Author Topic: confused abt MY Future *uni +A level ??? *  (Read 6353 times)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
confused abt MY Future *uni +A level ??? *
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:26:45 pm »
i'm an IG student as y'all kno ...next year i'll be taking AS level , and i've been told by some of my friends that what u take in AS level has to be thnig u'll be studyin in college cuz that'll help u alot ... well the thing is i;m confused bt the course i wanna take as in what i wanna be in the future ......

i am really interested in Psychology , cuz i LOOOOVE helpin people and some of my friends tell me there problems and i have the best solutions *they r things i come up at that moment By the way or of my experience or my parents prior advice* .......but dady wants me to study accounting cuz he is obviously an accountant *all my sisters take commerce due to dad's desire and theirs* .....(By the way dad never forces us to get into a course if we don't  wish to)

i'm also interested in studyin Tele-communication Engineering cuz of the salary lol and maybe cuz it's physics ..idk

ohh and i forgot to mention , dad and mom ar TOTALLY  agianst the idea of Psychology .

i'm so frickin confused and don't kno what to do in AS level next year , so umm can anyone plz help i really ned help , it's MY FUTURE we're talkin abt!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: confused abt MY Future *uni +A level ??? *
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:58:15 pm »
i'm an IG student as y'all kno ...next year i'll be taking AS level , and i've been told by some of my friends that what u take in AS level has to be thnig u'll be studyin in college cuz that'll help u alot ... well the thing is i;m confused bt the course i wanna take as in what i wanna be in the future ......

i am really interested in Psychology , cuz i LOOOOVE helpin people and some of my friends tell me there problems and i have the best solutions *they r things i come up at that moment By the way or of my experience or my parents prior advice* .......but dady wants me to study accounting cuz he is obviously an accountant *all my sisters take commerce due to dad's desire and theirs* .....(By the way dad never forces us to get into a course if we don't  wish to)

i'm also interested in studyin Tele-communication Engineering cuz of the salary lol and maybe cuz it's physics ..idk

ohh and i forgot to mention , dad and mom ar TOTALLY  agianst the idea of Psychology .

i'm so frickin confused and don't kno what to do in AS level next year , so umm can anyone plz help i really ned help , it's MY FUTURE we're talkin abt!!

I helped a friend with this decision....

And her parents accepted the decision.

In the end, you never know what you like, unless you really try it. Psychology is very useful for personal life, as well a professional. But what will you ultimately be? That is the real question.

I mean, if you are going to go after a high profile job, with A LOT of pay, then a commercial job is most adequate. I understand these parents, and often they do not understand the motives behind your decisions.

Perhaps you can discuss this with Roxy(she took psychology), or Mony, they are very good at helping people decide on this. But, you can come to me, and perhaps, you also need to start asking the real questions, and that is Who you are, and who you intend to become. Often, you need to pave your own path, to become distinct from the others.

Often subjects can be more deceiving, because ultimately the job may be a lot of fun....

And I understand your parent's concern. But with proper reason, and the faith they entrust in you, you will come to make the right decision. iA.

Offline ~Mimi~

• SF Citizen
Re: confused abt the course i wanna register for
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:03:30 pm »
hey :) it's true what u take in ur alevels is important, but not like THAT important that you can't change your mind later on. Ex: If you take science subjects now, you can still change your mind after a-levels and go into a commerce course at uni, but vice versa wouldn't be possible.As in taking a commerce a-level might not gain you entry into science courses at uni.  However, knowing what you want to do in the future specifically will inshaAllah define how to prepare from now for it.

I'd say you should follow where your interests lie. where you find some sort of personal enthusiasm/passion. Something you can do ALL the time and not get bored  :D which in your case seems to be PSYCHOLOGY. :-X
If you want to become a psychologist, you should probably take a combo of the science subjects, psychology/maths in your a-levels. But it involves long years of study, as opposed to accounting where you'll probably be getting your first real job earlier. Google up what both careers involve, what you'd have to study, look up the a-level requirements at the uni you hope to go to :) I've heard some unis in egypt don't even need A-Levels :o

Abt the engineering thing, I wldn't do it if it's just for the heck of it, along the lines of " pays good salary, don't mind physics, why not?...."
Think of yourself 10-15 years from now working in the profession you're considering, are you enthusiastic abt going to work everyday? or is it just "3adi" (is tht how u spell it? ;D

Oh and about your parents , being a psychologist would be like being a doctor. maybe that'll make them more welcome to your ideas  :-\I think physicians earn more than engineers too.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:00:15 pm »
I helped a friend with this decision....

