Author Topic: URGENT MATHS---EXAM TOMOROW  (Read 2327 times)

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
URGENT MATHS---EXAM TOMOROW
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:22:42 pm »
Hey guys i really need some help in maths regarding this question A levl exam tmrow w05 qp3 q7 last part regarding argand diagram Thanks

Sketch an Argand diagram showing the point representing the complex number 1 + 2i. Show on
the same diagram the set of points representing the complex numbers  which satisfy
|z| = |z ? 1 ? 2i| .

How do u do this please please help

elemis

Re: URGENT MATHS---EXAM TOMOROW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:54:10 pm »
ONe moment.

elemis

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:58:25 pm »
Sorry to let you down but I cant solve this. I'm doing further maths but still.... its out of my depth.

Sorry dude !

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 03:27:26 pm »
damn!!!....aghh...hey man can u try again... xam tomorow a level....please please... By the way where is astar....god help me

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 03:29:27 pm »
Hey guys i really need some help in maths regarding this question A levl exam tmrow w05 qp3 q7 last part regarding argand diagram Thanks

Sketch an Argand diagram showing the point representing the complex number 1 + 2i. Show on
the same diagram the set of points representing the complex numbers  which satisfy
|z| = |z ? 1 ? 2i| .

okay, so you replace 'z' with 'x+iy', so you have |x+iy|=|x+iy-1-2i|
-> x^2 + y^2 = (x-1)^2 + (y-2)^2
-> x^2 + y^2 = x^2 -2x +1 + y^2 -4y +4
-> 2x+4y = 5 ---- you can leave it like this and draw the line of this equation, or simplify it further (which is what I like to do) and you get: y= (5/4) - (1/2)x
Just draw this line and you're done
Hope this helped :)

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »

|z| = |z ? 1 ? 2i| .

Here's another method :

[ z ] = [ z - 1 - 2i ]
=> [ z - (0 + 0i)] = [ z - (1 + 2i)]

It represents the line which bisects perpendicularly the line joining (0,0) and (1,2).

So you just need to plot the points (0,0i) and (1,2i) on your Argand diagram and the bisect the line joining them.

Hope it's clear enough for you to understand ;)

By the way I have p3 as well tomorrow :D

Try to relax a bit and do not get stressed out especially when the paper comes in front of you ;)

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 04:40:21 pm »
Here's another method :

[ z ] = [ z - 1 - 2i ]
=> [ z - (0 + 0i)] = [ z - (1 + 2i)]

It represents the line which bisects perpendicularly the line joining (0,0) and (1,2).

So you just need to plot the points (0,0i) and (1,2i) on your Argand diagram and the bisect the line joining them.

Hope it's clear enough for you to understand ;)

By the way I have p3 as well tomorrow :D

Try to relax a bit and do not get stressed out especially when the paper comes in front of you ;)

How did you find the paper? I found it really easy, except for the last part of the vectors question! Hopefully shouldn't be losing more than 4-5 marks overall.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:01 pm »
How did you find the paper? I found it really easy, except for the last part of the vectors question! Hopefully shouldn't be losing more than 4-5 marks overall.

Same for me.

It was a very easy paper. However I was not able to complete the number for vectors part 3. :(

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 04:29:36 pm »
Same for me.

It was a very easy paper. However I was not able to complete the number for vectors part 3. :(

Wow, same here lol. Vectors part c was the only question I couldn't finish correctly. Fingers crossed that I got everything else right! Do you remember any of your answers?

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 04:45:28 pm »
Wow, same here lol. Vectors part c was the only question I couldn't finish correctly. Fingers crossed that I got everything else right! Do you remember any of your answers?

Hmm.........some of them, yeah!

You wanna compare answers ?

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 08:24:58 pm »
haha....even i am a bit late but yes exactly only the vectors last part confused me....damn i got something 2x + ?y+ ?Z= -14 , dont remember any more and in  vectors part 2 by chance did u get some fractions

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 04:47:40 am »
haha....even i am a bit late but yes exactly only the vectors last part confused me....damn i got something 2x + ?y+ ?Z= -14 , dont remember any more and in  vectors part 2 by chance did u get some fractions

Hmm........for the last part my friends got it equal to 26.
Yeah the second part was ( 2/3 , 5/3 , 7/3 )

Offline SAKS10111

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 09:37:54 am »
Lol welcome back cashem'up
Yeah, I got the same answer (2/3, 5/3, 7/3) for vectors part two! Thank God you guys also found part 3 difficult. I think I got the equation for plane AOB, but then I couldn't work out how to find the plane perpendicular to IT. Hopefully they'll give me one or two marks for that lol.
Was your last differential equation answer, 'tends towards 20' or something like that?

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 01:19:06 pm »
Lol welcome back cashem'up
Yeah, I got the same answer (2/3, 5/3, 7/3) for vectors part two! Thank God you guys also found part 3 difficult. I think I got the equation for plane AOB, but then I couldn't work out how to find the plane perpendicular to IT. Hopefully they'll give me one or two marks for that lol.
Was your last differential equation answer, 'tends towards 20' or something like that?

Yeah........i did the same thing for the vectors.............but i don't think that will be adequate to score marks :-\

Yupz............last one tend to 20!

Offline mousa

• SF Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 05:45:39 pm »
Yeah........i did the same thing for the vectors.............but i don't think that will be adequate to score marks :-\

Yupz............last one tend to 20!

heyy, the ppr wasnt that bad...but i just want to know your solutions to the differential question like what did you get the 2nd and 3rd parts?? like the general solution, i remember that there was some ln(20) or somethin like that.. :-\