Author Topic: Physics p2 2010 discussions  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Physics p2 2010 discussions
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2010, 10:43:46 am »
Yes, it's on the same day. My exams finish on Friday next week.

Same to same....................Chemistry p1 is the last paper ;)

Offline $!$RatJumper$!$

• SF Geek
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 11:38:53 am »
What did you guys get for your height of the wall & how did u draw the rebound?
Was it scalar, vector, scalar?
What is the definition of displacement of a wave. And what did u say for the power loss of the wave?
What was ur combined resistance and the temp?
Why cant u use a beta particle?
I drew my weight directly downwards with an arrow from the centre. thendrew my C.o.g directly below my arrow. is that wrong?

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:48 am »
What did you guys get for your height of the wall & how did u draw the rebound?
Was it scalar, vector, scalar?
What is the definition of displacement of a wave. And what did u say for the power loss of the wave?
I drew my weight directly downwards with an arrow from the centre. thendrew my C.o.g directly below my arrow. is that wrong?

I can't remember the height. :-[

But I drew a pathway under the existing one and back to less than mid-way to original position. ;)

Yupz.........Temperature : scalar, acceleration : vector and resistance : scalar.

I got the tension to be 14.3N

Offline $!$RatJumper$!$

• SF Geek
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »
OK cool i got the same :)

what about:

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:29 pm »
OK cool i got the same :)

what about:

I don't know if it's wrong. :-[
I identified the C.O.G by drawing the two diagonals of the paper and got it at the centre. Then I drew the weight vertically downwards. :D

I found the resistor of the thermistor to be 1.6kohm. I can't remember the temperature but i think it was greater than 10.

Displacement of a wave is the distance of a wave particle from the equilibrium position along a given direction. Was there power loss? :-\

Am not sure but I said that beta-particles are much smaller and are negatively charged.

What were your answers?

Offline $!$RatJumper$!$

• SF Geek
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 03:06:27 pm »
Well my for the carboard, i drew the weight directly at the centre with a small arrow pointing downwards. Then it said show the c.o.g with a point C so i just drew it directly below the arrow since i couldnt draw it at the same place as the weight :S i really dont know, in theory both the c.o.g and the weight should be at the same point.. oh well i guess i lost a mark

yeah i got the same definition :) and yes there was a questio asking weather the wave experienced power loss. and i said that yea it did becoz the amplitude was decreasing constantly.

for the beta i rote it is negative so wil get attracted to the nucleus. and its light so will travel extremely fast making it hard to be detected (not sure.. what do u think)

For my combined resistance i got 1000 ohms but based on what people told me im wrong and the answer is actually 965 or something around there. and if you got that combined resistance wrong then you get the question with the temperature wrong. So i lost like 4 marks there already :( plus i didnt know what to write for why the 10 voltmeter would not be used :(

overall i think i lost like 12-13 marks. do you think that will get me an A for this paper? I dont think i will because this paper was considerably easy if you think about it :(

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 03:49:13 pm »
Well my for the carboard, i drew the weight directly at the centre with a small arrow pointing downwards. Then it said show the c.o.g with a point C so i just drew it directly below the arrow since i couldnt draw it at the same place as the weight :S i really dont know, in theory both the c.o.g and the weight should be at the same point.. oh well i guess i lost a mark
The C.O.G is only a point. The weight acts downwards from the point. So your arrow representing weight should start from C.O.G itself.

yeah i got the same definition :) and yes there was a questio asking weather the wave experienced power loss. and i said that yea it did becoz the amplitude was decreasing constantly.

Yupz...............now I remember. I also said amplitude was decreasing in Fig 5.2. :D

for the beta i rote it is negative so wil get attracted to the nucleus. and its light so will travel extremely fast making it hard to be detected (not sure.. what do u think)

Almost same answer as mine. I guess it should be right. ;)

For my combined resistance i got 1000 ohms but based on what people told me im wrong and the answer is actually 965 or something around there. and if you got that combined resistance wrong then you get the question with the temperature wrong. So i lost like 4 marks there already :( plus i didnt know what to write for why the 10 voltmeter would not be used :(

Hmm..............am not sure about it myself. But in the exams I was pretty sure I did the number correctly. However my friends obtained other answers. :(

overall i think i lost like 12-13 marks. do you think that will get me an A for this paper? I dont think i will because this paper was considerably easy if you think about it :(

I lost marks due to silly mistakes too. We never know if the threshold will be decreasing or not. That will depend on the performance of the overall students. ;)

Offline Hypernova

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 11:27:14 pm »
53/60  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o ::)
Ya Allah! Make useful for me what You taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2010, 07:30:22 am »
53/60  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o ::)

That's good ;)

I can't say exactly for me.

Do you mind to compare your answers?