Author Topic: Harry Potter fans  (Read 37744 times)

Offline M-H

• SF Master
Re: Harry Potter fans
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2010, 01:15:45 pm »
Duh, I watched it too! Not that great, seriously....I mean I was sitting right at the end, with my friends on my other side...totally silent..and suddenly I saw Bathilda and I go like-" She's looking like a clown''...;D

I watched it in the second week after it's release!! There could have been so many parts when the scenes could've been so much more appealing...actually there are just too many events to be covered..trying to fit in everything probably must have been hard. I rate it 2 stars out of 5..

Ron and Harry's run-in was so brief...it lost it's effect! Voldemort was supposed to be looking scarier than ever...as in- he should have been very ferocious..like the way his reign's been described- the time and the whole situation of wars- the movie missed all of that. Maybe all those of us who have read the books, are just too overwhelmed by what's there in the book and our expectations...are ultimately the base for them!!  ::)

Amelia

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »
Duh, I watched it too! Not that great, seriously....I mean I was sitting right at the end, with my friends on my other side...totally silent..and suddenly I saw Bathilda and I go like-" She's looking like a clown''...;D

I watched it in the second week after it's release!! There could have been so many parts when the scenes could've been so much more appealing...actually there are just too many events to be covered..trying to fit in everything probably must have been hard. I rate it 2 stars out of 5..

Ron and Harry's run-in was so brief...it lost it's effect! Voldemort was supposed to be looking scarier than ever...as in- he should have been very ferocious..like the way his reign's been described- the time and the whole situation of wars- the movie missed all of that. Maybe all those of us who have read the books, are just too overwhelmed by what's there in the book and our expectations...are ultimately the base for them!!  ::)

Thanks for the review, M-H. :)
These movies never lived up to our expectations, nyway.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:35:24 am by Amelia »

Amelia

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2011, 11:38:31 am »
Severus Snape's Death Scene Altered

In the November 2010 issue of Cine Premiere Mexico, Harry Potter art director Andrew Ackland-Snow revealed that the death of Severus Snape has been altered, with the approval of JK Rowling. Mr. Ackland-Snow is quoted as saying "[JK Rowling] loved it."

Remember that Severus Snape, in the book, was killed by Nagini within the confines of the Shrieking Shack.

According to the film’s art director, Andrew Ackland-Snow, Severus Snape’s death scene has been moved from the Shrieking Shack to the Boathouse — a decision that was made to give the scene a “more dramatic atmosphere . . . it’s a very romantic place to die. Snape dies in a extremely good way, I gotta say.” According to Andrew the scene has author J.K. Rowling’s seal of approval, but does it have yours?

Amelia

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 11:40:04 am »
Harry Potter fans, get excited! The first image from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II has been released and it features a bloody, ravaged Neville Longbottom (Matthew Lewis) in a scene from the dramatic fight sequence near the end. We can also see Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) in the background but this appears to be a Neville moment (if you’ve read the book, you can probably guess what this image depicts). Also making news with the second instalment is how one key scene from the book has been changed. I won’t spoil it here but read on after the jump if you want to find out.

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2011, 12:26:29 pm »
He looks as if he's 40. =S He was suppose to be a 17 yr old. What in the world is happening ? :o

This is where he kills Nagini. Muhahahaha. :D
<3 La Ilaha Illa-Allah Muhammad Rasul Allah. <3

Amelia

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2011, 12:33:54 pm »
He looks as if he's 40. =S He was suppose to be a 17 yr old. What in the world is happening ? :o

Even in the book, there was a point where he looked like an 'old man' carrying all the dead bodies to the Great Hall.

:)

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2011, 03:11:29 pm »
Even in the book, there was a point where he looked like an 'old man' carrying all the dead bodies to the Great Hall.

:)

Oh cmon. He never looked THIS old. :o

Amelia

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 10:37:58 am »
Oh cmon. He never looked THIS old. :o

LOL. If you say so. :P

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2011, 01:59:41 pm »
LOL. If you say so. :P

Maybe he would. :P :D

Amelia

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 04:02:38 pm »
Maybe he would. :P :D

Whatever do you mean?  :D

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 05:20:05 pm »
Whatever do you mean?  :D

Screw Neville. BELLA FTW ! :D

Amelia

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 05:21:05 pm »
Screw Neville. BELLA FTW ! :D

Where did she come from?? :D

Offline Crooked

• The Psycho Lunatic.
  • Global Moderator
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 07:53:18 pm »
Where did she come from?? :D

By Bella, i meant Bellatrix. She's in the pic too. :P :D

Amelia

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2011, 09:00:17 pm »
By Bella, i meant Bellatrix. She's in the pic too. :P :D

Oh, yah!! :D

Amelia

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2011, 06:40:18 pm »
Deathly Hallows Part 1 nominated for the Oscars     

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 has been nominated at the 83rd Academy Awards in the categories of Art Direction and Visual Effects.

The awards will take place at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood and will be broadcasted live by ABC on February 27 at 8 p.m.