Author Topic: Help! Where do I go and what do I do?  (Read 1705 times)

**RoRo**

Help! Where do I go and what do I do?
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:16 pm »
Hey guys,

I wanted to know your opinion on something:

I'm in Year 12 now in my school and I'm doing 1A level and 2 AS, which is the requirement for Egyptian universities, I want to study medicine, but when I've asked about how it goes like in Egypt, I didn't really like it unfortunately.

I have always wanted to study in the UK, I've been checking out on universities and so on and it's just amazing, I love it, however, the only problem I'm facing at the moment is the financial part of it, my dad can't really afford paying around 33,300 Pounds a year for me. [around 200,000 AED]

Now if I want to go to UK, I'll have to stay for Year 13 in my school to complete my A-levels, but if things don't work out well at the end of Year 13 and I'd go to Egypt, my Year 10 IGCSE grades won't be accepted, because then they'd have been expired according to the Egyptian Universities rules [only the last 3 years are accepted] and then I'd have to re-sit the subjects I did in Year 10!

What would you guys advice me to do?

Is there anyone who was able to make it to good universities in the UK? If yes, how did things work out for you?

Thanks in advance! :)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: Help! Where do I go and what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 06:37:15 am »
Hey well for me i can advice u to go to Uni's in the UAE since ur living here a really good Uni would be   DUBAI MEDICAL COLLEGE for girls   ,that is a New Uni and has everything u could imagine i guess  check it's site ;

http://www.dmcg.edu/

If u'd like to study Engineering there is One AMAZING Uni in Abu Dhabi which is the Petroleum Institute  ;

http://www.pi.ac.ae/

If You are Not interested then You can go to Universities in Malaysia and  the Universities's fees are Not expensive as much as Most Unis in the UAE are ;)

I can't really help u with the Whole AS thing cuz i don't really Know Much abt Unis in UK , Srry :(

I hope i helped :)

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:59:26 pm »
You need 3 a levels to get into a good uk uni.  And competition is fierce now cos people cant get jobs and uni is better than unemployment.

**RoRo**

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:28:00 pm »
Hey well for me i can advice u to go to Uni's in the UAE since ur living here a really good Uni would be   DUBAI MEDICAL COLLEGE for girls   ,that is a New Uni and has everything u could imagine i guess  check it's site ;

http://www.dmcg.edu/

If u'd like to study Engineering there is One AMAZING Uni in Abu Dhabi which is the Petroleum Institute  ;

http://www.pi.ac.ae/

If You are Not interested then You can go to Universities in Malaysia and  the Universities's fees are Not expensive as much as Most Unis in the UAE are ;)

I can't really help u with the Whole AS thing cuz i don't really Know Much abt Unis in UK , Srry :(

I hope i helped :)

Thank you so much The Golden Girl, I did hear about DMC, a friend of mine just joined it and she's liking it there, however, it's the financial part of it that actually bothers my parents atm! :/

mmm...Malaysia, I'll give it a thought, why not?

It's alright, no problem!

Thank you so much!! :)

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:28:45 pm »
Anytime :D

**RoRo**

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 05:38:16 pm »
You need 3 a levels to get into a good uk uni.  And competition is fierce now cos people cant get jobs and uni is better than unemployment.

Yea, I know that you need 3 A-levels for a good uni in UK...I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to there in the first place [speaking of financial terms especially], I've heard of scholarships being available, but I found out that they are mostly available for Postgraduate and not undergraduate!

I really don't want to give up on my dream, but thinking practically in a realistic way, I guess I've got to push this idea aside and focus on what's available now! 

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 05:42:56 pm »
Yea, I know that you need 3 A-levels for a good uni in UK...I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to there in the first place [speaking of financial terms especially], I've heard of scholarships being available, but I found out that they are mostly available for Postgraduate and not undergraduate!

I really don't want to give up on my dream, but thinking practically in a realistic way, I guess I've got to push this idea aside and focus on what's available now! 

I've had the dream of going see7a la Malaysia but it never came true :$ tho i MIGHT ..MIGHT ha LOL go this summer <3

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 07:38:57 pm »

I don't have to explain anything but Please do Check this out ;

www.ucti.edu.my

Alpha

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 02:25:16 am »
Try to see if you can cope with the competition that exists in your country. Find out trends from teachers, and other students who can help you. Or ask your rector.

If you know the threshold marks [for competition] and can exceed that, you have a realistic chance.

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 05:28:38 pm »
You can come out to be a chairman of the gold/diamond mine, in Africa ! :D

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU