Author Topic: How was Bio paper 1 :D  (Read 4985 times)

Offline amna khan

Re: How was Bio paper 1 :D
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2010, 04:57:10 pm »
how in the hell is it increase, increase? moderate exercise=deeper breathing=higher tidal volume so X will clearly decrease!

is X-decrease Y-increase correct then?

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2010, 05:48:55 pm »
Why would a higher tidal volume decrease X?

Decreasing the volume of maximum air breathed in and henceforth, breathed out, means that for any given time, the amount of air taken in (and so, oxygen) is less. So, the quantity of fresh air in the lungs decreases every passing unit time. Also, with less air breathed out, the stale air is not being thrown out as efficiently as it would be with an 'increase in Y'. So, basically, moderate exercise should result in death of a person in a matter of a minute because he is typically destroying his diffusion gradient.

It's true that an increase in tidal volume would occur; but if anything it should increase the vital capacity, because it will most definitely decrease the residual air, one way or another.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:50:27 pm by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline cashem'up

• SF Geek
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2010, 08:51:17 pm »
i dont noe wat u guys r sayin but it was pretty simple rite.......a persons vital capacity should stay constant however when a person does excercise his tidal volume should increase therefore curve goes up so X decreases and Y increases :P
And i think for the other question abt sucrose it was tricky.......they didnt ask low or high...they asked increase or decrease
so as u noe the concept of mass flow after sucrose is loaded water enters phloem my diffusion INCREASING the water potential creating a hydrostatic pressure so i doubt its LOW  as many of u said...............