Author Topic: Happy National Day UAE - 40th Anniversary =D  (Read 11925 times)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Happy National Day UAE - 40th Anniversary =D
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:20:32 pm »
Okay I just couldn't wait till the 2nd December ::)

I just LUV UAE <3  :-* :-*

3ogball 10000000000000000000000 sana :P :D :D ;D

Guys have fun on Thursday ;D ;)

Here is a song I just ADORE so much <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJOi1TUHwk

At 3:49   -> you'll be seeing that LOADS on the 2nd of December ::)

JOIN the nearest Marsh to your house by FOOT or CAR ;D :D :D D: :) ;)

UAE's Founder - His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan AlNahyan ;

~ Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan AlNahyan ~

Sheikh Zayed was born in 1918 and named after his grandfather("Zayed the Great"), Sheikh Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, who ruled Abu Dhabi from 1855 to 1909. He grew up in the oasis city of Al Ain, and for the first fifty years of his life lived in what was essentially a quiet, desert country of farmers, fishers and camel traders. He was frequently referred to as the father of the nation.

All this changed rapidly with the discovery of oil in Abu Dhabi in 1958. Sheikh Zayed became ruler of Abu Dhabi in 1966. In January 1968, the British decision to withdraw from the Trucial States provided perhaps the greatest challenge of Sheikh Zayed's life.

Using skilful negotiation, he brought together seven separate emirates, formally founding the United Arab Emirates on 2 December 1972. This is universally acknowledged as Sheikh Zayed's most significant achievement.

In the 1970s the great oil boom years brought huge prosperity to the UAE and Sheikh Zayed invested the money in the infrastructure of the nation with a further construction boom following on from the first boom in the late 1960s.

Sheikh Zayed got off to a characteristically generous start. He literally handed out the oil revenues to his people. Word soon passed around and there was a long queue outside his palace. Nobody went away empty handed, and this was a sign of things to come.

Sheikh Zayed also began to rapidly transform the country: assembling a government from the ground up, creating departments for water and electricity, finance, municipal planning, police, defense, communications, internal affairs, external affairs, health, education and the judiciary.

Sheikh Zayed built housing facilities, schools, and hospitals for his people. He constructed an airport, a sea port, roads, and a bridge to link Abu Dhabi to the mainland. He transformed Abu Dhabi into a green emirate with irrigation and the planting of hundreds of thousands of trees.

It was an exceptional achievement for a man who had no formal education and had lived the nomadic life of a Bedouin for much of his life. But Sheikh Zayed was an excellent judge of men and always open to expatriate advice and assistance in developing Abu Dhabi. Today, this advanced and elegant city is a fitting monument to Sheikh Zayed's legacy.

Even the downturn in the oil price in the 1980s and 1990s affected the UAE far less than in many countries because of the policy of economic diversification from early times. The development of Dubai, in particular, as the commercial hub of the UAE and increasingly the lower Gulf region played an important part in this process.

At the turn of the Millennium visitors from all over the world marvelled at the UAE as the Switzerland of the Middle East - an affluent and safe country with a unique multicultural society.

This is the true legacy of Sheikh Zayed for future generations.

[yt=425,350]xx6vJLn879I&feature=related[/yt]

^ Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque was initiated by the late President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), HH Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. His final resting place is located on the grounds beside the same mosque.
As the country’s grand mosque, it is the key place of worship for Friday gathering and Eid prayers. It is the largest mosque in the UAE and numbers during Eid can be more than forty thousand people.

