Author Topic: How do i prepare for CIE Biology and Chemistry paper 5  (Read 2023 times)

Offline idrees

How do i prepare for CIE Biology and Chemistry paper 5
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »
Hey

Okay, so I am really struggling with my paper 5. I don't know how to go about answering the questions. It's as if you need to think in a completely different way when it comes to applying knowledge to Practical questions and my school hasn't prepared us for it.
Does any one have any tips/suggestions to help answer the questions? I could really use the help esp. with chemistry.

Offline Aadeez || Zafar

• SF Master
  • Knowledge, Chaapppar Phad kay
Re: How do i prepare for CIE Biology and Chemistry paper 5
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
for this u atleast need to spend 4-5 hours in lab and try to analyse ur reuslut and also try to design ur practical by ur own,,telll ur teacher to help with this

Yeh BaaabuRaao ka style hein!

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 01:55:20 pm »
Hey

Okay, so I am really struggling with my paper 5. I don't know how to go about answering the questions. It's as if you need to think in a completely different way when it comes to applying knowledge to Practical questions and my school hasn't prepared us for it.
Does any one have any tips/suggestions to help answer the questions? I could really use the help esp. with chemistry.

Have you given "Alternate to practicals in your IGCSE/GCSE/O-LEVEL" then it would be very easy for you. That's what Mr. Must has done. You need to think in a very practical manner. You need to imagine that you are performing practical and need to predict the results what you would have got when you were performing the real practical. You are not performing it so you need to practice this a lot. If you don't understand this then ask your teachers to give you A2-Practical booklet. This teaches how to prepare for Paper 5. If you teacher has the teachers booklet then ask your teacher to help you with that booklet.

Offline thecandydoll

• SF Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:42:08 pm »
Anyone has any resources?