Author Topic: Google turns 12 !!  (Read 1026 times)

elemis

Google turns 12 !!
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:08:55 pm »
If you've done a Google search in the last few hours, you might be wondering: What's with all the bouncing balls?

The 12-year-old search engine greets surfers with a Google Doodle of colorful bouncing balls that settle into the company logo. Google offers no explanation on the page. A spokeswoman told The Daily Telegraph of London, "We will leave the mystery to you."

Google was incorporated on Sept. 4, 1998, according to Google's corporate history page. But several dates, including the 7th, have previously been touted. The page used to say, "On Sept. 7, 1998, Google opened its doors in Menlo Park, California," the Telegraph reports.

Some experts have speculated this is Google's way of showing what its Chrome browser can do in HTML5 -- the latest version of the standard programming code for displaying Web content. Others have called it a stunt to hype a forthcoming announcement.

Previous Google Doodles have celebrated Pac-Man's 30th birthday, the 71st anniversary of The Wizard of Oz and the 213th anniversary of Frankenstein author Mary Shelley's birth. But normally, Google Doodles come with an explanation as soon as you click on them.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:16:08 pm by Ari Ben Canaan »

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
Re: Google turns 12 !!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »
I didn't see it. :/ OOh
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

elemis

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:55:33 am »

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:37:32 pm »
Go to google.com :P

I didn't know that.. -_-
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 04:54:53 pm »
Google is not the rebel corporation any more. They are too powerful and the us govt probably has access to all our accounts.