Author Topic: Should divorce be legal?  (Read 35214 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Should divorce be legal?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 11:14:52 am »
That depends on the police;)

In humankind's simple English, what does that mean?  :P

Sense of dislike/disgust. ::)

You stole my words. 

;D ;D

But I'm not sarcastic. :P

Alpha

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 11:22:11 am »
Sense of dislike/disgust. ::)

??? Then, why so keen about getting divorce legal? I thought you were planning to marry every month.  :P  :D

;D ;D

But I'm not sarcastic. :P
I'm not always sarcastic.  ::)

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 11:40:36 am »
??? Then, why so keen about getting divorce legal? I thought you were planning to marry every month.  :P  :D

Because it allows flexibility in case of special circumstances in front of the legal system. Special circumstances may include difficulty in adjustment, physical abuse, extramarital affair etc.

***exam***

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 11:48:22 am »
Ewwwwwww! :P ::)

Divorce is not meant to cater for some sudden urge :P to marry someone else. ::)

It is meant to offer flexibility to the partners, in case of  a plausible reason (eg. One of them dies, wife-beater hubby, Hubby beater wife :P , extramarital affair etc )

Freedom of leaving the partner without any plausible reason : This does not really fall into the freedom of speech category. Marriage is not a two day game. :P

oh i meant the same  nobody said that marriage is a game !

and on the highlighted part !  i said if the marriages failed n divorces were not allowed   n ppl just stayed separately  with out divorce ! they can never move forward in their life i.e. marry some 1 else later on
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:13:02 pm by ***exam*** »

Alpha

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 11:49:42 am »
Because it allows flexibility in case of special circumstances in front of the legal system. Special circumstances may include difficulty in adjustment, physical abuse, extramarital affair etc.

And if you have a child?

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 11:53:08 am »
And if you have a child?

Then the child can easily live with one of the parents and sometimes go to see the other one. Better than watching his/her parents quarrel everyday. ;)

Alpha

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2010, 11:55:30 am »
Then the child can easily live with one of the parents and sometimes go to see the other one. Better than watching his/her parents quarrel everyday. ;)

Ironically enough, parents tend to fight more for the child. Divorce then, doesn't help, it worsens already hard times.  ;)

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2010, 11:59:20 am »
Ironically enough, parents tend to fight more for the child. Divorce then, doesn't help, it worsens already hard times.  ;)

Nope. They fight when one of them tries to assert their superiority over the other. ;)

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:00 pm »

Parents fight when they are not in harmony. When one of them tries to take over or something like that.

Alpha

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »
Parents fight when they are not in harmony. When one of them tries to take over or something like that.

Nope. They fight when one of them tries to assert their superiority over the other. ;)

Exactly, and because of ego, they will end up fighting more.

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2010, 01:33:42 pm »
So its better that they separate.

Alpha

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2010, 01:35:40 pm »
So its better that they separate.

For the child who will become a tug of war? (:

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2010, 04:35:15 pm »
Exactly, and because of ego, they will end up fighting more.

A child, watching both of his/her parents fighting all the time, is liable to be mentally traumatised.

Its a much more peaceful solution if the child lives with one of the parents, after a divorce and pays weekly visit to the other.

Alpha

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 10:21:08 am »
A child, watching both of his/her parents fighting all the time, is liable to be mentally traumatised.

Its a much more peaceful solution if the child lives with one of the parents, after a divorce and pays weekly visit to the other.

A child will be mentally traumatized watching his parents fight rather than feeling the lack of one of them is your value judgement.

Many people try to make up by "paying visits", it doesn't work for the majority.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:55 am »
A child will be mentally traumatized watching his parents fight rather than feeling the lack of one of them is your value judgement.

Yes. Of course watching parents fight is more traumatising than living with only one.

Many people try to make up by "paying visits", it doesn't work for the majority.

Of course, it wouldn't work for everyone. But the model of divorce assumes that it does work and should. Anyway, you don't have any statistics to claim it doesn;t work. ;)