Author Topic: Does location on earth decides how rich a country would get  (Read 1138 times)

Freaked12

I saw this documentary in which a National geographic reporter states that had people in Somalia be born in England for example ,the Country would be same if not better in terms of wealth.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:45:35 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: {LAST} -Does location on earth decides how rich a country would get
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »
No.

It depends on the intention of the government/prime minister or big political leaders. For example, Malaysia was a poor country a few decades ago. The prime minister Mahathir Muhammad had great intentions of his country and was able to transform itself into a much more robust country. Had he not had the good intentions, Malaysia wouldn't be what it is today.

Freaked12

Re: {LAST} -Does location on earth decides how rich a country would get
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:48:43 pm »
No.

It depends on the intention of the government/prime minister or big political leaders. For example, Malaysia was a poor country a few decades ago. The prime minister Mahathir Muhammad had great intentions of his country and was able to transform itself into a much more robust country. Had he not had the good intentions, Malaysia wouldn't be what it is today.

France had its fair share of bad leaders like Napolean
Same with Germany, Italy (with the current Pm the most corrupt leader in history of mankind), Russia

and yet they are developed

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Does location on earth decides how rich a country would get
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:53:30 pm »
Corruption in France, Germany, Russia and Italy is NOTHING compared what happens here in Bangladesh and similar countries like India. I don't want to get into any detail because you wouldn't wanna hear, but yet, corruption in France and Italy is NOTHING.

Freaked12

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:14 pm »
But the leaders in Germany have twice dragged their country in two disastrous world wars.
Napoleon single handedly turned whole europe against France (correct me if i am wrong) and in the French-German Wars ,People in Paris had to eat on rats to escape starvation
yet now

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 04:01:16 pm »
Their leaders definitely had great intentions about their country. This is the main factor.

Offline lilly

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:09:39 pm »
Yes I think it does effect some people are more hardworking than others like if other people had been born in saudi and had the wealth that they have here they could accomplish a lot of more things but sometimes wealth makes people lazy