Author Topic: BIOLOGY AS 2011-2012  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Smileforlife

BIOLOGY AS 2011-2012
« on: June 28, 2011, 11:31:40 pm »
hey, Currently im doing AS biology and studying during summer i need notes for unit 4 ( biodiversity and natural resources).. please! and is there any questions about unit 4 i can find without past paper bec. i havent covered hardly anything yet ^_^  ? thanks

please help,
much appreciation ::)
im totally confused

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: BIOLOGY AS 2011-2012
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:59:49 pm »
Don't Double post ,It's against the Rules !
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Smileforlife

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 07:45:36 pm »
against the rules :/ ? sorry i had no knowledge, but do u have an answer to my question (post ) please thanks!

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 08:26:16 pm »
I can't help you but I'll let my friends who took Bio help you find what you need inshAllah :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:32:27 pm by The Golden Girl »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:30:36 pm »
This is only what I have and can you specifiy which board? This is for edexcel though  :-\

Biodervisity (attached)

And about questions without past papers...try the exam wizard questions
here: https://studentforums.biz/pastpapers/edexcel-examwizard-questions-for-as-a2-uints-for-bio-phy-chem/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:32:17 pm by ang3l »
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 10:52:52 pm »
Hi Smileforlife, if u r preparing for ur Edexcel AS bio this summer, here r a few suggestions from me:
-First of all get a copy of the main specification which is available to download on the Edexcel website www.edexcel.com.
-If u r an international candidate, also get a copy of the 'international written alternative to practical' specification which is also available to download on the edexcel site - this refers to unit 7 (also called unit 3B).
-For AS Bio, u will b having exactly 3 exams - Unit 1 (which consists of Topic 1 and Topic 2), Unit 2 (which consists of Topic 3 and Topic 4) and either Unit 3 (if u r a home candidate) or Unit 7 (if u r an international candidate). All of this is explained in the spec. itself.
-Get the right textbook. By this i mean, the one which covers the spec. in full. Usually the one endorsed by the board itself (in this case Edexcel) is a very suitable and recommended one to study from.
-Read and understand the spec. Make sure u understand the spec. requirements. Make sure u cover the relevant details of each spec. point from the textbook (and revision guide also - if u hav one).
-Get the revison guide. Actually this is not a requirement but it doesn't hurt to have and use one. Does it? Many candidates use a revision guide for getting extra help. You don't want to b left back. Do u? The Edexcel board endorses a revison guide for AS Biology. It is written by the senior examiners at Edexcel. It contains many tips by the senior examiners. It also looks back at the commom mistakes done by A-level candidates in exam scripts so that we can avoid them. Moreover, it contains many questions for extra practice.

Now, one last suggestion that i can give u my friend is that DO NOT underestimate A-levels and also that A-levels test more of our 'application of knowledge' than 'knowledge' alone therefore u hav to make sure u 'know' how to apply ur knowledge to unfamiliar contexts and situations as this is what Edexcel will b testing us on mostly in our A-level exams. For this, practice answering as many questions as u can. You will hav to improve ur 'answering technique'. Edexcel and other A-level board examiners hav become tired of candidates mostly 'not answering the questions being asked'. Make sure u answer the questions being asked and not simply pick out key words from the question and assume what is being asked. Here is what i heard from a candidate: even if u take your textbooks to the examination hall and ur answering technique is poor, u will b awarded a grade 'C' or 'D' therefore improve ur answering technique by practicing past exam question papers and questions given in the textbook and revision guide and also by practicing any other questions and worksheets u get ur hands on.

If u find difficulty in anything and think that i can help u, do post ur questions. Happy summer!  :)

Wishing u all the best for ur future,
MKh.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 04:42:12 am »
MKh has pretty much covered everything. (Y) :D

I have a few notes here. Hope they will be useful. :D

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/edexcel_snab_topic_4_unit_2_revision_notes_biodiversity_and_natural_resources

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/edexcel_biology_unit_4_revision_notes

You can use this textbook for reference:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57141962/Edexcel-Biology-for-A2-Edexcel-Text-Book

Good luck, dear!  ;D

Lemme know if you need anything more! :D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:01:06 am by Romeesa Chan »
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.