Author Topic: Summer job?  (Read 2170 times)

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
Summer job?
« on: June 10, 2010, 02:55:37 pm »
Hey ppl!! I was wondering if any of u will start a summer job..either for fun or for the money..lool
but I wanted a summer job as a teacher..but not quite sure how to start or from where to start..like wat grades do I teach..I've taken my As level this June..so wat level u think I shud teach? And the charges..per hour or by day...I don't even know wat subject to teach..but all I know is that I desperately need to do something to no get bored..:)
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
Re: Summer job?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 06:52:14 pm »
These factors are highly dependent on your location, sometimes more so your city rather than your country. So, first of all, you should tell us which country you are from. :)

Secondly, as someone who have completed their AS-Level, you obviously can't teach in a school or academy. If you're not in for the money, you can take part in an internship for community service or an educational internship. Both would make your resume shine and glimmer, especially make you feel good. :D That could involve you teaching the deprived strata of your society, as well as general welfare of your society.

If you want money, you will need to work harder than an internship. You can offer to teach O-Level/GCSE or younger students, possibly in your own school. You can talk to them on an one-on-one basis or print fliers and distribute them amongst your peers. Your prices should probably be based on how long you're willing to teach. If you'll teach everyday and can teach a couple of hours or more, the prices should probably be per week or per class. If you wouldn't teach more than an hour and on weekdays/weekends only, then your price should be per hour. Make sure your prices are considerably lower than the professional tutors and teachers in academies or cram schools.

You should also think of where you would teach--you'd probably want them to come to your house, in which case you and your family might need some kind of agreement to handle the children. If not, you should have conveyance to go to the students' residences.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:53:55 pm by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline maybeitwastheneighbors

• vvvvvvrrrrrrrooooommm=randomness+lalala!
  • SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:53:07 pm »
hey i worked as a telemarketer this summer...and unless ur ready to smile in the face of grumpiness galore, i dont recommend it... *shudders from experience*
a good job would be like a preschool teacher! they always want ppl to play with the kids! and wats better is that ur really good at english! they also want english teachers for babies...u know, a, b, c, d, kassar eedi  ;D :P ;D
im not sure wat its like in geepo but im just saying for over here in jo.
or as a tutor for young kids. but its kinda hard over here since u have to at least have ur high school certificate  ;D which i dont
look in the classifieds of ur local newspaper! thats where u might find anything ur fit for!  ;D ;D ;D
doki doki hatter

Offline Dibss

• Chit-Chatter
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:21:15 pm »
Haha you guys! She asked this in June... Her summer vacation is probably ending soon :P
It's great that you tried to help though :D Keep it up ;)

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 03:26:22 am »
LOL!! hahahah..I knoww!! kind of late now since am starting my studies soon insA..LOL! haha but thanks for ur help girls!! +rep to u all..but lemme just get 6 hrs :P..but do remind me to +rep if I forgot ;)
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

Offline maybeitwastheneighbors

• vvvvvvrrrrrrrooooommm=randomness+lalala!
  • SF Master
  • yep, believe it.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 05:21:18 am »
well im not a big fan of looking at the date  >:( :P
anyhoo...i have shared my experience...now i can pass on peacefully  ;D
doki doki hatter

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:07:17 am »
I knew that. But I posted anyway just in case, or maybe someone other than the original poster could benefit from it. :D
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline patrick89

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 09:18:13 am »
I had to get a summer job this year. To be honest though, I did'nt mind it. It made a nice change to have some spare cash.