah! :D

Lol. :P I didnt say I will be sticking to yuh. I am more busy ladki. 8)

Wait. Yuh work? :o