Author Topic: Crysis 2 delayed until early 2011, dated GPUs rejoice  (Read 2919 times)

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
Crysis 2 delayed until early 2011, dated GPUs rejoice
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:46:04 pm »
If you were expecting to find a copy of Crysis 2 under the Christmas tree, we have some tough news to break: it's not happening  -- at least not this Christmas. Previously set to debut during the holidays, EA announced yesterday during its earnings report that the sequel won't ship until the publisher's fiscal fourth quarter, or early next year.

EA didn't give a detailed reason for moving the title to a launch sometime between January and March. Besides saying the title was bumped to a "better marketing window," the company said it would provide the Crytek team with more time to polish the forthcoming sequel. Speculation suggests the delay is related the addition of 3D graphics.

Assuming there are no more delays, the gaming scene will be rather chaotic come early 2011. EA itself plans to release Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Darkspore, Fight Night Champion, and Need for Speed: Shift 2. In the meantime, we're here if you need a shoulder to cry on. And hey, on the bright side StarCraft 2 has launched -- in case that hasn't sunk in yet.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: Crysis 2 delayed until early 2011, dated GPUs rejoice
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:40 pm »
If you were expecting to find a copy of Crysis 2 under the Christmas tree, we have some tough news to break: it's not happening  -- at least not this Christmas. Previously set to debut during the holidays, EA announced yesterday during its earnings report that the sequel won't ship until the publisher's fiscal fourth quarter, or early next year.

EA didn't give a detailed reason for moving the title to a launch sometime between January and March. Besides saying the title was bumped to a "better marketing window," the company said it would provide the Crytek team with more time to polish the forthcoming sequel. Speculation suggests the delay is related the addition of 3D graphics.

Assuming there are no more delays, the gaming scene will be rather chaotic come early 2011. EA itself plans to release Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Darkspore, Fight Night Champion, and Need for Speed: Shift 2. In the meantime, we're here if you need a shoulder to cry on. And hey, on the bright side StarCraft 2 has launched -- in case that hasn't sunk in yet.

Who cared about Crysis!!!

STARCRAFT ALL THE WAY!! !!!! !!! BOOYAH!!!!

WINGS OF LIBERTY BEHBEH!!!

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:36:35 pm »
Who cared about Crysis!!!

STARCRAFT ALL THE WAY!! !!!! !!! BOOYAH!!!!

WINGS OF LIBERTY BEHBEH!!!

I also don't like the gameplay of the Crysis, I only like its awesome graphics.  ;D

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »
I also don't like the gameplay of the Crysis, I only like its awesome graphics.  ;D

All hail starcraft!!!

BLIZZARD ROCKS!!! RTS ROCKS!!!

Offline vakarian

• SF Immigrant
  • fighting ftw !
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 05:03:28 pm »
RTS are boring :\ ...crysis gameplay was great i dont get it ...

crysis 2 story seems great ,but the graphics doesn't ..i just hope they do not spoil it the same way the did to many games in thier second release
Every thought why you reading this ?..