Author Topic: please help with IT .  (Read 3542 times)

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
please help with IT .
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:41:45 pm »
sorry i have many Question ,,  please if any one could answer them , i have exam tomorrow and i have these doubts .

Q1:some one said in old posts that in Access ,  about the footer name

"
.if one page>>>  name in report footer
                       if more than one page>> in page footer
"

is it true ??  if our report is one page then the name should be in report footer if more, then it will be in page footer ?

Q2: wat are the widows and orphans in  front page ?

Q3: why is Vlookup used by every one while it is mentioned to use a lookup function u can get correct answers by both .. so wats the difference ??

Q4: can any one explain how to edit the date formats in all the documents ?? i mean in access when i change the format to  DD/MM/YY the error thing no longer shows but still the dates are in MM/DD/YY format .
if i changed it into ex. ( 31-jan-2008 )  is it ok ??  please the dates are big problem for me

Q5: how shud i print the pie chart ?  in paper 2 2009 . does it have to be on separate page ? 

Q6: in word when i set the margins to 0 in first page to remove the header and footer  like it said here
-Word:
No header and footer on first page:
1) Go to file
2) Click on page setup
3) On the tabs click on layout
4) Under Headers and footers click on different first page
5) Set "from edge" margins to 0 cm

my header and footer still shows up ,, why ?? any one knows a better way to do that ??
Q7: why is the word document showing 3 pages in one window ?

Q8: What does this step means ?  how do we do it ?

"In the style sheet excerpt, amend the style for a paragraph so that it will accept
any generic sans-serif font as well as the specified fonts. Change the style sheet
so that this is correct. "

and where is style sheet excerpt ?

Q9: this year in Excel .. is there any IF function ?  go i need to go through them ? 

Q10: wat does this step means ?
"53 Save the presentation using a new filename. Print the presentation showing only
the slides, with each slide on a separate page."

Q11: do they need any highlighting this year in CSS ?? the after exam thing ?

Q12: can some one please explain the Email part we never practiced it at school neither i did at home.
just can u say in steps wat we have to do ?

thanks alot alot . please if any one know any of these answer me . as i have noticed no one answers stuff about IT any more D:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:46:16 pm by emii »
former member

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: please help with IT .
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:48:27 pm »
sorry i have many Question ,,  please if any one could answer them , i have exam tomorrow and i have these doubts .

"
"

is it true ??  if our report is one page then the name should be in report footer if more, then it will be in page footer ?

Q3: why is Vlookup used by every one while it is mentioned to use a lookup function u can get correct answers by both .. so wats the difference ??

Q4: can any one explain how to edit the date formats in all the documents ?? i mean in access when i change the format to  DD/MM/YY the error thing no longer shows but still the dates are in MM/DD/YY format .
if i changed it into ex. ( 31-jan-2008 )  is it ok ??  please the dates are big problem for me

Q5: how shud i print the pie chart ?  in paper 2 2009 . does it have to be on separate page ? 

Q6: in word when i set the margins to 0 in first page to remove the header and footer  like it said here
-Word:
1) Go to file
2) Click on page setup

my header and footer still shows up ,, why ?? any one knows a better way to do that ??

"In the style sheet excerpt, amend the style for a paragraph so that it will accept
any generic sans-serif font as well as the specified fonts. Change the style sheet

Q9: this year in Excel .. is there any IF function ?  go i need to go through them ? 

"53 Save the presentation using a new filename. Print the presentation showing only

Q12: can some one please explain the Email part we never practiced it at school neither i did at home.

thanks alot alot . please if any one know any of these answer me . as i have noticed no one answers stuff about IT any more D:

Q1)only put in page footer if it will go in every page
Everything else I do not know. I know what I need to know to make websites, but this does not even include css. I have to make every page individually.

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:02:13 am »
lol u turned into an it and ict teacher.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:07:17 am »
I hoped someone else would answer this. ict is not my thing really.

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:07:11 am »
thanks astar , for trying to help even though its not your thing =D  <333
i appreciate it

hope some one could tell me some stuff , i have exam in 3 hours . 
my bad for posting at last moment
former member

Offline Christy

• SF Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 08:25:15 am »

"
"

-Word:
1) Go to file
2) Click on page setup

Answer 1:
the page footer is for the END of the page but the report footer data under the field or the whole information ... right under it .. like u put formulas there .

Answer 2:
Widows and orphans are in word. Eg. u have a sentence and it continues sentence down .. so widows and orphans doesnt allow that .... it takes the whole sentence down

Answer 3:
i really dont no if its the same or not .... ive never come across Vlookup

Answer 4:
its not a problem ... if they specify how the date is suppose to be then u have to format it in that way .. but if they say wrrite the date it doesnt matter in which way it is

Answer 5:
well i havent done my exam yet .... so i have no idea

Answer 10:
just print it normally ... it doesnt require any changes ... just check in ur print window at the bottom of the window its ritten "print what:" and set it to slides

Answer 12:
open ur email .....
type the email name , subj. title and the content
send
wait for a while till u recieve an email " search ur junk cause it comes there sometime ... "
when u recieved the email, do the instructions they ask u ... mostly they ask u to go to a website and search and get files

hope it helps and hope im not tooo late ....
well can u do something for me ... can u tell me wat came in the exam??  

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 08:48:36 am »
thanks , amber.
hope my other Questions get answered and if any one have another answers then plz post too .
former member

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 09:35:43 am »
wat time does ur exam start?
let me read the answers and look if there r other answers too.

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 09:38:53 am »
im typing quickly, so u get the answers b4 the exam starts.

Q2)for widows and orphans,
if a paragraph appreaars in more than 1 page, then,
select the paragraph,
right click
paragraph
line and page breaks tab
in pagination, tick keep lines together.

in the end no parahraph shuld appear in more than one page

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 09:45:08 am »
Q7) zoom in to "page width"

Q8)i saw this in some paper (2007 or 2008)
they have given a stylesheet in ms word.
nothing related to frontpage.
we have to modify the stylesheet, according to the way they tell it.

Q10)print
in print what option below, select slides    (print what: slides)

Q11) depends on question paper

Q12) im very weak with this

i will read other and answer them, i anwered these first, because it will take time for me to do other ones.

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 09:46:22 am »
i think i am a bit late.

Offline Tammy

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 09:55:16 am »

"
"

-Word:
1) Go to file
2) Click on page setup

Q11: Yes, after the examination time, you need to highlight the things you made in the html printout. (It's not our problem!)

Q12: It's only to send an e-mail to the email they give you and you will receive another one from them, next you have to make an attcehment, which is quite easy. You probably do it everyday in your daily life.

Offline emi

• SF Geek
  • former member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:55 am »
thanks u guys are not late .. im going to exam in half an hour from now. thanks sgvaibhav  and tammy <33

>3> ? >3>
former member

Offline SGVaibhav

• SF Farseer
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 10:58:22 am »
ok
it is time now
BEST OF LUCK!!