Author Topic: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!  (Read 10362 times)

Alpha

Re: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »
In a capitalistic society where every member gets what he deserves according to his ability ,why should that person donate.Government should provide education for all be it poor or rich but thats where the role should finish. After that it depends on the person and his ability to afford what he wants

For the government to give money, it should first be having the funds. And poverty is not a priority, a government may be having other projects as well. AND people claim to be dependent, then why when they have problems they should always hope for the government to help? Where does the money come?

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 03:38:23 pm »
For the government to give money, it should first be having the funds. And poverty is not a priority, a government may be having other projects as well. AND people claim to be dependent, then why when they have problems they should always hope for the government to help? Where does the money come?

But those 'other projects' are mostly for the benefit of poor people! :-\

For example,

1. Subsidizing sugar mills - mostly poor people are the workers over there. They benefit.

2. Building roads and bridges in rural areas - mostly used by poor people.

3. Microcredit schemes - only for poor people willing to start a business.

MANY more.

So, if I give tax, I help poor people (the above are just a few ways). So, taxes = Charity.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:38 pm »
~Alpha     08:41:13 PM   Viewing Who's Online.

~Alpha     08:44:18 PM   Viewing the topic Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!.

She's still viewing it... Don't know when she'll post. ::)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:46:59 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Alpha

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 03:46:54 pm »
But those 'other projects' are mostly for the benefit of poor people! :-\

For example,

1. Subsidizing sugar mills - mostly poor people are the workers over there. They benefit.

Giving poor people low order level jobs will help them? Prices are also rising... remember.
Do you think subsidies are efficient tools? I see them as a paralyzing factor.

2. Building roads and bridges in rural areas - mostly used by poor people.

That does not bring them food, shelter and clothing-- the basics.

3. Microcredit schemes - only for poor people willing to start a business.

Rich people would work and tire themselves out to hell for their tax money to be given to the poor ones who are going to set up small businesses, sell at lower prices, take away their consumers and increase competition?

MANY more.

So, if I give tax, I help poor people (the above are just a few ways). So, taxes = Charity.

Are you?

Alpha

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »
~Alpha     08:41:13 PM   Viewing Who's Online.

~Alpha     08:44:18 PM   Viewing the topic Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!.

She's still viewing it... Don't know when she'll post. ::)

Who pays you to spy on me?  :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 03:53:46 pm »
Giving poor people low order level jobs will help them? Prices are also rising... remember.
Do you think subsidies are efficient tools? I see them as a paralyzing factor.
I know, its paralyzing. But giving them charity outright is also a paralyzing factor, don't you think?

That does not bring them food, shelter and clothing-- the basics.

They already have that. Besides, only if they have road, bridges etc they will be able to look for work elsewhere and earn money for food, shelter, clothing etc etc etc... Labour needs to be mobile. Money is the key to everything.

Rich people would work and tire themselves out to hell for their tax money to be given to the poor ones who are going to set up small businesses, sell at lower prices, take away their consumers and increase competition?

The government would do that. The reason why rich people evade taxes is due to the inefficiency of the government. But it'll increase in the future, I hope.

Are you?

Ummm... actually yes, though not in full. But that should be enough for charity considering 2.5% is the min. according to religion.

Who pays you to spy on me?

You. ::)

You're so less active in the debates nowadays.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:03:56 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »
~Alpha     08:58:35 PM   Posting in Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!.

EMINEM!!! ;D

Alpha

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 04:14:35 pm »
I know, its paralyzing. But giving them charity outright is also a paralyzing factor, don't you think?

But it's not paralysing the whole economy... still.

They already have that. Besides, only if they have road, bridges etc they will be able to look for work elsewhere and earn money for food, shelter, clothing etc etc etc... Money is the key to everything.

I think we also have roads, bridges etc. Still, do they find work?
Poor people do not live in valleys, or at the other side of riverbanks. They are everywhere, even there where the rich are.

The government would do that. The reason why rich people evade taxes is due to the inefficiency of the government. But it'll increase in the future, I hope.

Then why are people looking for their democracy? Modern man no longer wants communism.

Ummm... actually yes, though not in full. But that should be enough for charity considering 2.5% is the min. according to religion.

Yes... Thankfully, religion still lives.

You. ::)

You're so less active in the debates nowadays.

I try my best to be.

I sack you from your job then.  :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »
You took 16 minutes to post this. :P

But it's not paralysing the whole economy... still.

Its the same. You start 'paralyzing' the poor people by giving loads of charity, they become lazy and don't look for a job. Your economy becomes lazy ultimately, since often in countries like BD, poor people are greater in number than rich. And it is important that they do not become lazy.

Imagine it this way. If somebody were poor, but the rich people of the community suddenly announced a regular level of charity for them, high. They will no  longer have the incentive to work. Less GDP, less well off economy.

I think we also have roads, bridges etc. Still, do they find work?
Poor people do not live in valleys, or at the other side of riverbanks. They are everywhere, even there where the rich are.

The factor here is labour mobility. Work is not often available in the villages. But is abundant in cities like here. Though urbanisation could put a strain in the longer term, at least they will be more mobile and able to look for work better. Thus fend for their family better.

Yes they are everywhere even where there are rich. But its their failure. We are not anyone to blame for it.

Then why are people looking for their democracy? Modern man no longer wants communism.

"Democracy" and "Communism" are not interchangeable. :P Its the fault of the govt.

Yes... Thankfully, religion still lives.

You thought I were a spoilt brat?!!! :P

But I wouldn't call myself to be religious.

I try my best to be.

