Author Topic: use of pencil for drawing table in qn. no. 2 of edexcel bio unit 6b??  (Read 1200 times)

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Hey guys i just wanted to clear this doubt.....in edexcel A2 biology unit 6b, in question number 2, for drawing the table to present raw data from investigations do we have to use a pencil? In the front cover of this exam paper, one of the materials needed to do the exam is pencil so that means we have to use it for drawing the graph but do we also have to use a pencil for drawing the table and also writing within it? i have heard that when our exam scripts are scanned, the grey colour of pencils do not show up well, that is why i asked....so if anyone knows about it, do tell me....of course i will draw the graph with a pencil and i m thinking about drawing the table and writing within it with a pencil as well....good luck and Thanks all....

elemis

Use a dark pencil. A very dark pencil.

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
hmmm... that means an HB pencil ryt? k Thanks a lotz:)

Offline coatseville

I ordered one of my papers back and the pencil shows up really clearly on the scanner so you don't need to worry too much! as long as its not really really faint :)
Plus on the front of the paper it says that any graphs or diagrams should be done in pencil!

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
thank u dear!

Offline abuelzouz

• SF Citizen
i will lose marks if i use pen?!!

Offline ksitna

• Allhamdullillah
  • SF Geek
i used pen in my unit 3 :/
and i have been told to do so
would i lose marks for that as well?
take whatever you want and give nothing back :)

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
nops....the Edexcel board scans the question papers....ur pen appears dark enough to be seen and so does a pencil unless it is very faint as sum1 above said...anywayz there are many safeguards to ensure papers are checked accurately despite the ground-breaking epan technology.