Author Topic: It's still a man's world? Do you agree?  (Read 5928 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: It's still a man's world? Do you agree?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »
If housewives started to charge, men would be pitiful.  ::)

A housewife eats and gets all her resources for free. :P

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »
If housewives started to charge, men would be pitiful.  ::)

Most certainly.

Alpha

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 02:46:44 am »
A housewife eats and gets all her resources for free. :P

She can work and feed herself once she's out of the house.  :P

Most certainly.

Yes. Most.

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 11:21:24 am »
Indeed.........its a true fact!!

Man are still dominating the world as he has been doing for the past decades. It is something that we cannot change from one day to another. However you will all agree with me that there has been much progress concerning the status of women in the society!!

It will take time but I believe equality will prevail in some years.......You just have to be patient girls ::P

nid404

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:48 pm »
We've been patient all these years. We can hang on I suppose  ::)

There has been an improvement. Certainly. But we are not equivalent to men as yet.

Alpha

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 02:37:06 pm »
Indeed.........its a true fact!!

Man are still dominating the world as he has been doing for the past decades. It is something that we cannot change from one day to another. However you will all agree with me that there has been much progress concerning the status of women in the society!!

It will take time but I believe equality will prevail in some years.......You just have to be patient girls ::P

I don't believe equality can prevail... It is the ONE dark spot on a two hectares plain.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 09:40:24 pm »
I don't believe equality can prevail... It is the ONE dark spot on a two hectares plain.

tbh My Sociology Teacher used always say  In Conclusion , Discrimination still exists   when it came to matters like sexism , ageism as well as racism .....So Unfortunately that's actually true .
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 11:19:39 pm »
I feel exact equality has never been given to women on the account that they are different beings and have different needs.

However proportional equality towards them I believe have been made.

I need to go back over my old books to take a look at the rise and fall of equality in man and woman, and what we perceive as harsh may be something that is not. Everything is not what it seems.

Alpha

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 01:44:26 am »
tbh My Sociology Teacher used always say  In Conclusion , Discrimination still exists   when it came to matters like sexism , ageism as well as racism .....So Unfortunately that's actually true .

Yeah, that's true. Unfortunately.

I feel exact equality has never been given to women on the account that they are different beings and have different needs.

However proportional equality towards them I believe have been made.

I need to go back over my old books to take a look at the rise and fall of equality in man and woman, and what we perceive as harsh may be something that is not. Everything is not what it seems.

In the simplest language I can express it: women are now considered human, they are not equal.
Except in few countries where they are the boss.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:46:39 am by ~Alpha »

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 02:07:22 am »
In the simplest language I can express it: women are now considered human, they are not equal.
Except in few countries where they are the boss.  ::)

Ouch.....

Well let me being by saying that people's perception of freedom and equality vary from place to place, and often freedom is restricted for very good reasons. I think it is rather the over-protective nature of men that has become a perceived barrier to freedom by women, while not thinking of it like this would bring greater felicity.

However, in every society, there are and forever will be bad aspects. Men will be unkind, even brutal to their wives. Women will be the same, some women being unfaithful and so will men. The truth is, I think it is the generalization, that they can replace men, and command them that, lead them, and not be what they have been for the past few centuries. In simple terms: boredom, and an urge to prove superiority.

Yes, there have been cruelty towards women, I have read more cruelty towards women than towards men. Women have been suppressed, but so have men. In truth, so many writers have joined in trying to become famous by demagogy that often, exaggeration of cruelties have often been overlooked. But, I do not agree to the predominant idea, that women can do anything they please. They are separate beings, and so are men, and their differences respected. But, what has recently been occurring is breaking away from the conformities of society to create something new, but in doing so, the collapse of society is all that we are seeing.

Ambition often leads to personal satisfaction, but I have seen (many) women who are achieved but certainly not happy.

In truth, both man and woman have been blinded by the quest for the ether, to reach higher and higher, in short the lech of rank and respect, that serenity and tranquility is overlooked.

Trying to disprove the very nature of human beings is now the aim. I never believe a woman is confined from anything good for her in a moral society, but what concerns me is the insatiable thirst for changing what cannot be changed.

So is a man (following conformity), a man is also restricted to many things.

Equality was always there in societies that followed their conscience. But to think, the very idea where women refuse to have children at all, where it becomes a novelty that everyone wants to experience, where women will not want to be committed to marriage. I can tell you this, I have no problem with a woman being my boss, my leader or in fact anyone above me. What I do have a problem with is ceasing the very nature of mankind, ceasing to create new lines of kinship.

There are limits, for very good reasons. There are laws, that are meant to be broken. But to break, the most fundamental one, I assure all that, there is going to be chaos, so very soon.

Alpha

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 02:38:12 am »
Ouch.....

Well let me being by saying that people's perception of freedom and equality vary from place to place, and often freedom is restricted for very good reasons. I think it is rather the over-protective nature of men that has become a perceived barrier to freedom by women, while not thinking of it like this would bring greater felicity.

However, in every society, there are and forever will be bad aspects. Men will be unkind, even brutal to their wives. Women will be the same, some women being unfaithful and so will men. The truth is, I think it is the generalization, that they can replace men, and command them that, lead them, and not be what they have been for the past few centuries. In simple terms: boredom, and an urge to prove superiority.

Yes, there have been cruelty towards women, I have read more cruelty towards women than towards men. Women have been suppressed, but so have men. In truth, so many writers have joined in trying to become famous by demagogy that often, exaggeration of cruelties have often been overlooked. But, I do not agree to the predominant idea, that women can do anything they please. They are separate beings, and so are men, and their differences respected. But, what has recently been occurring is breaking away from the conformities of society to create something new, but in doing so, the collapse of society is all that we are seeing.

