Author Topic: A-LEVEL SUBJECTS HELP !  (Read 1573 times)

Offline TJ-56

• SF Citizen
A-LEVEL SUBJECTS HELP !
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:11:47 pm »
Im currently self studying A-Level Maths, physics and chemistry. I already finished studying math, and im studying physics. I was told that Physics a-level (CIE) is too difficult to be studied alone, and there are no teachers good enough to teach me here where i live. And i was told to drop physics, and study mechanics a-level (mathematics) (paper 4 and 5 CIE). Im not sure if the universities i am applying for, or any unis for that matter, will consider the 2 papers of mechanics a-level maths another a-level (1 chemistry, 1 math a level with statistics p6 and p7, and 1 mechanics p5 and p4). i rly need help asap pls on what i should do, time is running out and i dont know what to do. thanx for any help or suggestions in advance.

elemis

Re: A-LEVEL SUBJECTS HELP !
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:50:18 am »
Go to school ??

Offline TJ-56

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:18:07 am »
Go to school ??

Thanx for the suggestion,but the problem is my school or any school here, dont offer a-level. THE ONLY THING I NEED TO KNOW IS THAT DO UNIS CONSIDER 2 MECHANICS PAPERS (P4 AS & P5 A2 CIE) ANOTHER SUBJECT? INSTEAD OF PHYSICS?
THANX

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:46:40 pm »
Do you mean you wont get a full AS or A2 qualification?

Offline TJ-56

• SF Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »
Do you mean you wont get a full AS or A2 qualification?

Sorry, but i didnt understand ur question. Can u clarify pls?
I have done Math, phy chem and ICT AS level.
My school doesnt offer A2, so im self studying.
I want to take phy chem and math to A2 level. I finished studying math A2, pure and  statistics (p3 and p7 respectively). im studying physics now. but someone told me that its way too hard to be studied alone, and there are no tutors where im living. i was told to drop physics and study AS and A2 papers of mechanics of mathematics instead. So i just want to know whether unis consider these 2 papers of mechanics a replacement for physics or not??
thanx in advance

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 09:49:42 pm »
I think unis dont care much about the difference between maths and physics if you are studying physics. Maths is THE gold standard subject and pretty much trumps everything else so mechanics is ok.. If you are studying maths they would be a bit more cynical about a physics A level.

Offline TJ-56

• SF Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 11:59:48 am »
I think unis dont care much about the difference between maths and physics if you are studying physics. Maths is THE gold standard subject and pretty much trumps everything else so mechanics is ok.. If you are studying maths they would be a bit more cynical about a physics A level.
Thanks for ur reply, i really appreciate the help.
So u think it would be adequate to do so? math alevel with statistics and mechanics alevel as well as chemistry, without physics?

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »
Yes it is adequate.

Offline TJ-56

• SF Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:59 pm »
Yes it is adequate.

And ill be doing just that.
Thanx alot for ur help and advice astar, much appreciated.