Author Topic: Has Marriage failed in its aim of prosperity between bride and the groom. ?  (Read 35668 times)

Freaked12

One study estimated that legal reforms accounted for about 20 percent of the increase in divorce rates in Europe between 1960 and 2002

In Australia, nearly every third marriage ends in divorce. After reaching a peak divorce rate of 2.7 per 1000 in 2001.

In Japan, divorces were on a generally upward trend from the 1960s until 2002 when they hit a peak of 290,000.

The overall divorce rate is in decline in the U.S., but so is the marriage rate.

Should we look at a relationship which is not decided on papers, That way , should one party get upset ,the party would not have to wait for any legal binding and would simply move on.
Benefiting the both parties ?

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
This is a weird topic!!!! :P Personally, I think marriage is bleh!!!! :P
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Freaked12

This is a weird topic!!!! :P Personally, I think marriage is bleh!!!! :P

Oye! This topic is gaining ground in the western Hemisphere.

Brad Pitt and Jolie are not even married

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer

Brad Pitt and Jolie are not even married

I didn't know that.
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

nid404

Marriage is security

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Marriage is security
Yes it means commitments and security for the children.

nid404

Yes it means commitments and security for the children.

security for women and children

Alpha

And responsibility, and sacrifice, and reliability.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
One study estimated that legal reforms accounted for about 20 percent of the increase in divorce rates in Europe between 1960 and 2002

In Australia, nearly every third marriage ends in divorce. After reaching a peak divorce rate of 2.7 per 1000 in 2001.

In Japan, divorces were on a generally upward trend from the 1960s until 2002 when they hit a peak of 290,000.

The overall divorce rate is in decline in the U.S., but so is the marriage rate.

Should we look at a relationship which is not decided on papers, That way , should one party get upset ,the party would not have to wait for any legal binding and would simply move on.
Benefiting the both parties ?

You're only aware of one side. Look at the examples of SUCCESSFUL marriages. My mom and dad are married for 20 long years, yet, thanks to God, they never had any serious quarrel, let alone divorce.

You should remember that marriage is not the cause of divorce. Its the mentality of the husband and wife which is the cause. And in this case, if their mentality points towards a likely divorce, it doesn't actually matter if they're married or just "living together". They'll break up anyway. Just that breaking up in a marriage is termed as "divorce" and in itself, termed as "broke up".

Freaked12

what if a man and woman stay together without being married on papers. Anyone who might be upset would simply leave and would return once the matters calm down

nid404

what if a man and woman stay together without being married on papers. Anyone who might be upset would simply leave and would return once the matters calm down

What if the woman realizes she's bearing that man's child?

Alpha

And why should they even come back? Who compels?

Freaked12

marriage forces people to stay together even if they are not happy. Time consuming and expensive divorce rulings all compel couples to stay together.This would bring a very negative effect on the children.

In Europe most of the couples are not even married.That was what i heard in National Geographic.

nid404

Kids love to see their parents together no matter what. Yes but if there's domestic violence...the child would like it better if his/her parents went separate ways.

Alpha

marriage forces people to stay together even if they are not happy. Time consuming and expensive divorce rulings all compel couples to stay together.This would bring a very negative effect on the children.

In Europe most of the couples are not even married.That was what i heard in National Geographic.

Happiness and conflicts are a cycle... They come and go...

It prevents people from acting and reacting hastily.* And gives them another chance to think.

And prevents them from losing what they could have had.