I sack you from your job then. 

Oh hello? ::)

Spying is my business, not job. :P

Alpha

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 02:55:58 pm »
You took 16 minutes to post this. :P

And days...?  :)

Its the same. You start 'paralyzing' the poor people by giving loads of charity, they become lazy and don't look for a job. Your economy becomes lazy ultimately, since often in countries like BD, poor people are greater in number than rich. And it is important that they do not become lazy.

Then, what to do? If you say taxes are charity, then we shouldn't be paying taxes?

Imagine it this way. If somebody were poor, but the rich people of the community suddenly announced a regular level of charity for them, high. They will no  longer have the incentive to work. Less GDP, less well off economy.

It's natural that if you give away what you need, you won't give many.

The factor here is labour mobility. Work is not often available in the villages. But is abundant in cities like here. Though urbanisation could put a strain in the longer term, at least they will be more mobile and able to look for work better. Thus fend for their family better.

Yes they are everywhere even where there are rich. But its their failure. We are not anyone to blame for it.

Standard of living is damn high in cities. Poor people, if they work there, would get a very meager salary. How will they survive in a world alien to their own?

"Democracy" and "Communism" are not interchangeable. :P Its the fault of the govt.

And of the people who vote for the govt.

You thought I were a spoilt brat?!!! :P

Wasn't talking about you, but people in general.

Oh hello? ::)

Spying is my business, not job. :P

Very profitable, your business.  ::)

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 03:03:00 pm »
And days...?  :)

Then, what to do? If you say taxes are charity, then we shouldn't be paying taxes?

We can pay taxes. But not give charity. But we can do so just to gain publicity or recognition for example by donating a political party.

It's natural that if you give away what you need, you won't give many.

I need my mobile phone, my laptop, my computer, my watch, my TV. Is it natural and the deed of a sane person to give them away? Only philosophical people are mad enough to give them away and I'm not one.

Standard of living is damn high in cities. Poor people, if they work there, would get a very meager salary. How will they survive in a world alien to their own?

Better than living in villages and earning nothing or stealing (poor people are very expert at stealing, fyi).

Alpha

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 03:08:22 pm »
We can pay taxes. But not give charity. But we can do so just to gain publicity or recognition for example by donating a political party.

But if you keep paying taxes, business incentives will be low. And governments compete to attract investments.

I need my mobile phone, my laptop, my computer, my watch, my TV. Is it natural and the deed of a sane person to give them away? Only philosophical people are mad enough to give them away and I'm not one.

I didn't call anyone mad. Nor did I mean to give away everything.

Better than living in villages and earning nothing or stealing (poor people are very expert at stealing, fyi).

Prejudice > You can't make them scapegoats. Rich people steal too.

Strange... these same villages give them what they need to stay alive.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 03:20:24 pm »
But if you keep paying taxes, business incentives will be low. And governments compete to attract investments.

Tax rates at present don't cause any disincentives. All governments are VERY careful not to set tax rates so as to cause disincentives. And evading charity doesn't mean an increase in the tax rates. People are not discouraged to take up jobs and do business now, despite the high rates of taxes. So, they will not have any disincentive to do the same if they avoid charity cause taxes=charity.

Prejudice > You can't make them scapegoats. Rich people steal too.

Rich people steal, but in a civilized manner. They are MUCH better than the poors who steal for the fun of it.

Nor did I mean to give away everything.

Then don't tell "Give what you need!"!. :P

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:49:10 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Alpha

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »
Tax rates at present don't cause any disincentives. All governments are VERY careful not to set tax rates so as to cause disincentives. And evading charity doesn't mean an increase in the tax rates. People are not discouraged to take up jobs and do business now, despite the high rates of taxes. So, they will not have any disincentive to do the same if they avoid charity cause taxes=charity.

Rich people steal, but in a civilized manner. They are MUCH better than the poors who steal for the fun of it.

Then don't tell "Give what you need!"!. :P

You forget that taxes tend to penalize a part of the population, be it progressive, regressive, or proportionate. But charity is not an imposition. People who can and are willing to pay, feel absolutely free to do so. Now, how many of them are willing... still remains to be checked.

LOL, rich people steal in a civilized manner? They also kill in a 'civilized' manner. Then, they are 'civilized' criminals.  ;)
Then, we must be having a 'civilized' court to judge them, 'civilized' prisons to keep them in, and if their crime is heinous, a 'civilized' death? LOL, seriously Borakk?  :P

And about the "give what you need". A simple example. You have kept some yogurt in the fridge. It got spoiled, meaning you don't need it anymore. So, you will give away the yogurt YOU can't eat to someone poor, just because throwing it away is a waste??

Freaked12

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 01:55:08 pm »
You forget that taxes tend to penalize a part of the population, be it progressive, regressive, or proportionate. But charity is not an imposition. People who can and are willing to pay, feel absolutely free to do so. Now, how many of them are willing... still remains to be checked.

LOL, rich people steal in a civilized manner? They also kill in a 'civilized' manner. Then, they are 'civilized' criminals.  ;)
Then, we must be having a 'civilized' court to judge them, 'civilized' prisons to keep them in, and if their crime is heinous, a 'civilized' death? LOL, seriously Borakk?  :P

And about the "give what you need". A simple example. You have kept some yogurt in the fridge. It got spoiled, meaning you don't need it anymore. So, you will give away the yogurt YOU can't eat to someone poor, just because throwing it away is a waste??

Charity=less incentives for Poor people to work
Taxes=More money for public welfare,creating more employment and thus total income rises.
KAPISH!