Author Topic: The CAS system  (Read 9771 times)

Offline ExamPapersGeek

• SF Geek
    • The Education Directory
The CAS system
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:40:27 pm »
You know the CAS (Creativity Action Service) there are awards for it, the bronze, silver and gold...

what are the requirements for each one? how many hours?

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
Re: The CAS system
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 05:14:50 pm »
i know for a fact that silver award needs 50 hours of each and the Bronze award needs (not sure) 12 or 15 hours of each.

As for Gold award i am not even sure if it exists :)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:31 am »

Offline lil_choco_cat42

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:36:29 am »
I don't think you can get an award for only 50 hrs in each category... it's 150 hours each and you're supposed to be doing 50 hrs in of Creativty, 50 of action, and 50 of service. Also, what our CAS coordinator said in the beginning of the year is you can only do a max of 25 hrs in each activity.. soooo i think to get an award u need more of a diversified portfolio which many activities...

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:25:37 pm »
But in our school you have to have a total of 150 hours of CAS, around 50 hours creativity, around 50 hours Action, and around 50 hours Service. I say around cos i have seen people doin 48 hours but say 52 hours in another one, and they get the Silver award.
Well in our school we have bronze and silver award only.

My brother finished IB last week, and these were his requirements.
Next year i will start IB. ;D

Offline lil_choco_cat42

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:57:46 pm »
You're starting IB next year? GOOD LUCK!!
have lots and lots and lots of fun this summer because i'm almost done with my first year of IB and in the summer not only do i have to write the extended essay, but all of the teachers are giving us either h/w or internal assesments and yeah its not fun at all...
hope u're ready to throw ur social life away  :'(

what are your highers?

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »
Computer science - cos they are teachin Java
Math - its one of my best subject, sorry for not being modest ;D
Economics - also another subject that i get good grades in.

Thanks for tellin me to throw my social life  :-*  ;D

wat about you? wat r ur highers?

Offline lil_choco_cat42

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:15:32 pm »
Econ
Business
English
those are my highers...

they say computer science is really really hard :S

no way you're taking math higher?

i'm taking math standard and i'm suffering..i'm barely able to pass...the whole year i just passed one test..and the final exam is on thursday and im about to go crazy!!

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:34:28 pm »
cmon math is/was-always one of my top subject, so i always do math higher/ extended. everyones been warnin me about takin maths higher  ::)

I was also warned about computer science. but i like programmin, did html for igs liked it, and then did a lil javascript and i luved it... so i thought i would like CS

Offline lil_choco_cat42

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:35:46 pm »
wanna be my math tutor for this week? :P lol kidding!
but wow...so you must be really really smart cause u're taking ALL the hard subjects!!

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:29 pm »
cmon its not really all the hard subjects.
another thing: its not good to call people smart, i will start to feel over-confident and fail! And it will be you to blame, wish i could tell that to my parents, blame it all on you  ;D

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 09:05:09 pm »
hey as a matter of fact i do help my friends in math, physics, economics and business. as for english i suck big time! i really suck at it, i have no idea about how to do a single thing in english my eNGlish iS suPPoseD to be BAd.

So u know i think you are a genius to take english higher, i am really worried about next years english!  i hope i could drop it, but you can't!
I am takin arabic as a second language, wat did you take second language?

Offline lil_choco_cat42

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 09:07:38 pm »
don't drop english!! it's really pretty easy!!
i'm taking arabic as second language too!

sooo now u gotta help me in math :P

Offline Lord Crz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:40 pm »
English isn't an option, i will drop it if it was. i suck at languages, i hate it too. you know once for an english course work i was determined to work hard and get at least a B, I worked for a whole month at it. and every day i edited it and i did research and all sorts of work for it, then when i have to give it in, i gave it in.
So after some days the teacher returns it, and i got a nice lil D in it! and the teacher said that i didn't work hard ENOUGH!  >:(   then for some more essays and coursework, i worked hard, but again bad grades and the teacher said i didn't work hard enough! my other grades such as economics and business started to suffer cos of f***in english  >:( i sorta gave up in english after these, i simply am hopeless in languages. ;D

another thing is wats the use of learnin essays and all? i mean cmon you have to put a bunch of points in writin, thats wat we had to do. points about certain topics. why not just list them, that way it makes more sense! and its easier!

Offline lil_choco_cat42

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 10:18:09 pm »
see i feel the exact same way about math...i mean i study and study and study and then comes the test and i dont know how to solve anything...by the end of the first semester i got to a point where i was like im done with it..if i fail i fail..its all good u know :P well i'll edit ur essays for ya if u want :D its actually pretty easy..depending on what books ur school chooses for ur english ib course... we did 1984, the crucible, and the bean trees..so far soo good... :)