The late Sheikh Zayed was a visionary and a man of wise words. Some of his MOST Famous Quotes include ;

"Arab oil can never be dearer than Arab blood"

"There is no glory without the glory of the country and its citizens. We have to be proud of our forefathers, who were able to face the harshness of life with a strong will and dedication to shape a better collective future"

"He who does not know his past cannot make the best of his present and future, for it is from the past that we learn"

"It is my duty as the leader of the young people of this country to encourage them to work and to exert themselves in order to raise their own standards and to be of service to the country. The individual who is healthy and of a sound mind and body but who does not work commits a crime against himself and society"

"Wealth is not money. Wealth lies in men. This is where true power lies, the power we value. This is what has convinced us to direct all our resources to building the individual, and to using the wealth which God has provided us in the service of the nation"

"Situations change from time to time. A friend may become an enemy and an enemy a friend. Life is inconsistent and ever changing. So are health and weather. We must therefore be prepared for the unexpected changes coming our way"

"Every individual has to perform his duty. Man is mortal, but his work is not. Therefore, work is greater than wealth"

"History is a continuous chain of events. The present is only an extension of the past"

^O Allah, forgive him and have mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him. Be generous to him and cause his entrance to be wide and wash him with water and snow and hail. Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give him an abode better than his home, and a family better than his family and a wife better than his wife. Take him into Paradise and protect him from the punishment of the grave [and from the punishment of Hell-fire]. (Muslim 2/663)

If you want to know more about His Highness then Click HERE!

Resources I used included in document attached(so that people don't say I stole their hard work =D)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:11:59 pm by Sheikh Zayed Al Nahyan »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Alpha

Re: Happy National Day UAE ;D !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »
Happy National Day ::)

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:41:51 pm »
Happy National Day.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »
NO ONE is the spirits , that's Quite Impressing -.-

Offline Weaam

• Mad Alice
  • SF Geek
  • What if I spoke alien, fluently? O.o
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 02:38:31 pm »
YES!! I get a day off tomorrow and the day after because of the national day! ;DDD
- The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch.
-I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I went in. - Homer
+ Rep me if i have been of any assistance to you ;D

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:42:10 pm »
YES!! I get a day off tomorrow and the day after because of the national day! ;DDD

Finally someone is in the spirit ^_^

*Hi 5*

Offline Weaam

• Mad Alice
  • SF Geek
  • What if I spoke alien, fluently? O.o
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:44:45 pm »
Hahahahaa
Hi5 sisterrr xDD
Im not really sure if thats REALLY the spirit of the national day, BUT if i get to skip school then, it might as well be national day EVERYDAY xDD
Naah, jk xDD
- The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch.
-I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I went in. - Homer
+ Rep me if i have been of any assistance to you ;D

Amelia

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 02:52:09 pm »
 I LOVEEEEE U.A.E. It's the greatest place on earth!! ;D

How are you going to celebrate second december? :P

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 02:52:47 pm »
Happy National Day U A E !

;) ;)

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »
I LOVEEEEE U.A.E. It's the greatest place on earth!! ;D

How are you going to celebrate second december? :P

NOW that's the SPIRIT :)

here is Video of it ALL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-ao4qHm-o&feature=related

Weaam -> girl the school part is just AWESOME but the UAE national thing ,it's a UNIQUE thing can't be repeated EVERY DAY ;D

Amelia

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 05:29:34 pm »
NOW that's the SPIRIT :)

here is Video of it ALL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-ao4qHm-o&feature=related

Weaam -> girl the school part is just AWESOME but the UAE national thing ,it's a UNIQUE thing can't be repeated EVERY DAY ;D
Girl, I was going to post that link myself!! :D

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 07:06:35 pm »
Girl, I was going to post that link myself!! :D

Got SAME Brains dude *hi 5*  ;D :D :D :D

Freaked12

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 07:10:15 pm »
How and why are you supporting a country which does not want to give you it's citizenship.

Be proud of your roots.

I am in Saudi Arabia because my dad wants to earn the big buck, i don't have a slightest concern for it's rulers,citizens or whatever.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 07:17:25 pm »
How and why are you supporting a country which does not want to give you it's citizenship.

Be proud of your roots.

I am in Saudi Arabia because my dad wants to earn the big buck, i don't have a slightest concern for it's rulers,citizens or whatever.

Dude , I won't Comment on that --cuz it's just .... -.-

Like DUH !!!

I believe that you weren't BORN in Saudi Arabia , else you would've felt differently about Saudia Arabia ;)

Offline princess12

• SF Master
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 07:46:24 am »
Happy National Day
We should be kind to after teachers