Author Topic: physics doubt  (Read 1464 times)

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
physics doubt
« on: May 07, 2009, 07:24:31 pm »
could some one tell me about these ??

Q1-  is Wave theory included in our syllabus ?
Q2- does any one have good explanation for reflection diffraction and refraction and anything related to it ?
Q3- in Transfer of thermal energy there is a Question >> or rather a tip
" As a minimum you should learn and be able to explain the followings : Costal breeze , The vacuum flask and the green house . "
i was wondering if any one knows what that means or have taken it ,, could you please explain ?
Q4- from past papers paper6 O/N 2001 Q 5 b) can any one give me some precautions ? not similar way of the MS because i don't understand them;  in the same paper Q 3 part a) ii ,  i don't get the thickness like the MS i get 1.1 and its 1.2 there every such small difference made the rest of the calculations totally different ., so is this because we are using a photocopied version ?? so lines are not clear or what ?
Q5- O/N 2002 Q1 part b) & c)

and does any one uses the physics book by " Mc davis " or by "stephen Pople "  or " mike Folland " ?? can any one tell me which is good if your have them ?

thanks
former member

Offline godfather93

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Tomorrow is a day that changes everyday
Re: physics doubt
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:29:20 pm »
I use the book by stephan pople and overall i find it very very good because it is concise and tells u everything u need to know. i don't know the other persons so i can't really compare, but i can tell u that stephen pople's books are very good.

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 08:43:32 pm »
help please ???!! :-[
former member

Offline godfather93

• SF Senior Citizen
  • Tomorrow is a day that changes everyday
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:31:14 pm »
could some one tell me about these ??

Q1-  is Wave theory included in our syllabus ?
Q2- does any one have good explanation for reflection diffraction and refraction and anything related to it ?
Q3- in Transfer of thermal energy there is a Question >> or rather a tip
" As a minimum you should learn and be able to explain the followings : Costal breeze , The vacuum flask and the green house . "
i was wondering if any one knows what that means or have taken it ,, could you please explain ?
Q4- from past papers paper6 O/N 2001 Q 5 b) can any one give me some precautions ? not similar way of the MS because i don't understand them;  in the same paper Q 3 part a) ii ,  i don't get the thickness like the MS i get 1.1 and its 1.2 there every such small difference made the rest of the calculations totally different ., so is this because we are using a photocopied version ?? so lines are not clear or what ?

and does any one uses the physics book by " Mc davis " or by "stephen Pople "  or " mike Folland " ?? can any one tell me which is good if your have them ?

thanks

Make the pins vertical
Make the pins widely spaced.

Are all the questions from paper 6s?

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 12:13:18 am »
no they are mix Questions for book as well as paper 6
former member

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 07:59:43 am »
Where can i find the questions?

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:13:10 am »
the past paper part i've written the paper and year

and for the rest i study from a guide made for IGCSE examination and its from them , it explains wave theory for each refraction diffraction and reflection which is very complicated and i don't recall studying it in my other books . so i was wondering if it is really included the wave theory .

and that book have " examiners tips " with each chapter and topic .
with the topic " transfer or thermal energy " under the heading " Everyday Uses of consequence of the transfer of thermal energy" : there was this tip
As a minimum you should learn and be able to explain the followings : Costal breeze , The vacuum flask and the green house . "

former member

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 09:10:42 pm »
????????????
former member