Author Topic: How was Bio paper 1 :D  (Read 5056 times)

Offline [Spy]

• SF Joker (2)
  • SF Geek
  • Watch Your Back.
Re: How was Bio paper 1 :D
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 04:50:15 pm »
my friend, sucrose enters the seive tub from a source (leaf) and leaves it at a sink (root).
Kids in back seats cause accidents, accidents in back seats cause kids.
David Guetta<3
Student Forum<3

Offline ArcticFox

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 07:10:24 pm »
It Was Soo Tricky actually...Am Startin' To Hate this Subject

Offline Ykov

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21:42 pm »
Ahh, crap, got confused there XD That's 1 question down

Offline IGCSE nightmare

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 05:47:17 am »
1. D (xylem then nucleolous then ribosome.

2. C (you cant see the ER because they are very close to each other and light microscope has low resolution)

3. i put A, i dont know if its right. though i know its either A or C

question about heart it was P and T

for the valve one i put A about tendons, but alot of people put C.

for the seive tube question it was low water potential and sucrose leaving.

and q40. it was B as i remember. same community and same trophic level, NOT same habitat and NOT same niche.

:D

For the ecology question, I wrote that they have the same community and same habitats because it was clearly written that they lived in the 'same' forests bla bla

And the cell you can see under LM I wrote the one which mitochondria could be seen and Golgi but no ER, because it had a high magnification

You are freaking me out! :o
What about what happens to the X and Y when moderate exercises ...
And which cells are placed in which solution
And which processes allow materials in and out? This question confused me because I had in mind it'll be a tricky question :/

Offline Worriyo

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 07:30:16 am »

For the ecology question, I wrote that they have the same community and same habitats because it was clearly written that they lived in the 'same' forests bla bla

And the cell you can see under LM I wrote the one which mitochondria could be seen and Golgi but no ER, because it had a high magnification

You are freaking me out! :o
What about what happens to the X and Y when moderate exercises ...
And which cells are placed in which solution
And which processes allow materials in and out? This question confused me because I had in mind it'll be a tricky question :/

1. D (increase-increase)
2.D(cant remember the choices  :P )
3.all of them :S
anyone with different answers plz write them down  :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 08:00:28 am »
I'm so happy, most of my answers match up =P

But for the ecology question, shouldn't it be the option '1 and 4'? Their niche is definitely different and their community/habitat is definitely same.
Also, under the light microscope, I think it would be the option with the nucleus and ER visible, because mitochondria are the largest of cytoplasmic organelles and lysosomes are the last most probable organelles to be seen under the microscope.
The cells were 3 and 5 in the plasmolysed state, in solution of 1 mol dm-3 sucrose but I don't remember the cell in the salt solution.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline IGCSE nightmare

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2010, 09:38:20 am »
I'm so happy, most of my answers match up =P

But for the ecology question, shouldn't it be the option '1 and 4'? Their niche is definitely different and their community/habitat is definitely same.
Also, under the light microscope, I think it would be the option with the nucleus and ER visible, because mitochondria are the largest of cytoplasmic organelles and lysosomes are the last most probable organelles to be seen under the microscope.
The cells were 3 and 5 in the plasmolysed state, in solution of 1 mol dm-3 sucrose but I don't remember the cell in the salt solution.

Ya .. I got 3 and 5 in 1M sucrose and 2 & 4 in 0.1M salt soln
About the moderate exercise question, it should be decrease and decrease because X and Y were the variables for the volumes of air above the tidal volume so if it increased then X will decrease
Yes .. I got 1 & 4 only too for the ecology question

Offline [Spy]

• SF Joker (2)
  • SF Geek
  • Watch Your Back.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 10:46:30 am »
X and Y is increase, increase

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE SAME HABITAT, IT CLEARLY SAYS ONE WAS IN A FOREST AND THE OTHER IN GRASSLAND. THEY LIVE IN THE SAME COMMUNITY AND THEY ARE THE SAME TROPHIC LEVEL.

for the cells question yeah it was D, and i think it was something like 2 and 4,  3 and 5.
but yeah D.

for the processes question, it was all of them.

for the magnification question, Mitochondria Can Be Seen Under The Microscope thats right, BUT in that choice you had ER too, and you cant see ER, so it was C, because even there are a number of differently sized mitochondrion's so yeah i dont know.
David Guetta<3
Student Forum<3

Offline hesho21

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 10:50:46 am »
They said they live in the same area of forest and grassland , so I think by mentioning same "area" then they mean same habitat..

Offline [Spy]

• SF Joker (2)
  • SF Geek
  • Watch Your Back.
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 10:52:28 am »
how can one live in a grassland and the other in a forest and have the same habitat? :s

by same area they meant....trying to confuse you :)
David Guetta<3
Student Forum<3

Offline unknown 101

• SF Joker
  • SF Master
  • FEELING GREATER THAN EVERR :D
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 11:07:46 am »
how can one live in a grassland and the other in a forest and have the same habitat? :s

by same area they meant....trying to confuse you :)

agool bas mesawy genius!! etla3 menhhhhaaaaa!! :P

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 11:25:55 am »
How can one live in the same community but not the same habitat? They say both of them lived in the same area of a forest and grassland. They didn't say one of them lived in the grassland and other the forest, no? A community is different species living at the same place at the same time...so most likely, a common habitat.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline hesho21

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »
How can one live in the same community but not the same habitat? They say both of them lived in the same area of a forest and grassland. They didn't say one of them lived in the grassland and other the forest, no? A community is different species living at the same place at the same time...so most likely, a common habitat.

That's what I'm talking about, why else would they mention the same area , which is actually the definition of habitat "same area" :D  Somebody ask his biology teacher plz :P

Offline amna khan

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »

what did u guys write for questions 1-3

and what about the 2 questions concerning the heart... one with the electircal impulse diagram nd the other talking about the a heart disease in which the semi lunar valve where damaged or something like that...

also there was a question about seive tube elements in photosynthesising plants and in actively growing roots... ??
finally... question 40..???

if you guys could answer my questions above that would be more than great....   :)

1- B
2- C
3- B

for the electircal impulses diagram it was option B. P and T one.
and for the heart disease it was option D. the one which said the left ventrical gets enlarged.
for the sieve tubes one sucrose would move out in the roots while water potential in the leaves increases. i guess that was option D.
and for 40 the correct ans was decrease decrease. i chose the wrong option for this one :-[

Offline tmisterr

• SF Citizen
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »
X and Y is increase, increase

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE SAME HABITAT, IT CLEARLY SAYS ONE WAS IN A FOREST AND THE OTHER IN GRASSLAND. THEY LIVE IN THE SAME COMMUNITY AND THEY ARE THE SAME TROPHIC LEVEL.

for the cells question yeah it was D, and i think it was something like 2 and 4,  3 and 5.
but yeah D.

for the processes question, it was all of them.

for the magnification question, Mitochondria Can Be Seen Under The Microscope thats right, BUT in that choice you had ER too, and you cant see ER, so it was C, because even there are a number of differently sized mitochondrion's so yeah i dont know.

how in the hell is it increase, increase? moderate exercise=deeper breathing=higher tidal volume so X will clearly decrease!