And her parents accepted the decision.

In the end, you never know what you like, unless you really try it. Psychology is very useful for personal life, as well a professional. But what will you ultimately be? That is the real question.

I mean, if you are going to go after a high profile job, with A LOT of pay, then a commercial job is most adequate. I understand these parents, and often they do not understand the motives behind your decisions.

Perhaps you can discuss this with Roxy(she took psychology), or Mony, they are very good at helping people decide on this. But, you can come to me, and perhaps, you also need to start asking the real questions, and that is Who you are, and who you intend to become. Often, you need to pave your own path, to become distinct from the others.

Often subjects can be more deceiving, because ultimately the job may be a lot of fun....

And I understand your parent's concern. But with proper reason, and the faith they entrust in you, you will come to make the right decision. iA.

if u can help me , well then plz do :D ..... roxy is busy i guess and mony ,wel she's in hols don't wanna ruin it for her :)

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
Re: confused abt the course i wanna register for
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:00:57 pm »
hey :) it's true what u take in ur alevels is important, but not like THAT important that you can't change your mind later on. Ex: If you take science subjects now, you can still change your mind after a-levels and go into a commerce course at uni, but vice versa wouldn't be possible.As in taking a commerce a-level might not gain you entry into science courses at uni.  However, knowing what you want to do in the future specifically will inshaAllah define how to prepare from now for it.

I'd say you should follow where your interests lie. where you find some sort of personal enthusiasm/passion. Something you can do ALL the time and not get bored  :D which in your case seems to be PSYCHOLOGY. :-X
If you want to become a psychologist, you should probably take a combo of the science subjects, psychology/maths in your a-levels. But it involves long years of study, as opposed to accounting where you'll probably be getting your first real job earlier. Google up what both careers involve, what you'd have to study, look up the a-level requirements at the uni you hope to go to :) I've heard some unis in egypt don't even need A-Levels :o

Abt the engineering thing, I wldn't do it if it's just for the heck of it, along the lines of " pays good salary, don't mind physics, why not?...."
Think of yourself 10-15 years from now working in the profession you're considering, are you enthusiastic abt going to work everyday? or is it just "3adi" (is tht how u spell it? ;D

Oh and about your parents , being a psychologist would be like being a doctor. maybe that'll make them more welcome to your ideas  :-\I think physicians earn more than engineers too.

thx alot mate ;)

elemis

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:14 am »
Do want you want to do in life. If you dont you will only regret it later on in life..

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 02:33:07 pm »
Do want you want to do in life. If you dont you will only regret it later on in life..

can u plz elaborate and xplain a lil bit  :-\

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 05:06:40 pm »
He means you have to research into yourself... And figure what do you WANT or have a BURNING DESIRE to do! If you go at the 'present opportunity', which may not as well be what you WANT, you may regret later that you didn't do what you wanted to do. :)

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 07:03:29 pm »
He means you have to research into yourself... And figure what do you WANT or have a BURNING DESIRE to do! If you go at the 'present opportunity', which may not as well be what you WANT, you may regret later that you didn't do what you wanted to do. :)

ahh okay ..thx By the way :D

Offline nursecindy

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 07:11:56 am »
Though we sometimes choose the path that have the most opportunities at the moment but then again if its not your passion, you will be miserable for for the whole life of your career.

Amelia

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 03:08:15 pm »
So, GG - i guess, da confusion abt your future is over?

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 03:12:24 pm »
So, GG - i guess, da confusion abt your future is over?

Not really . I took Physics since it's My favorite subject Plus because of the Salary i was talking about :P

I took Chemistry since i was kind of freaked out from the Idea of having a LONG syllabus Again . and i took Math since MOST colleges demand it .

But as for my future , Not even close  :-\ :-X ...I even started having this weird idea of becoming a translator
-__-

So ya :-[

Amelia

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 03:15:25 pm »
Why do I've a feeling u can be a great engineer? :-\

Ever thought of it?

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 03:16:45 pm »
Why do I've a feeling u can be a great engineer? :-\

Ever thought of it?

Yes I did but Which Major ? *As in is it Mechanical , electrical ...... Engineering * ?  :-\

Amelia

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:25:07 pm »
That depends on what fascinates u... as 4 my opinion go 4 mechanical.  :)