Author Topic: Final Exams Oct/Nov  (Read 1922 times)

Offline The InViSiBlE GIrl (Eva)

• SF Master
  • YOU'RE NOBODY UNTIL YOU'RE TALKED ABOUT!! XOXO
Final Exams Oct/Nov
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:49 pm »
Hey guys i have a question for all of you taking A-levels currently.

Is it possible to do the complete A-levels portion in 7-8 months time given that the person is extremely hardworking and smart as well???

Since you guys must be preparing for your prelims or the may/june exams for the As-level, how do u feel the portion is compared to what we did for O-levels?? Is it doable???
LiFe Is NoT tHe MeAsUrE oF tHe NuMbEr Of BrEaDtHs We TaKe, BuT rAtHeR oF tHe MoMeNtS tHaT tOoK oUr BrEaDtHs AwAy <3 LIFE :-D

elemis

Re: Final Exams Oct/Nov
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:11 am »
Depends on the subjects to be honest.

In my opinion something like chemistry or maths is doable but you would need a tutor/help from a school teacher.

O levels are nothing compared to A levels.... Nothing at all.

Alpha

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:29 am »
Agree with Ari. Don't underestimate the A Levels.

elemis

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:49:31 am »
You may have got As and A*s in you igcses but that counts for nothing in the a levels.

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:59:11 pm »
Hey guys i have a question for all of you taking A-levels currently.

Is it possible to do the complete A-levels portion in 7-8 months time given that the person is extremely hardworking and smart as well???

Since you guys must be preparing for your prelims or the may/june exams for the As-level, how do u feel the portion is compared to what we did for O-levels?? Is it doable???

I know a person who had 3 subjects and managed to get 2A's and a B in just 6 months. It all depends on yer dedication and hard-work. That person had Business Studies, Accounting and Economics as the subjects, By the way.

Portion fer the AS level is much more advanced than of IGCSE, but it's simpler than A2. A2 is pretty horrible. :D

Best of luck, anyway. :D
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

• SF Master
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:47:52 am »
Thanks Ari, Alpha, and Crooked, i know the A-levels is much harder than the O-levels.

As i said i only have 7-8 months to prepare and the subjects i will be taking are:
Chemistry
Biology
Mathematics
English
and maybe physics
Do u think if i take these subjects they r doable in the time span that i have?? I might get some teacher help but mainly i will be studying on my own.

LiFe Is NoT tHe MeAsUrE oF tHe NuMbEr Of BrEaDtHs We TaKe, BuT rAtHeR oF tHe MoMeNtS tHaT tOoK oUr BrEaDtHs AwAy <3 LIFE :-D

elemis

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:46 am »
No, that would be a silly thing to do. Answering all of them together would mean suicide. You wont get the grades you need.

Offline randycmb

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »
you gotta be kidding me :O all that in 8 months? hehe even if you are a bloody genius you still wont be able to..iam from srilanka.m doing GCE a levels.i hope your doing the same or else just ignore this xD

• SF Master
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 07:45:04 am »
No, that would be a silly thing to do. Answering all of them together would mean suicide. You wont get the grades you need.

oh well thats very encouraging. Thanks though! :-\ :-\

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 12:57:25 pm »
Thanks Ari, Alpha, and Crooked, i know the A-levels is much harder than the O-levels.

As i said i only have 7-8 months to prepare and the subjects i will be taking are:
Chemistry
Biology
Mathematics
English
and maybe physics
Do u think if i take these subjects they r doable in the time span that i have?? I might get some teacher help but mainly i will be studying on my own.

The subjects yer opting fer require lots of practise and dedication. Especially, Mathematics and Chemistry.

Giving A levels in simply 8 months will not be a good option. In A levels, yuh shouldn't only memorize stuff but create a new, strong personality within yuh. Best of luck, anyway. :D
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

elemis

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 01:44:28 pm »
oh well thats very encouraging. Thanks though! :-\ :-\

I speak the truth.

Doing AS Level English and AS Level CIE Math is very possible.

For the others.... I dont know. Consider answering some AS Level exams in May and other in October.

• SF Master
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 04:00:01 pm »
The subjects yer opting fer require lots of practise and dedication. Especially, Mathematics and Chemistry.

Giving A levels in simply 8 months will not be a good option. In A levels, yuh shouldn't only memorize stuff but create a new, strong personality within yuh. Best of luck, anyway. :D

Thanks!

• SF Master
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »
I speak the truth.

Doing AS Level English and AS Level CIE Math is very possible.

For the others.... I dont know. Consider answering some AS Level exams in May and other in October.

That sounds like a better option. Do u think the english portion is doable in 6 months??
cause what im planning to do is start A-levels this jan. Although regular kids will be starting to study for their A2 levels and i will join them. Then in june i will go back to the AS levels with the new batch of kids. So i will end up doing some of the 12th grade portion on my own. Cause this is the only way i can save on my year.
Sounds confusing but i think i have it figured out now.
Just let me know about the English portion though.Thanks