Ambition often leads to personal satisfaction, but I have seen (many) women who are achieved but certainly not happy.

In truth, both man and woman have been blinded by the quest for the ether, to reach higher and higher, in short the lech of rank and respect, that serenity and tranquility is overlooked.

Trying to disprove the very nature of human beings is now the aim. I never believe a woman is confined from anything good for her in a moral society, but what concerns me is the insatiable thirst for changing what cannot be changed.

So is a man (following conformity), a man is also restricted to many things.

Equality was always there in societies that followed their conscience. But to think, the very idea where women refuse to have children at all, where it becomes a novelty that everyone wants to experience, where women will not want to be committed to marriage. I can tell you this, I have no problem with a woman being my boss, my leader or in fact anyone above me. What I do have a problem with is ceasing the very nature of mankind, ceasing to create new lines of kinship.

There are limits, for very good reasons. There are laws, that are meant to be broken. But to break, the most fundamental one, I assure all that, there is going to be chaos, so very soon.

Wow... Quite long. Forgive me, I'll be rather short.  ::)

There is not and cannot be equality because both of the sexes, if they are to complement each other, cannot be equal-- cannot be substitutes.

If we're not equal, it's not a fatality. It's a reality, a stable one.

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 03:00:33 am »
I think I understand what Engraved is trying to say. At least, my perspective on the matter is that women cannot demand the same role in a society as men because they are no befitting for all roles, just as men are not. They are different individuals with distinct needs and capabilities, which differ from men, and they are not designed for a dominant role in a society.

Does that make them inferior or degraded? Not really. A good organization always has one head, which is logical and stable at all times and is ready to take up full responsibility of matters. It doesn't mean that other people who are involved in the infrastructure of the organization are inferior or useless, in fact their existence is the only way the organization is stable. I've give this parable to a family, which is also an organization with rules and a system. I'm not saying that men can do whatever the hell they want and women should only mop the house, I'm saying that someone needs to have a veto vote: someone does.

The reasons for this are simple. We're students and so it should be easy to clarify that it is scientifically proven that a woman's emotional quotient is usually higher than her intelligence quotient, as opposed to men. (Please, no arguments on how it differs for one women in a ten thousand. You know why.) Her monthly menstrual cycle leads to symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, which if you google up would ascribe certain amount of delirium and logical weakness to a woman. For someone who is to be the boss of a new generation, this is obviously not beneficiary in any regard. At the same time, she is perfectly suited for the role of a mother, a teacher and a molder of personality, because her love is beyond logic and reason. She has the power of sacrifice and resilience to pain, which even men do not encompass. These qualities are not, in my opinion, of a leader but of a revolutionary, whose efforts can change a whole generation if she pleases.

Like Alpha said, men and women complement each other. If someone studies Genetics, you will notice that there are only three ways of expression of an allele in presence of a dominant one: AA, meaning both are identical and dominant, so trait A is expressed; Aa, one is dominant and other is recessive, so still trait A is expressed--lastly, AB, where both are nonidentical and dominant so your specimen is torn into two different traits. Do you want your society to be split into two parts, your family to be broken at its hinges and your own mind going against what you're best at? Didn't think so.

I know I will attract huge criticism for my ideas but I guess it's understandable, very few people live by this ideal nowadays. Also, I'm a novelist, SO YES I ramble.  ::)
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Alpha

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 03:09:02 am »
I think I understand what Engraved is trying to say. At least, my perspective on the matter is that women cannot demand the same role in a society as men because they are no befitting for all roles, just as men are not. They are different individuals with distinct needs and capabilities, which differ from men, and they are not designed for a dominant role in a society.

Does that make them inferior or degraded? Not really. A good organization always has one head, which is logical and stable at all times and is ready to take up full responsibility of matters. It doesn't mean that other people who are involved in the infrastructure of the organization are inferior or useless, in fact their existence is the only way the organization is stable. I've give this parable to a family, which is also an organization with rules and a system. I'm not saying that men can do whatever the hell they want and women should only mop the house, I'm saying that someone needs to have a veto vote: someone does.

The reasons for this are simple. We're students and so it should be easy to clarify that it is scientifically proven that a woman's emotional quotient is usually higher than her intelligence quotient, as opposed to men. (Please, no arguments on how it differs for one women in a ten thousand. You know why.) Her monthly menstrual cycle leads to symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, which if you google up would ascribe certain amount of delirium and logical weakness to a woman. For someone who is to be the boss of a new generation, this is obviously not beneficiary in any regard. At the same time, she is perfectly suited for the role of a mother, a teacher and a molder of personality, because her love is beyond logic and reason. She has the power of sacrifice and resilience to pain, which even men do not encompass. These qualities are not, in my opinion, of a leader but of a revolutionary, whose efforts can change a whole generation if she pleases.

Like Alpha said, men and women complement each other. If someone studies Genetics, you will notice that there are only three ways of expression of an allele in presence of a dominant one: AA, meaning both are identical and dominant, so trait A is expressed; Aa, one is dominant and other is recessive, so still trait A is expressed--lastly, AB, where both are nonidentical and dominant so your specimen is torn into two different traits. Do you want your society to be split into two parts, your family to be broken at its hinges and your own mind going against what you're best at? Didn't think so.

I know I will attract huge criticism for my ideas but I guess it's understandable, very few people live by this ideal nowadays. Also, I'm a novelist, SO YES I ramble.  ::)

Similar views to Engraved.

And mine. :)

Your rambling was a good piece.  ;)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 03:17:23 am »

Comprehensive.

Freaked12

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 03:30:09 am »
Hilarious Posts.