Author Topic: Pakistan studies -- HELP REQUIRED URGENTLY ... have my mocks coming up  (Read 2054 times)

Offline haseebtariq95

i have my mocks this september and then have pak studies o level paper in october .... i would like to know which book should i use for history . there are 2 books one is PAKISTAN history culture and government , and the other is history and culture of pakistan which is old ... now from which book should i study becoz if i see the specimen paper and the recent past paper the 4 mark answer is only correct if i  write it from the new book becoz it contains more discription of some topics and the mark scheme answers match it , where as the 7 and 14 marks answer point  are 85 percent from the old book ....any suggestion please?

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
Re: Pakistan studies -- HELP REQUIRED URGENTLY ... have my mocks coming up
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:22:37 am »
For History use these two books:

The History and Culture of Pakistan by Nigel Kelly
The History and Culture of Pakistan by Nigel Smith

These are the best for both the short 4 marks questions and essay length 7 and 14 marks questions.

It doesn't matter whether you buy the New Version or the Old Version. There is a very slight change in both the versions and you can also get New Material photocopied easily rather than buying a New Version book. I'll recommend you to stick to the Old Version. Its better.

Hope I helped. 

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline haseebtariq95

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:35:54 am »
u mean history culture and government  by nigel smith ? ...thanks for the help . i know the old book is better but if u see the recent may june examination the question 3,4 and 5 , if u read the mark schemes of these question, the answers are only from the new book ( those things which are not mentioned in the old book ) however the other questions are from the old book .. i dont have enough time to do both the books so please help?..thanx

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 07:38:51 am »
The 4 marks questions won't change your grade as much as the 7 and 14 marks questions will change. So I recommend you to stick to the book that you find easy to study with. That way you'll understand much much better rather than forcefully studying from other reference books.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”