Author Topic: ALL CIE BIOLOGY DOUBTS HERE !!!  (Read 67638 times)

Offline NidZ- Hero

• People say i m borderline crazy Sorta kinda :D
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • IDK what makes u such a LOSER.But it really works
Re: ALL CIE BIOLOGY DOUBTS HERE !!!
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2011, 07:04:29 am »
how do we measure the rate at which the amylase break down into starch ?

In my boook its says that : To measure the rate of this reaction is to measure the rate at which the starch disappears from the reaction mixture
This can be done by taking samples at known times n doing the iodine test. starch forms blue-black colour with this solution using a colorimeter to measure the intensity of the blue-black colour obtained using this yu can measure the starch remaining...... so yes i was wondering as the amount of starch disappear means that reaction is proceeding rght so lighter the intensity of the colour in the colorimeter the faster the reaction

**RoRo**

« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2011, 09:01:06 am »
Guys, what's the correct steps for calibrating the eyepiece graticule?

Let's say that 2 eyepiece divisions correspond to 65 stage micrometer divisions and that one division on the stage micrometer is equal to 0.01 mm, how would you calibrate it?

& if you want to find the actual length of something that you measured that turned out to have 3.5 eyepiece graticule divisions, what would your answer be?

I've got 2 ways to calculate, I get 2 answers that when rounded off to 2 s.f. are the same, but when you calculate the size of a specimen, with the 2 values, I get 2 different answers!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:50:15 am by The Secret »

Offline HUSH1994

• SF Farseer
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2011, 10:20:43 am »
how do we measure the rate at which the amylase break down into starch ?

In my boook its says that : To measure the rate of this reaction is to measure the rate at which the starch disappears from the reaction mixture
This can be done by taking samples at known times n doing the iodine test. starch forms blue-black colour with this solution using a colorimeter to measure the intensity of the blue-black colour obtained using this yu can measure the starch remaining...... so yes i was wondering as the amount of starch disappear means that reaction is proceeding rght so lighter the intensity of the colour in the colorimeter the faster the reaction
you can use benedict's test to find the rate at which reducing sugar is formed from starch

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Guys, what's the correct steps for calibrating the eyepiece graticule?

Let's say that 2 eyepiece divisions correspond to 65 stage micrometer divisions and that one division on the stage micrometer is equal to 0.01 mm, how would you calibrate it?

& if you want to find the actual length of something that you measured that turned out to have 3.5 eyepiece graticule divisions, what would your answer be?

I've got 2 ways to calculate, I get 2 answers that when rounded off to 2 s.f. are the same, but when you calculate the size of a specimen, with the 2 values, I get 2 different answers!
2 = 65
2 Eyepiece divisions = 0.65 mm
3*0.65 / 2 = 1.1375 mm.

Thats the calculation.

I think you made some mistake though i gave the calculation, its the method. Now when you xamine microscope always the eyepiece divisions are large in number compared to stage micrometer divisions like
47 Eyepiece graticule divisions (arbitrary units) = 1 Stage micrometer because stage micrometer is always magnified and it always corresponds to a large number of  Eyepiece graticule divisions. Check it!

**RoRo**

« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2011, 06:10:18 pm »
2 = 65
2 Eyepiece divisions = 0.65 mm
3*0.65 / 2 = 1.1375 mm.

Thats the calculation.

I think you made some mistake though i gave the calculation, its the method. Now when you xamine microscope always the eyepiece divisions are large in number compared to stage micrometer divisions like
47 Eyepiece graticule divisions (arbitrary units) = 1 Stage micrometer because stage micrometer is always magnified and it always corresponds to a large number of  Eyepiece graticule divisions. Check it!

But I remember during my lab classes that the eyepiece graticule we used had values from 0-10, so how can you say there's '47' eyepiece graticule divisions?
The stage micrometer is the one that's in the 'slide', right, that one usually has divisions from 0-100!

I'm sorry for the confusion! :s
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:54:55 pm by The Secret »

**RoRo**

« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »
& one more question, how do you draw a plan diagram for this?
http://fsweb.bainbridge.edu/acunningham/BIOL2112/imgBIOL2112/LungSlide-Normal-01.jpg

Offline NidZ- Hero

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »
& one more question, how do you draw a plan diagram for this?
http://fsweb.bainbridge.edu/acunningham/BIOL2112/imgBIOL2112/LungSlide-Normal-01.jpg
AHHHA PRESIDENT i Got ya  :o 8)

Well anyways I thnk yu need to draw the plan digram for the vessel in cardovascular systen Lke Teh capillaries n vein n arties ...  ;D

Offline NidZ- Hero

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:36 pm »
Can sumone pplz show the slide of a caradiac muscle n describe it i google it i  cant find

**RoRo**

« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »
AHHHA PRESIDENT i Got ya  :o 8)

Well anyways I thnk yu need to draw the plan digram for the vessel in cardovascular systen Lke Teh capillaries n vein n arties ...  ;D

Okay, I don't get what do you mean by your first line.

& That was a normal lung by the way, can you please draw a plan diagram for it if you can?

Offline NidZ- Hero

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2011, 06:26:38 am »
 :-[ i thought u were some one from my skoool

Ok r u telling me draw a plan diagram of lung  ???

**RoRo**

« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2011, 07:18:12 am »
:-[ i thought u were some one from my skoool

Ok r u telling me draw a plan diagram of lung  ???

Of what you see in that photo I shared.

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2011, 12:55:41 pm »
But I remember during my lab classes that the eyepiece graticule we used had values from 0-10, so how can you say there's '47' eyepiece graticule divisions?
The stage micrometer is the one that's in the 'slide', right, that one usually has divisions from 0-100!

I'm sorry for the confusion! :s
You might be using a different eyepiece graticule. Eyepiece graticules change from models to models. Well you might have one with 10. We might have one with 100. :)

The stage micrometer is the one that's in the 'slide', right, that one usually has divisions from 0-100! Not really. It may change but CIE will provide something for examination.

**RoRo**

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2011, 01:48:13 pm »
You might be using a different eyepiece graticule. Eyepiece graticules change from models to models. Well you might have one with 10. We might have one with 100. :)

The stage micrometer is the one that's in the 'slide', right, that one usually has divisions from 0-100! Not really. It may change but CIE will provide something for examination.

Alright, thank you! :)

& can you please check my previous question here about the plan diagram of the lungs?

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »
Alright, thank you! :)

& can you please check my previous question here about the plan diagram of the lungs?
Plan diagram is drawing only OUTLINES AND NO CELLS. You need to draw the walls of alveoli and other walls visible there.

**RoRo**

« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2011, 02:48:33 pm »
Plan diagram is drawing only OUTLINES AND NO CELLS. You need to draw the walls of alveoli and other walls visible there.

Okay, thanks! :)

Can you please give me a draft answer [like what points should be mentioned] for answer 1b in June 2001? The MS is not available online! :s