Author Topic: Do u think Girls & Boys shld study in the SAME class or SEPARATED classes ?  (Read 21899 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
By experience and observation, I can prove that coeducation is better. Our school is coed. Its the best, in terms of academic performance in the country. Other comparable schools are the same. If your assumptions were true, this wouldn't be the case.

We don't need to hire boys and girls from other schools for cultural performances, unlike the single sexed schools.

Everybody will agree (even male or female chauvinists) that seeing the same faces everyday will be very boring.

When the subject of coed comes up, what immediately enters their mind in the first place, is sexual relationships between students. They fail to see the many advantages. Even this phenomenon is a good advantage as it teaches boys and girls to control themselves (most of them learn to, except a very few minority), which they would not learn in a single sexed school.
 For those who think this way, thus, boys and girls from single sexed schools, in fact, has a higher chance of becoming sexual beasts attributed to crimes like rap*, molestation or even prostitution simply because they do not learn to control themselves and the other sex is such a 'mystery' to them. It is always a characteristic of human to try to explore the 'unknown'. Students from coed schools, for the vast majority, learn to control themselves, for which they are undoubtedly better in coping with any situation, in their future life.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:24:43 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer

Dude didn't generalize, he talked of a minority and stated it. By the way, I don't know of your countries... but here, it's so true. ::)

Lol.
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
Well as I see it, none of the guys in our class are bent..

Clearly single sex school doesn't promote homosexuality. That's a faulty assumption.
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Neither have I seen or heard of any homosexuals in my school. Hard to believe that there could be such occurances, especially in an Arab country, as Engraved mentioned. Also Alpha. ::)

But it just goes on to illustrate how can coed schools cope with this problem. And how, single sexed school's students can sometimes engage in such retarded activities, though a minority.

Offline Aryan Adores

Yes,of course, I agree with the opinion that both boys and girls should be taught in the same class. I see no apparent reason to teach them separately.
I can say from my personal experience too that coeducation is better. By the way there are hardly any schools in my country where students are taught gender-based. I did my schooling and my high school with both sexes in the same class. Of course, people may develop a notion that such schools promote sexual activities, but that is all up to the conscience of students. There are many benefits of co-education. Most importantly, what I have personally felt is that such schools teaches us, especially the boys, to stay within the boundary set by the morale of the society and respect the opposite sex.
Benighted Soul

Offline Heart Hacker

• SF Addict !!! =D
  • SF Master
  • oh no!!

all my relatives are so (whatever) that they are like "OMG u talk to girls ..astagfirullah" "pola ta kharap hoiya gese"  :P

many schools dont want to give the students benefits of co-ed ONLY because they think the students will be more interested in romance and etc.  :P
but how is single-ed better in this case? i think the situation is worse.... desperation increases  ???

Hope for the Best .....Expect the Worst ;)

Thank Allah for everything :)

Offline Dana

• SF Immigrant
Personally I prefer co-ed schools over segregated schools ANYDAY. But there are pros and cons to each. I prefer co-ed because like many have said before, it makes the opposite sex a very normal issue. Girls can easily talk to boys without awkwardness and shyness and vice versa. Plus you know how its human nature to want what we can't have? That's what happens in single sex schools. Kids start acting up everytime they see the oppostie sex and they act as if this huuugee deal if they interacted with the oppsote gender and often girls and boys start doing things they shouldn't be doing with each other. Girls start talking to boys they don't know online,they start to meet up in secret, they start dating etc and a whole big story happens and I've seen this with my own eyes with soo many people, it's not just a theory and I'm sure you all have too; whereas in co ed schools like I said before, it's very normal to talk to the opposite sex. It also helps them in the long run like in work or uni since there are very few single sex unis and you cannot avoid interacting with the opposite gender your whole life. On the other side I know a co ed school in my area and the kids there are OUT OF CONTROL. You can find adultery, drugs, accidental pregancies, drinking, etc. It's SO bad. So it kinda depends on the nature of the students.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
@ SE - The matter has been solved .

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
By experience and observation, I can prove that coeducation is better. Our school is coed. Its the best, in terms of academic performance in the country. Other comparable schools are the same. If your assumptions were true, this wouldn't be the case.

We don't need to hire boys and girls from other schools for cultural performances, unlike the single sexed schools.

Everybody will agree (even male or female chauvinists) that seeing the same faces everyday will be very boring.

Sorry to say, some people here got a dirty mind. When the subject of coed comes up, what immediately enters their mind in the first place, is sexual relationships between students. They fail to see the many advantages. Even this phenomenon is a good advantage as it teaches boys and girls to control themselves (most of them learn to, except a very few minority), which they would not learn in a single sexed school.
 For those who think this way, thus, boys and girls from single sexed schools, in fact, has a higher chance of becoming sexual beasts attributed to crimes like rap*, molestation or even prostitution simply because they do not learn to control themselves and the other sex is such a 'mystery' to them. It is always a characteristic of human to try to explore the 'unknown'. Students from coed schools, for the vast majority, learn to control themselves, for which they are undoubtedly better in coping with any situation, in their future life.

Alrite people, lets end this. No more argument relating these "dirty" things, regardless if they are appropriate towards the topic at hand.

Alpha

I think you haven't read my post well. I never, never generalized. I talked about MY case.

If for you co-ed is better, for me, it's hell, by experience and observation.

They're not assumptions of a 'dirty' mind.

I've been humble enough to cite my own country and spare others.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:56:38 pm by ~Alpha »

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
I think you haven't read my post well. I never, never generalized. I talked about MY case.

If for you co-ed is better, for me, it's hell, by experience and observation.

They're not assumptions of a 'dirty' mind.

I've been humble enough to cite my own country and spare others.  

I did not reply to your post. I was talking in general, that most people overlook the advantages of coed schools just because they, in the first place, think boys and  girls will get too much involved in romance related things.

I did not quote your post. Its just that my post preceded yours, but it was a coincidence. I did not mean to imply it as a reply to your post.

Alpha

I did not reply to your post. I was talking in general, that most people overlook the advantages of coed schools just because they, in the first place, think boys and  girls will get too much involved in romance related things.

I did not quote your post. Its just that my post preceded yours, but it was a coincidence. I did not mean to imply it as a reply to your post.

It's okay.

But people here, do not be under the misconception that those who study in single sex schools are too 'confined within walls'. Take it as simple as that: some hate music while studying, but doesn't mean they know nothing about music.

The world is not enclosed in 4 walls.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
It's okay.

But people here, do not be under the misconception that those who study in single sex schools are too 'confined within walls'. Take it as simple as that: some hate music while studying, but doesn't mean they know nothing about music.

The world is not enclosed in 4 walls.

They are 'confined within walls' after all. Their situation compels them to.

Alpha

They are 'confined within walls' after all. Their situation compels them to.

That's an advantage, for people who can use their brains.  :P

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
That's an advantage, for people who can use their brains.  :P

Ignorance is bliss.  ;)